Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Late BB recruiting infomation

Started by nwahogfan1, July 26, 2014, 09:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Here it is almost August and we know we have 2 positions open next year so wondering if anyone have any new scoop on kids that have us as a strong lean or will visit in the fall?   

I keep seeing recruits I thought would be a strong lean to us only to find out they are leaning elsewhere and we moved way down their lists.  Maybe even off their visit list.

So wondering if any new info out there.

Hawg Red

We're still in very good shape with Jimmy Whitt. I feel very optimistic that we'll land him, and that would be a huge get for the staff.

Not really sure where we are with anyone else.

-Blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 26, 2014, 09:55:31 pm
Here it is almost August and we know we have 2 positions open next year so wondering if anyone have any new scoop on kids that have us as a strong lean or will visit in the fall?   

I keep seeing recruits I thought would be a strong lean to us only to find out they are leaning elsewhere and we moved way down their lists.  Maybe even off their visit list.

So wondering if any new info out there.

As Hawg Red already mentioned, we're in pretty good shape with Jimmy Whitt.  From everything I've heard it's pretty much between us and SMU at the moment.  Also was just reading from a recruiting guy the other day that Kansas could be in the mix as well, and Mizzou is really trying to push to get him too.  But, at this point you really have to like our chances with Whitt.

As far as other recruits you got Juwan Morgan, Melvin Frazier, and LeGerald Vick who have all recently been reported as still being recruited by the staff and that's just the 2015 guys.  It's been said we're recruiting other guys as well for 2015, but the staff is keeping those quiet and have asked some of the Arkansas recruiting guys not to write stories on them as well, and that's coming from one of the recruiting guys.  I know a couple days ago it was reported that the staff was watching SG Kerwin Roach Jr, he's a guy that his stock is really rising and is expected to be ranked in the rivals150 when they update their rankings. 

If I had to make a guess, and this is strictly a guess, we'll sign Jimmy Whitt in fall and probably one other guy that's combo forward, that could be Juwan Morgan if we can make ground up on him, or some guy we don't even know about yet that the staff has been working on.  Then depending on Qualls and Portis we could bring in 1 or 2 other guys in Spring.  But, I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't sign at least 1 guy in the fall though.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 27, 2014, 12:46:26 pm
We're still in very good shape with Jimmy Whitt. I feel very optimistic that we'll land him, and that would be a huge get for the staff.

Not really sure where we are with anyone else.

I sure hope so. Would be a great addition.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

rusvegashog

Jimmy Whitt's Jayhawk Invitational video is good and he does a good interview. He's got that Grant Hill mid range game down son. We should be so lucky to land him as a player.

mhuff

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 27, 2014, 10:16:42 pm
Jimmy Whitt's Jayhawk Invitational video is good and he does a good interview. He's got that Grant Hill mid range game down son. We should be so lucky to land him as a player.

I am hoping all our new guards fit that description. I think there will be a definite improvement in the mid range shooting .... FT's as well.

Music City Hog

July 27, 2014, 11:13:28 pm #6 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:41:41 am by Music City Hog
I'm vacationing in Panama City and TJ Cleveland is in my hotel.   We chatted and he said he is here on a recruiting trip.   Any ideas who he is recruiting here this weekend?

-Blu

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 27, 2014, 11:13:28 pm
I'm vacationing in Panama City and TJ Cleveland is in my hotel.   We chatted and he said he is hear on a recruiting trip.   Any ideas who he is recruiting here this weekend?

No idea, but that's good info, I'm sure somebody will figure it out.

+1 for the report.

rzrbackramsfan

I think Antonio blakeney sp? Is from Orlando.  That would be sweet!

The_Iceman

I really want Melvin Frazier. He is a perfect Mike Anderson player.

RazorAg

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 27, 2014, 11:13:28 pm
I'm vacationing in Panama City and TJ Cleveland is in my hotel.   We chatted and he said he is hear on a recruiting trip.   Any ideas who he is recruiting here this weekend?

LaGerald Vick. He and Team Thad were down there for a tournament. Vick absolutely went off, too.

The_Iceman

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 28, 2014, 07:15:24 am
I really want Melvin Frazier. He is a perfect Mike Anderson player.

Hawg Red

I don't think anyone has any clue how Vick and Frazier feel about the Hogs. Would be nice to get them but a complete guess to predict them. We should gain some clarity in the coming months. Right now, Jimmy Whitt's the only recruit we really have a solid grasp on for 2015.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 28, 2014, 11:02:18 am
I don't think anyone has any clue how Vick and Frazier feel about the Hogs. Would be nice to get them but a complete guess to predict them. We should gain some clarity in the coming months. Right now, Jimmy Whitt's the only recruit we really have a solid grasp on for 2015.

