Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

YOUR NFL Team Predictions!

Started by Boston RedHogs, July 26, 2014, 09:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boston RedHogs

I'm getting excited for the NFL season, and the HOF game is only a week away.  With the season approaching:

What NFL team do you pull for and how do you feel about their upcoming season?

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on July 26, 2014, 09:05:13 pm
I'm getting excited for the NFL season, and the HOF game is only a week away.  With the season approaching:

What NFL team do you pull for and how do you feel about their upcoming season?
Kinda hard to not go with the Seahawks again, but i feel like we will see some surprises this season. Keep an eye on the Bucs and Bills. Usual suspects Patriots, Saints, and 49ers.

Dr. Starcs

Big Papa Satan

Picked Cowboys 8-8 for the last two years; see no reason to change from that prediction.

8-8, 2nd in East, no playoffs.

alohawg

Cowboys will be worse, 6-10 sounds about right.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HiggiePiggy

Broncos until manning retires or goes to a different team.  I believe they will be in the Super Bowl again. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bruisemeister

I am a longtime Bengals fan. They have been to the playoffs the past 2 seasons only to lose in the first round. They have been lucky that the Steelers have been down for a couple of seasons. I don't expect it to happen this year. The Bengals may have peaked. I know they have a good young defense but they seem to get a key player or two hurt each year. Thats just another year for that player to get older and slower. They have one of the best receivers in the NFL in A.J. Green but no real consistent # 2 man in case he is double teamed. Their running game is up and down. Andy Daulton is an ok quarterback. He can play well at times but is prone to interceptions. The team also has a history under Marvin Lewis of an occasional disappointing year. I think this may be it. I say anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7. They could squeeze into a wildcard at best.

bennyl08

I like a lot of teams. The teams I've liked the longest are the Rams and the Packers, though I've also had a mild fondness for the Seahawks, and now that I live in the PNW, the Seahawks are the closest thing to being my primary team as any.

They lose some quality depth on defense, but they should be a bit better on offense this season. They sweep the 49'ers this year, but will lose one to the Cardinals and Rams as the gap narrows. Seahawks still win the division and make a dangerous run into the playoffs, but fall short of a second Super Bowl.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Richard_white

Seahawks OL was questionable last year.  They didn't upgrade.  They also lost two WR's. One from free agency and the other from unexpected retirement. 

New Orleans vs San Fran= San Fran wins the NFC

Denver got better on defense.  And as long as they have Mannning they will be great on offense. 

New England vs Denver= Denver AFC Champs

San Fran vs Denver in SB= Denver SB Champs.

alohawg

I think Manning gets hurt/retires and Denver misses the playoffs. KC makes a push in the AFC but falls short, Pats return to face the Seahawks in the SB after they repeat against the niners in a rematch and repeat as champs. Keiro Small gets a ring!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Steelers welcome Johnny Drama to the league and he has to be carried off of the field.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

40MINSOFHELL

Guinness Snout

Dr. Starcs

Officially on the record now for lowering Cowboys to 5-11 after another season ending injury loss on their "defense".

hoghappy

I've been called weird since I like the Packers and the Bears. I think both will win enough to get into the playoffs.

Smolder

Bengals 11-5 Loses in Conf Championship

hvsupastar

Green Bay 12-4 Super Bowl Champs... Book it
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

pigture perfect

I know it's said all the time, but this is the year Brady gets folded like a fancy napkin. My hope is Chiefs and Packers Super Bowl. Realistically I'm thinking Bronc's and Niner's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hvsupastar

You guys are a lot higher on the Niners than me. They haven't made it in previous seasons and didn't upgrade at all. Actually lost a few key guys.

Same with the Broncos losing Decker. Pats got Revis. Manning is going to be basically down two starting pass catchers vs Pats
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

HiggiePiggy

Broncos defense is the only questions.  If it's better then they will be better.  Decker is a good player, but a lot of that was because of manning and he has always done that with the players on his teams. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Quote from: Smolder on August 02, 2014, 06:23:25 pm
Bengals 11-5 Loses in Conf Championship

So long as the championship is the first playoff game.  ;)

Quote from: hvsupastar on August 03, 2014, 10:48:56 am
You guys are a lot higher on the Niners than me. They haven't made it in previous seasons and didn't upgrade at all. Actually lost a few key guys.

