Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Danny Sheridan says....

Started by Hogs7672, July 27, 2014, 09:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs7672

Auburn by 23, early line.

Do we take it?

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawgzinbowlz

The line started at 24. It will continue to drop and on game day be below 23.

" GO HOGS "

hawgwild child

It could get down to 17 and I'd still take it, I think were gonna be improved enough to give them a game, may not win but I believe we take em to the 4 quarter

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

TDHawgs

After watching last years highlights again, we really shot ourselves in the foot. We had a TD pass called back that could have went our way.. Debry threw one interception and Allen turned the ball over fumbling the snap from Swanson; all in the 1st quarter. Talk about killing any momentum. If we minimize our mistakes this year, we can hang, not saying we will win, but will give them all they want.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogs7672 on July 27, 2014, 09:22:56 pm
Auburn by 23, early line.

Do we take it?
Like a duck all over a june bug!!

Hawgey-Davidson

Danny Sheridan's bankroll is bigger than mine. Guess I go with him. For time being anyway.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

SPAL

Yes. Hammer it in the 20's, tread carefully from 20-13, play Auburn after 13.

This is a conference game, the first game of the season, and semi rivals. Highly unlikely we lose by 3 scores.

jgphillips3

Yeah, I'd take us to cover that all day long.

onebadrubi

Where in the heck can I bet this????

870hogfan

alohawg

Hogs may win straight up- if your a betting man, take that bet.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

hogninja

I say we beat the snot out of them and win by 3.  :razorback:

Wild Bill Hog

If we can't cover that, this is going to be a very long season IMO.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 27, 2014, 10:12:29 pm
Danny Sheridan's bankroll is bigger than mine. Guess I go with him. For time being anyway.
Hate to tell you this but the size of his (or anyone else's) bankroll doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you take the spread. It has to do with whether or not you think WHATEVER you bet will be won when it comes to the points.

MountieDawg

His number is only a number that believes will keep the betting even on both sides of the number. Vegas gets paid on the juice.
SEC!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 27, 2014, 10:12:29 pm

Go with the guy that said he had proof of old barns money bagger then when called on the carpet he couldn't produce it........................No Thanks. His integrity is now too questionable.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

alwaysnextyear

People are underestimating the loss of Mason. Was a brute in between the tackles. I'm hopeful with the loss of Ash we will now be able to slow down the same inside run play that aTm and Auburn ran over and over and over.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I'm a believer in teams playing Aubbie much better when they have a while to prepare, and Aubbie is most vulnerable early in the season, so yeah we cover anything over 14 IMO.

MJ2

AU won't be out to embarrass us, but they will make sure the game is out of hand early with a comfortable lead and close it out 48 to 24.

three hog night

Quote from: hawgwild child on July 27, 2014, 09:39:43 pm
It could get down to 17 and I'd still take it, I think were gonna be improved enough to give them a game, may not win but I believe we take em to the 4 quarter

I agree we will take it to the 4th qtr.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

oldman1015

i never bet on or against the hogs. emotion clouds my judgement.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

trashcan maN

Quote from: oldman1015 on July 28, 2014, 09:35:35 am
i never bet on or against the hogs. emotion clouds my judgement.
Yep. Getting stung for 500 in the Vanderbilt game a few years ago solidified this for me. We were 7 pt favorites in 2011, and I thought there was no chance in hell Vandy played us within a score. I was just happy to get the W. We should have lost.

ChicoHog

All about limiting their big plays.  Make them earn it a few yards at a time.  And don't turn it over!

lahawg1

As long as their linebackers have no injuries in the end zone we should play them well this year. Those "all the sudden and it just hits ya" injuries can be a game killer.

Dark Helmet Hog

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: LRRandy on July 27, 2014, 10:13:04 pm
Sounds about right.

If you really believe that then I'll bet you an imaginary Hogville $100 on that and I'll take 22 points, 1 point below the current line.

No money will change hands, this will be a credibility bet.  It's a lot on the line, because if I win, I'll be reminding you of it on here every time you pop off a negative post about the Hogs (so about 300 times) or until we agree on an opportunity for you to try to break even.

