Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any New Commits From Elite Camp?

Started by Count De Money, July 26, 2014, 01:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Count De Money

greenie

Quote from: Count De Money on July 26, 2014, 01:20:47 pm
Any commits?

We had lots of predictions for commits at/after this camp.  I was hoping for a little shot in the arm, but looks like I need to just focus elsewhere for a while.  I'm just nervous that we've got a load of recruits that are waiting to see how we do this season.  Which means we need to start strong, and make a good showing at Auburn and win at least 3 out of the next 4.  It may be hard to recover if we go into Auburn and get blown out.  I'm hoping we win 4 of the first 5   :o  :razorback:  :razorback:

Music City Hog

lumphog

I think you nailed it greenie. "IF" we start off strong, I think we finish alot stronger in this class than most think.

ZERO

Quote from: greenie on July 26, 2014, 01:43:07 pm
We had lots of predictions for commits at/after this camp.  I was hoping for a little shot in the arm, but looks like I need to just focus elsewhere for a while.  I'm just nervous that we've got a load of recruits that are waiting to see how we do this season.  Which means we need to start strong, and make a good showing at Auburn and win at least 3 out of the next 4.  It may be hard to recover if we go into Auburn and get blown out.  I'm hoping we win 4 of the first 5   :o  :razorback:  :razorback:

I'm hoping we win five of the first five  :D
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

welchog

Quote from: greenie link=topic=570825.msg9089073#msg9089073quote author=greenie link=topic=570825.msg9089073#msg9089073 date=1406400187]
I'm hoping we win 4 of the first 5   :o  :razorback: 

Let's take them one at a time, but why not 5 for 5.    :)

Oklahawg

Commits from camp won't be tethered to wins at the start of the year, unless we are 0-5 or 1-4.

We will get commits from players at camp. I can't tell you when. While surprised it hasn't happened I think it will happen eventually.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mhuff

Quote from: greenie on July 26, 2014, 01:43:07 pm

jjdlc

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 26, 2014, 01:51:21 pm
Commits from camp won't be tethered to wins at the start of the year, unless we are 0-5 or 1-4.

We will get commits from players at camp. I can't tell you when. While surprised it hasn't happened I think it will happen eventually.

I agree, I think we get at least 1 or 2 by Monday.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

greenie

Quote from: jjdlc on July 26, 2014, 03:03:37 pm

Here we go getting my hopes up again.

Regardless, I think this staff is busting their tails to build this team.

Bubba's Bruisers

So who are the likely 1 or 2 commits?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

Quote from: jjdlc on July 26, 2014, 03:03:37 pm
And people should not freak out if we don't get any from the camp. it's a long process. at the end of the process, i think we will get 25 good players. may not get any out of this camp.

jjdlc

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 26, 2014, 05:48:40 pm
And people should not freak out if we don't get any from the camp. it's a long process. at the end of the process, i think we will get 25 good players. may not get any out of this camp.

Absolutely, we are in good shape for us for this early in the year.

As for who I think we get, I have no sources, just a really good feeling about the punter, Johnson, after that I don't know, but we often see commitments after a camp come Sunday or Monday, so wouldn't be surprised if we get another one.

lumphog

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 26, 2014, 05:48:40 pm
Joe, I think the staff is on cruise control. These guys are being picky, not the last couple staffs that relied on camps. Once recruits see the NEW LOOK offence, I think they jump on board. We will finish strong

BoynamedWooPigSooie

IMHO,  We're evaluating.  We've locked up some pretty strong recruits so far.  There's a glut of commits by guys to make sure they have a spot.

There will be lots of visits and flips before signing day.  I think we'll have lots of things to pitch talented players that fit the profile our staff is looking for.

At this point, with what's left out there, the Sr. seasons will be huge and their growth, development, behavior, etc will be factors in how our class shakes out.  I'd look for a lot of Florida, Lousiana, Texas, and maybe GA/SC/NC players that we don't even know about as fans to be brought in for officials.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lumphog on July 26, 2014, 08:16:00 pm
Joe, I think the staff is on cruise control. These guys are being picky, not the last couple staffs that relied on camps. Once recruits see the NEW LOOK offence, I think they jump on board. We will finish strong
+1000. i 100% agree. would be nice to get a few more before the season. but nothing to worry or freakout about if we don't.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ARtillahog on July 26, 2014, 07:48:51 pm
You're the last person who needs to tell people NOT to freak out.
Go find  you another piss fight, because i am not bringing that here to the recruiting forum.move on.

forrest city joe

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on July 26, 2014, 08:42:56 pm
IMHO,  We're evaluating.  We've locked up some pretty strong recruits so far.  There's a glut of commits by guys to make sure they have a spot.

There will be lots of visits and flips before signing day.  I think we'll have lots of things to pitch talented players that fit the profile our staff is looking for.

At this point, with what's left out there, the Sr. seasons will be huge and their growth, development, behavior, etc will be factors in how our class shakes out.  I'd look for a lot of Florida, Lousiana, Texas, and maybe GA/SC/NC players that we don't even know about as fans to be brought in for officials.
Bingo. i agree.

greenie

Good stuff. Thanks.

gumbohog

Sounds like Blake Johnson just committed!  Welcome Aboard Blake!

MissippHog

Quote from: gumbohog on July 26, 2014, 09:54:26 pm
Sounds like Blake Johnson just committed!  Welcome Aboard Blake!
Yep!  WPS  :razorback:

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Johnson was one I was counting on.

Johnson and Reed are two other likely pickups in the near future. Reed takes an official in early August. I expect him to be on our board afterwards.

Hawgzinbowlz

Before the '14 season and after 3-9 in '13 this high level commitment is an astounding get.

Johnson and Hedlund will set us for the future.

Coach Segrest and Chaney must have a convincing presentation.

" GO HOGS "

three hog night

I completely agree
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 26, 2014, 10:34:45 pm
Johnson was one I was counting on.

Johnson and Reed are two other likely pickups in the near future. Reed takes an official in early August. I expect him to be on our board afterwards.

Will most likely be during or after the season before Reed does anything with Arkansas.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 27, 2014, 03:57:39 pm
Will most likely be during or after the season before Reed does anything with Arkansas.

Good update. Off-board info is never as reliable as RD.

Boarcephus

Is the staff going to offer Whitfield?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.