Vick was just in a Scout article a few days ago discussing the hogs and his recruitment.  This was a national article, and not an Arkansas article.  To give quick summary said we've been in the mix for a while, like our playstyle, and mentions Todd Day's dad is his coach, so he's familiar with us.  Currently seven schools are recruiting him, or seven schools he thought to have mentioned, and we were one of them.  I also know Dudley has mentioned Vick in the past as a guy we were recruiting.  And this months ago, with that information I would assume it to be safe to say that there is mutual interest.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1423188-vick-keeps-adding-offers?s=75

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on July 28, 2014, 11:26:04 am
Vick was just in a Scout article a few days ago discussing the hogs and his recruitment.  This was a national article, and not an Arkansas article.  To give quick summary said we've been in the mix for a while, like our playstyle, and mentions Todd Day's dad is his coach, so he's familiar with us.  Currently seven schools are recruiting him, or seven schools he thought to have mentioned, and we were one of them.  I also know Dudley has mentioned Vick in the past as a guy we were recruiting.  And this months ago, with that information I would assume it to be safe to say that there is mutual interest.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1423188-vick-keeps-adding-offers?s=75

What I'm saying is that we don't know how much interest there is. I don't think you can get a good feel for a guy when there's 7 schools in the mix. That's my point. We seem to be beyond the overall group of schools recruiting Whitt. We're in that top 2-3, it seems. So we have a good feel there. Obviously we're recruiting him but how serious is the interest with Vick and Frazier? We don't know. We just know we're recruiting them.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 28, 2014, 11:41:23 am
What I'm saying is that we don't know how much interest there is. I don't think you can get a good feel for a guy when there's 7 schools in the mix. That's my point. We seem to be beyond the overall group of schools recruiting Whitt. We're in that top 2-3, it seems. So we have a good feel there. Obviously we're recruiting him but how serious is the interest with Vick and Frazier? We don't know. We just know we're recruiting them.

Gotcha, your talking about guys we know for sure we're in their top 2 or 3 schools, if that's the case your right just Whitt at the moment.  But, to be honest with our staff that really doesn't mean much, wouldn't surprise me if someone that was rarely mentioned or we never heard about us actively recruiting just came out the blue and committed, and our staff had been recruiting them a while and we didn't know a thing about it.  Kinda like the Jabril Durham situation.  Speaking of that, a few days ago on another board there was a guy predicting some guy I've never heard of as being one of our fall commits, I asked him about the guy, and he told me everything is not meant to be public.  I forgot the kids name, I'll dig up that thread in a bit and post it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on July 28, 2014, 01:09:41 pm
Gotcha, your talking about guys we know for sure we're in their top 2 or 3 schools, if that's the case your right just Whitt at the moment.  But, to be honest with our staff that really doesn't mean much, wouldn't surprise me if someone that was rarely mentioned or we never heard about us actively recruiting just came out the blue and committed, and our staff had been recruiting them a while and we didn't know a thing about it.  Kinda like the Jabril Durham situation.  Speaking of that, a few days ago on another board there was a guy predicting some guy I've never heard of as being one of our fall commits, I asked him about the guy, and he told me everything is not meant to be public.  I forgot the kids name, I'll dig up that thread in a bit and post it.

Interested to hear that name.

rusvegashog

Is there any tape on Jabril Durham alone? I pulled up a video that I guess is his team(warriors?), but couldn't find anything that's just him. I appreciate it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 28, 2014, 03:00:05 pm
Is there any tape on Jabril Durham alone? I pulled up a video that I guess is his team(warriors?), but couldn't find anything that's just him. I appreciate it.

Nope. That video of his JUCO team is it. It's full game video tho.

rusvegashog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 28, 2014, 03:16:30 pm
Nope. That video of his JUCO team is it. It's full game video tho.
What I was watching was a mix tape compilation. Ill find it. Hey a couple weeks ago there was a thread about one of the posters on here who has a YouTube channel that is loaded with Razorback games I even posted in it, but can't remember the You Tube name. Can you help. Thanks again.

alaback

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 28, 2014, 03:31:41 pm
What I was watching was a mix tape compilation. Ill find it. Hey a couple weeks ago there was a thread about one of the posters on here who has a YouTube channel that is loaded with Razorback games I even posted in it, but can't remember the You Tube name. Can you help. Thanks again.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tWARMACHINE2013/videos?view=0

Dominicanhog

I'll predict and hope for Vick, Whitt and Dime..Dime is contingent on BP leaving which I think happens... Hard to give up top 10 money, which is what it will be if he just slightly improves on last year stats.

Etowah

I think things have changed somewhat with Whitt from what I have heard from those associated with his AAU team.

We are still very much in it...the favorites?  Not sure I would call us the favorites...but it is 50/50...us and Missouri.  SMU has fallen behind.  If Kansas or other "blue bloods"...Kentucky, NC, Duke, etc...gets involved things could change.

The Hogfather

Missouri is a joke, but the pull of home is strong.  Fight the urge, Jimmy!

poloprince

Don't forget Dusty, adding him is at least the equivalent of a 4 star player.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Adding Dusty Hannahs is the equivalent of adding a 4 star? Don't think so. Nice role player, but let's not go overboard.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: poloprince on August 09, 2014, 07:40:44 pm

More like a 5 star player

PonderinHog

The Hogfather

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 09, 2014, 08:21:28 pm
Adding Dusty Hannahs is the equivalent of adding a 4 star? Don't think so. Nice role player, but let's not go overboard.

It's like adding a veteran 3-star player, which usually is initially better than a young 4-star player.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 14, 2014, 12:55:32 pm
It's like adding a veteran 3-star player, which usually is initially better than a young 4-star player.

Yeah, I get the logic. Not sure I agree the conclusion, though.

mhuff

Quote from: poloprince on August 09, 2014, 07:40:44 pm

You will have to show that to me..... which site?