And I would assume vice versa if I lose.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

little pigee

But isn't their QB suspended? 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jabohog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 27, 2014, 10:47:04 pm
Yes. Hammer it in the 20's, tread carefully from 20-13, play Auburn after 13.

This is a conference game, the first game of the season, and semi rivals. Highly unlikely we lose by 3 scores.
What if we lose by three field goals?

Corkscrew Johnson

Good grief.  We covered that last year, when Auburn was better and we were worse.  Not to mention: last year we didn't have a QB, they did.  And now the roles might be reversed...

LRRandy

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on July 28, 2014, 12:40:31 pm
If you really believe that then I'll bet you an imaginary Hogville $100 on that and I'll take 22 points, 1 point below the current line.

No money will change hands, this will be a credibility bet.  It's a lot on the line, because if I win, I'll be reminding you of it on here every time you pop off a negative post about the Hogs (so about 300 times) or until we agree on an opportunity for you to try to break even.

ok. $100 hogville dollars it is. And a mea culpa  post regarding my prognostication. Although, if in fact it's going to turn into lollipops and rainbows Aug. 1, I may not be here to collect.
This is fun, isn't it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgwild child on July 27, 2014, 09:39:43 pm
Good ole Razorback football...can always give 'em a good game even if we do not usually win.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogninja on July 28, 2014, 04:38:04 am
I say we beat the snot out of them and win by 3.  :razorback:
Beat the snot out of them and win by only 3? That sounds incongruent.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: little pigee on July 28, 2014, 12:47:30 pm

Nope. Mama paid his fine last week, he was not taken to Media Days, he has to attend substance abuse counseling and submit to random drug testing.

You can bet your last dollar he's playing.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

SPAL

July 28, 2014, 01:50:33 pm #37 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:55:13 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Quote from: jabohog on July 28, 2014, 12:51:13 pm
What if we lose by three field goals?

Clearly I'm not counting on that but I would lose if I took auburn -13

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: little pigee on July 28, 2014, 12:47:30 pm
Uhh.........haven't you heard their HC is Gus. Enough said.

LRRandy

i wouldn't have dug this up but for the fact pygeff challenged my credibility and now he owes me $100 hogville dollars. Can I spend them at the Alma sonic?
This is fun, isn't it.

The Galloping Ghost

Oh wow...this is kinda embarrassing huh?
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

LRRandy

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on August 31, 2014, 11:08:04 pm
Oh wow...this is kinda embarrassing huh?
yeah, funny huh. I would not have pulled an I told you so but as you see he made it a bet and made it about credibility.
This is fun, isn't it.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: LRRandy on August 31, 2014, 11:19:39 pm
yeah, funny huh. I would not have pulled an I told you so but as you see he made it a bet and made it about credibility.

You have committed an unforgivable Hogville sin . . . you have held someone accountable.  Believe me, I know . . . lol . . .

::)

LRRandy

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 31, 2014, 11:35:27 pm
You have committed an unforgivable Hogville sin . . . you have held someone accountable.  Believe me, I know . . . lol . . .

::)
its all in good fun. Don't start none , won't be none. He started it.
This is fun, isn't it.

3kgthog

Lots of angry wives and girlfriends after some of the ding dong bets that may or may not have been placed by some in this thread. Why would you put any money on Arkansas with this defense and an offense not built to come from behind?

Theolesnort

He also sez Auburn will be exceptional this season, clearly better than Bama.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 01, 2014, 12:38:15 am
Lots of angry wives and girlfriends after some of the ding dong bets that may or may not have been placed by some in this thread. Why would you put any money on Arkansas with this defense and an offense not built to come from behind?

I'd do it again too. 

jkstock04

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 01, 2014, 12:38:15 am
I almost did Friday night because I had been drinking and was around some folks convinced we would win. Attitudes of those around you can be contagious. Glad I didn't touch it.

This thread is solid proof of some of the hard headed syndrome going around on Hogville over the past few weeks. I mean general consensus was if you thought the Hogs wouldn't cover that spread you were a bumbling idiot.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I think we'll win every game... I just don't put money on it, but this one looked like a sure bet to me.. I can't believe no one has talked about a "fix" after the 2nd half Saturday.. I don't think that's what happened but knowing how some of the folks who post here behave I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.