Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just Alex Collins.....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, July 27, 2014, 09:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 28, 2014, 06:15:00 pm
It's a classic, no doubt. It is one that caught on and never ceased. But it's not as funny as the others after a point.

I'd say it's about 10 to 12 times less funny...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Other important "Hogville-speak" to know:

Alma Sonic - A poster with major issues dared another one to meet him there

Frito Pie - has to be a choice on every poll

Feh-mah-lees/Tamales - females

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

(notOM)Rebel123

I spend quite a bit of time reading Hogville forums. My wife often wonders what I find so interesting. But when I start reading posts to my wife, she just cracks up....She's amazed at the humor/wit of some of the posters, as am I.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

July 28, 2014, 08:37:43 pm #53 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:25:35 pm by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 28, 2014, 08:18:47 pm
I spend quite a bit of time reading Hogville forums. My wife often wonders what I find so interesting. But when I start reading posts to my wife, she just cracks up....She's amazed at the humor/wit of some of the posters, as am I.

Yep, I agree.  Some are really hilarious and underrated, especially in the Tavern.

Some other ones I forgot that might help the new posters:

TCTWF - The Coach That Was Fired - referring to Houston Nutt, since they pretended it was his idea

BOT - Board of Trustees

CBB - Coach Bret Bielema

BP - Bobby Petrino

MOAT - Mother Of All Tailgates - referring to the Hogville tailgate we had in 2006 - Arkansas vs. USC

MOAT II - Arkansas vs. TN(I think) - ESPN Gameday came out, and students were holding up signs with avatar pics from Hogville(mainly of those of us darksiders) in front of the camera.  We had a huge tailgate full of Hogvillians.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Hoggish1

I just Jackie Robinson 51 years ago...

Fort Dweller

[you] was the hardest I've ever laughed on this site.  Shag took the fall, but it was Slacker and sheman's fault.

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

TomasPistola

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 28, 2014, 01:55:06 pm
Wasn't this the same thing?

Wasn't it "So I'm working out and I see this blonde"?
Hilarious thread.

Vasectomy thread and [You] are the best ever.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

PonderinHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 28, 2014, 02:51:52 pm
I think so.  Didn't he claim his little bro. got on there and posted that?

Someone that remembers give us a summary on that one..
tldr...seriously

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 28, 2014, 11:15:20 pm
Hilarious thread.

That sounds right Tomas

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 28, 2014, 08:37:43 pm
Yep, I agree.  Some are really hilarious and underrated, especially in the Tavern.

TCTWF - The Coach That Was Fired - referring to Houston Nutt, since they pretended it was his idea

BOT - Board of Trustees

CBB - Coach Bret Bielema

BP - Bobby Petrino

MOAT - Mother Of All Tailgates - referring to a great past Hogville tailgate we had on Nov. 11th, 2006 - Arkansas vs. Tennessee - ESPN Gameday came out, and students were holding up signs with avatar pics from Hogville(mainly of those of us darksiders) in front of the camera.  We had a huge tailgate full of Hogvillians.
and all along I thought the M.O.A.T. was the gathering before the USC game in 2006....that's when I was in full on Bob mode with my afro and everyting

PP

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 29, 2014, 06:50:15 am
and all along I thought the M.O.A.T. was the gathering before the USC game in 2006....that's when I was in full on Bob mode with my afro and everyting

PP

Actually, I think you may be right.  TN was MOAT II.

Man, I'm getting old..

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 28, 2014, 08:37:43 pm

my favorite regarding the TCTWF was MOTHO- Moron of the highest order.

hawgwash

A suggestion for the mods.  Hogville needs a Hall of Fame forum for these classic threads.

And fwiw, the funniest thread I've ever read on ANY sports message board was on a Texas board.  Someone put some God awful butt ugly statues up at their bookstore "honoring" a bunch of their sports legends.  The Horn fans were so embarrassed by it, as they should have been, and went on for pages making fun of those things.

Hogpkins

Quote from: hawgwash on July 29, 2014, 12:50:11 pm
A suggestion for the mods.  Hogville needs a Hall of Fame forum for these classic threads.

Seconded.

Southern Hogspitality

Not a top five maybe not even top ten, but the uniform thread that lead to football uniform with pine cones and antlers on it was pretty good.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: spe450 on July 28, 2014, 04:16:59 pm
The function was disabled because of that thread or series of threads.  Someone (maybe Shag) discovered the fact that if you typed [you] into hogville, it would contain the name of whoever was reading it. 

Take the following sentence, for instance:

Typed
[You] is a complete jerk and here's why!

Read
Hawgsmellgud is a complete jerk and here's why!

So many people got upset because they couldn't figure out what was going on and thought that an entire thread was a bout them.  Comedy gold

Dammit!! that woulda been great. So everyone was pissed, at the same thing, but couldn't figure out why everyone else was also mad... That is why I do not go a day (or hour) without reading the top threads.

