Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clark uncut interview not watched.

Started by hogninja, July 26, 2014, 09:23:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogninja

This is not a bash, I just did not feel the need to watch an interview with a former player that left when we needed him the most.  We were in transition and needed a shooting guard. He met that role and IMHO in MA's system, could have been fantastic given the speed of play that would have opened RC up in transition. He chose Butler and did well there and more power to him.  He is working his way around the International League, trying to get into the NBA. Good for him. What players that play or originate from AR and choose to go elsewhere need to understand is that WHEN they go elsewhere, they become irrelevant to AR fans. We just don't care that you chose Fayetteville to live in, we don't care that you married a LR girl.  Good for you that you love Arkansas enough to move back, but you ran and that can't be undone.  You did it as a personal choice and I will not argue that it is your life choice, but one consideration is that an interview will go unwatched due to the fact that you are now irrelevant as far as Razorback Sports. JMHO :razorback:

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

1highhog

Quote from: hogninja on July 26, 2014, 09:23:24 pm
This is not a bash, I just did not feel the need to watch an interview with a former player that left when we needed him the most.  We were in transition and needed a shooting guard. He met that role and IMHO in MA's system, could have been fantastic given the speed of play that would have opened RC up in transition. He chose Butler and did well there and more power to him.  He is working his way around the International League, trying to get into the NBA. Good for him. What players that play or originate from AR and choose to go elsewhere need to understand is that WHEN they go elsewhere, they become irrelevant to AR fans. We just don't care that you chose Fayetteville to live in, we don't care that you married a LR girl.  Good for you that you love Arkansas enough to move back, but you ran and that can't be undone.  You did it as a personal choice and I will not argue that it is your life choice, but one consideration is that an interview will go unwatched due to the fact that you are now irrelevant as far as Razorback Sports. JMHO :razorback:

You yourself watched watched the video, you said verbatim what the video said.  I don't care if you like the boy or not, but don't come on here saying to others it will go unwatched when you watched it.  I watched it wondering why they were interviewing him for, there's been plenty of ex- razorback players that left and came back, about the only one I really have a problem with is Houston Dale Nutt.

hogninja

Quote from: 1highhog on July 26, 2014, 09:49:56 pm
You yourself watched watched the video, you said verbatim what the video said.  I don't care if you like the boy or not, but don't come on here saying to others it will go unwatched when you watched it.  I watched it wondering why they were interviewing him for, there's been plenty of ex- razorback players that left and came back, about the only one I really have a problem with is Houston Dale Nutt.
Actually, I read a small amount in the DEMGAZ for my post, but I did not listen to the interview for the same reason. I just didn't care.

rusvegashog

I love me some Hogville and appreciate the board, but a Rotnei Clarke thread being moved to general sports and overall haterism that goes against the former Razorback is petty and a joke to me.

poloprince

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 27, 2014, 08:16:03 am
I love me some Hogville and appreciate the board, but a Rotnei Clarke thread being moved to general sports and overall haterism that goes against the former Razorback is petty and a joke to me.

He left, so it is what it is.
$PoLoPrInCe$

rusvegashog

So did Scotty Thurman, Joe Johnson and BJ Young. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion just wanted to put mine out there.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 27, 2014, 12:02:28 pm
So did Scotty Thurman, Joe Johnson and BJ Young. I know I'm not changing anyone's opinion just wanted to put mine out there.
They all left to try and go pro early.  Not all were successful.  That is different from transferring to another college program.  If you don't understand that, so be it.  That being said, I don't harbor him any ill will, I just really personally don't care.

TRUHOG718

Riddle me this. Why did this get moved and Emmanuel Muiday, Derek Fisher, Manut Bol, Lance Stevenson, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Pat Riley, Jason Kidd, Trevor Ariza, Dee Wagner, Joel Embid, Kyle Lowry, Memphis Basketball, Missouri Basketball, Brooklyn NETS all have threads on page one of Jump Ball which clearly states "discuss the razorback basketball team in this forum." Sour Grapes maybe?