Same with the Broncos losing Decker. Pats got Revis. Manning is going to be basically down two starting pass catchers vs Pats

Pats got Revis, but last aqib. Yes, that's an upgrade, but that still leaves them with only one CB to write home about (assuming Revis is healthy enough to do so). Manning still has Thomas, Thomas, and Welker to throw to, so that's 3 starting pass catchers. Brady may or may not have Gronk, may or may not have Amendola, and will have Edelman and Thompkins to throw to. Plus, Broncos a lot on their OL last season to injury and return their pro-bowl LT and should have a healthy Von Miller. Broncos lost Decker, but Decker isn't a #1 type receiver and will not put up the same stats with the Jets. Sanders is less talented than Decker, but Manning will make him into a 500-600 yard receiver.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dr. Starcs

Yep. Manning should have another fantastic regular season. Postseason is always his question mark.

bao187

Nfc west 49ers (homer pick)
east eagles
south saints
north packers
wild card seahawks remains

Afc west broncos
east patriots
south colts
north Bengals
wild card Steelers chargers

Super Bowl: Broncos vs 49ers
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

bao187

Biggest worry for my niners is a lot of injuries on defense already. On offense adding Stevie johnson is a big upgrade in my opinion. Vernon davis should have a huge season with the addition of johnson.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

RazorChuck

Seahawks repeat, whiners won't be close this year as they live up to their pudtential, and suck at the bottom of the NFC west.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

All that matters is that the Cowgirls and Browns(especially Johnny Drama) fail miserably.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bao187

Quote from: RazorChuck on August 15, 2014, 01:45:34 pm
Seahawks repeat, whiners won't be close this year as they live up to their pudtential, and suck at the bottom of the NFC west.

whiners? pudtential? how old are you? If you think the niners are going to finish behind the rams you don't know the NFL.

hvsupastar

Quote from: bao187 on August 15, 2014, 09:15:53 pm
whiners? pudtential? how old are you? If you think the niners are going to finish behind the rams you don't know the NFL.

The rams may have the best pass rush in the NFL. If Bradford gets one roll they could certainly finish above the 49ers

bao187

Their defense is very solid, but their go to WR is kenny Britt. I like watching him play so don't get me wrong, but not a #1 receiver. I don't see their offense doing much. Now the cardinals is a different story they were the best team not in the playoff last year. I'm so ready to get this season rolling.

bennyl08

I could see a complete switch in the NFC West if Harvin gets injured again.

Seahawks still boast the leagues nastiest defense, but they did lose some experienced depth, granted in preseason, seahawks third string defense has stifled other third string offenses. However, after losing Rice and Tate, Harvin's health becomes much more important (even though Kearse and their new rookies are pretty good). Combine that with potential for money issues to start effecting Lynch's performance, and that could be enough to have the Seahawks fall.

For the Niners, their defense lacked a bit of the luster from seasons past, but even then it was still one of the better D's in the league. However, a combination of injuries, departures, and suspensions could leave their defense in trouble this season (look how the Broncos shredded them). That means it will be up to their offense. To date, Gore has been ageless, but even he has a time limit. Who replaces him? Hunter isn't a bell cow back and is recently injured. Is Lattimore ready to play? Hyde is a majorly overrated in my opinion, leaving it up to their passing game. If you want to know about Kaepernick, look at his new contract. Basically, it says, we still see a lot of potential in you, but you are way too inconsistent and we don't trust you very much. He can run extremely well and has an absolute cannon of an arm, but his ability to actually be a qb has not been seen yet. Granted, last year he was mostly without Crabtree who seemed finally ready to be first round pick he was drafted to be. They have receivers, but can Kaepernick take that leap, which their defense may require him too.

On the other side of the coin, the Cardinals boast what could be the best defense in the league (much easier to argue had their star LB not been suspended for the season...). Palmer isn't and hasn't been elite for a while, but can still get it done, especially with an improved OL. There appears to be the personnel at WR now, and if the OL can give an aging Palmer time, they could have a potent offense to go with their stifling defense. The passing attack should help a, IMO, less than ideal group of RB's have enough success to keep the defense honest.

With the Rams, when healthy, I'll take Bradford over any other qb in the division when it comes to actually throwing the ball. He was on fire last season before his injury. They have a nice stable of running backs and enough talent at WR to have an offense good enough to win games if Bradford stays healthy (and the OL too). On defense, the Rams are right there with the Lions on the scariest DL's in the league. Combine that with some serious talent at LB and a few good players in the secondary and as mentioned in another thread here, they went 5-0-1 just two seasons ago. They are a much better team now and could legitimately make a push.

Keep in mind I only focused on potential faults for the Seahawks and Niners while drawing attention to the pluses of the Cardinals and Rams.