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 28, 2014, 11:15:20 pm

yup.
Hilarious thread.

Vasectomy thread and [You] are the best ever.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HogRedTilImDead

I feel like I just got clued in on every inside joke that ever existed on this board. Some I knew about, some I did not. The [you] incident, I fell for hard and could not understand why everyone was coming at me. lol Took a day or so to understand what was happening. I have wanted to ask on some of the abbreviations but chickened out at the last minute.
GO HOGS!!

Quote from: HogRedTilImDead on July 29, 2014, 08:39:05 pm
I feel like I just got clued in on every inside joke that ever existed on this board. Some I knew about, some I did not. The [you] incident, I fell for hard and could not understand why everyone was coming at me. lol Took a day or so to understand what was happening. I have wanted to ask on some of the abbreviations but chickened out at the last minute.

NEVER be afraid to ask.  Glad to help.

There are a couple of threads in the help forum for the acronyms, as well as you can usually just google them(I prefer Yahoo search).

Hogpkins

Is the [you] thread gone? forever?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on July 29, 2014, 08:48:20 pm
Is the [you] thread gone? forever?

It's somewhere.  However, Doug fixed the glitch so now every post reads as [you].  Doesn't quite have the punch it did.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Hogpkins

I imagine, even knowing now, the reactions would be priceless.

hog.goblin

The [you] thread was great.  I was reading it and wondered why some jerk that I couldn't recall was going on about me.  Rather than post, I checked his recent history and we had never really crossed paths on hogville.

I went back to thread to read it again and it had been updated with a bunch of other folks mad about the posts.  Then I knew something was going on and caught another thread where folks were talking about it.

Man it was hilarious watching the reactions.  I think some people got real pissed and couldn't take it as a joke.

Shag642 took one for the team.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Shoatysmalls on July 29, 2014, 09:02:07 pm
I imagine, even knowing now, the reactions would be priceless.

i believe the technical term for what was going on was "people were flipping their collective shats".

CallThemHawgs!

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 28, 2014, 01:37:10 pm
Number one in my book will always be when OTR had some guy arguing with him about Pel coaching into a giant mirror with his back to the court because fortson was left handed. That was back when people didn't know who OTR was. Man he had that guy spitting mad, and I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard.

I had completely forgotten about this one. 

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 28, 2014, 09:36:39 pm
[you] was the hardest I've ever laughed on this site.  Shag took the fall, but it was Slacker and sheman's fault.

This may have been my favorite. I was so mad reading that crap!! Then I realized Hogville was hacked and laughed at all the other mad posters.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 27, 2014, 10:56:15 pm

Copperhead snake
London fletcher
Red crap
I just Steve Hill
Gruden Merged

5 best threads ever on hogville.

I didn't read the Copperhead thread. I think it got to long.

Don't remember the Red crap. What did I miss?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on August 02, 2014, 10:40:14 am
I didn't read the Copperhead thread. I think it got to long.

Don't remember the Red crap. What did I miss?

Guy started a thread about putting a "redshirt" on a player.  However, he left out the second r.  HV censor picked up on the naughty 4 letter word in the center and changed it to "redcrapped."  Hilarity ensued.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Fort Dweller on August 02, 2014, 10:42:55 am
Guy started a thread about putting a "redshirt" on a player.  However, he left out the second r.  HV censor picked up on the naughty 4 letter word in the center and changed it to "redcrapped."  Hilarity ensued.

I'm laughing now and I never saw it. LOL

Birminghog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on July 27, 2014, 10:56:15 pm

Copperhead snake
London fletcher
Red crap
I just Steve Hill
Gruden Merged

5 best threads ever on hogville.

I've been around for the last two, & Red crap was explained, but are there links for the others, the LSU Vas thread, or other gems?

As for abbreviations, don't forget GSD = Great Stadium Debate. Most of the abbreviations I either figure out or someone spills the beans, but you guys had to explain that one to me. Maybe we need an HV glossary.

I really hope that MMQ can remain as enjoyable as it has been lately & not disintegrate to what it became last fall. Thanks, guys.

Mike Irwin

You mean like, The darn hit the fan?

Fort Dweller

Man, I missed that one!  Sounds like one of the top, legendary ones.

Gotta love typos, man...

EvilHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 28, 2014, 06:45:20 pm
Other important "Hogville-speak" to know:

Alma Sonic - A poster with major issues dared another one to meet him there

Frito Pie - has to be a choice on every poll

Feh-mah-lees/Tamales - females

The showdown at Alma Sonic was one of the funniest things I ever read on Hogville. Classic!

Another long-running phrase..."Did (insert famous Hog that someone saw or spoke to) offer you any of their catfish?  That was a funny thread too.

spe450

Anything where Skip got riled up was pure comedy.