It's time to put your big boy pants on and move on guys. Real talk......TRU
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

rusvegashog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on July 27, 2014, 12:47:11 pm
They all left to try and go pro early.  Not all were successful.  That is different from transferring to another college program.  If you don't understand that, so be it.  That being said, I don't harbor him any ill will, I just really personally don't care.
And he was a Razorback longer than two of the three I mentioned and the same as the other. Also he left to give himself the best opportunity to go pro so I see it as exactly the same.

rusvegashog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on July 27, 2014, 02:14:53 pm
Riddle me this. Why did this get moved and Emmanuel Muiday, Derek Fisher, Manut Bol, Lance Stevenson, Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Pat Riley, Jason Kidd, Trevor Ariza, Dee Wagner, Joel Embid, Kyle Lowry, Memphis Basketball, Missouri Basketball, Brooklyn NETS all have threads on page one of Jump Ball which clearly states "discuss the razorback basketball team in this forum." Sour Grapes maybe?

^^^THIS^^^. U made the point much better than I did.

Well done.

Champs04

His father just bought all star sports arena in springdale, huge facility. Rotnei was really nice to my kids when they met him. He bettered himself by leaving, can't blame him and he always says good stuff about arkansas. Hope he stays in fayetteville when he is back. Good luck rotnei!!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

July 27, 2014, 08:58:13 pm #13 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:48:33 pm by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

My Bol Bol thread about Manute's son was to ask everyone's opinion if the Hogs' should look at him.

Not arguing with you, just clarifying.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rusvegashog

I end up watching a couple of those Bol Bol videos. Dude looks just like his pops. Better dribbler though.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 27, 2014, 09:46:29 pm
I end up watching a couple of those Bol Bol videos. Dude looks just like his pops. Better dribbler though.

Well he's not 7'7" yet.  I can't imagine having to dribble that high...

But yes, he has better skills.  His shot is funny like his dad's, but his elbow looks more straight on his free throws. 
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rusvegashog

He's a long long kid. By all accounts his dad was quite a man. U wish the kid the best.

PonderinHog

It's simple,really.  Porked Tongue doesn't like Fauxhawg.

SPAL

Mike Anderson and FCJ make no bones about it, and they are in agreement....kids that abandon the hogs will jot be welcomed back...

After joe threw up , he let me in on the secret

rusvegashog

Was that after his sit down with Bielema?

warriorlion

Anyone notice how many empty seats on those rotnie video clips at the Bud? I am so ready for a return to the days of a packed house and great team.

Don't really have care about the kid leaving-would have been nice had he stayed, but he did what he thought would help him-kinda selfish if you are looking for team first guys.  May have been best for him an hogs that he left.

TRUHOG718

I'm posing this question to everyone for the sake of discussion without starting a new thread. Didn't Wagner and Clarke Transfer for the same reason? Playing time. Why are we supposed to treat the situations any differently? Is it because Rotnei was better?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 27, 2014, 08:58:13 pm
My Bol Bol thread about Manute's son was to ask everyone's opinion if the Hogs' should look at him.

Not arguing with you, just to clarifying.

No offence taken.

Johnboy

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on July 28, 2014, 05:45:13 pm
I'm posing this question to everyone for the sake of discussion without starting a new thread. Didn't Wagner and Clarke Transfer for the same reason? Playing time. Why are we supposed to treat the situations any differently? Is it because Rotnei was better?
How did Clark transfer for playing time when he never even made it to a game?  Just assumed?

DOGALUM

Lol @ "I just don't care......I don't care SO MUCH that I'm gonna start a thread to announce to the world how much I don't care....and I'm gonna give some of the information contained in that which I do not care about just to prove to others how interesting the information is which will make them admire the depth of my indifference"

Fool proof plan.   

It's painfully obvious that the OP  just does not care.    I applaud him. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

popcornhog

Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

Rotnei is more related to Arkansas hoops than non alumni Nba or Mizzou subjects.
WPS

rusvegashog

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 29, 2014, 12:35:24 pm
Lol @ "I just don't care......I don't care SO MUCH that I'm gonna start a thread to announce to the world how much I don't care....and I'm gonna give some of the information contained in that which I do not care about just to prove to others how interesting the information is which will make them admire the depth of my indifference"

Fool proof plan.   

It's painfully obvious that the OP  just does not care.    I applaud him.
"...the depth of my indifference". Ha! It's "painfully obvious" that i'm stealing that. +1 too funny.