Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs make Gallaspy's top five

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 26, 2014, 10:54:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

His list of Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Duke, North Carolina State and Michigan State as his top schools gives us a chance, if he's the kind of player who doesn't mind being a good distance from home.

... He's not a real big guy, but running through a lot of arm tackles and getting significant yardage after contact means Gallaspy's size, 5-11, 215 pounds and 4.50 seconds in the 40-yard dash is an excellent starting size for Coach Herbert to get going with to mold an SEC size RB...

" GO HOGS "

lefty08

ummmmmmmmm 215 for a freshman RB is definitely SEC caliber size, especially at 5'11"  i would consider that pretty damn big
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pulled(PP)pork

SemperFi

Quote from: lefty08 on July 26, 2014, 12:36:46 pm
ummmmmmmmm 215 for a freshman RB is definitely SEC caliber size, especially at 5'11"  i would consider that pretty damn big

I agree. 5'11" and 215lbs is excellent size for a freshmen RB and a huge back at the HS level. A year with Coach H in the weight room and this kid could be anywhere from 220-225, faster, more agile and definitely stronger.

I like our chances with the other four schools in his top five. It has to bode well for us that his father accompanied him and got to see firsthand what the UA has to offer.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: lefty08 on July 26, 2014, 12:36:46 pm
I agree. Lemming is the quote of "he's not a real big guy". I was unclear on my sarcasm. A little work from Coach Herbert and Gallaspy could emerge as a 225-230 lb. RB.
The size of Gallaspy, today, is plenty big enough to be a starting RB in the SEC.
Lemming must be using Derrick Henry and Eddie Lacy as a reference.

" GO HOGS "

lefty08

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 26, 2014, 01:34:05 pm
I agree. Lemming is the quote of "he's not a real big guy". I was unclear on my sarcasm. A little work from Coach Herbert and Gallaspy could emerge as a 225-230 lb. RB.
The size of Gallaspy, today, is plenty big enough to be a starting RB in the SEC.
Lemming must be using Derrick Henry and Eddie Lacy as a reference.

" GO HOGS "

Lemming is pretty much an idiot
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: lefty08 on July 26, 2014, 04:54:41 pm
Lemming is pretty much an idiot
He's got a lot of territory to cover and doesn't always get it right.

" GO HOGS "

lefty08

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 26, 2014, 05:40:55 pm
He's got a lot of territory to cover and doesn't always get it right.

" GO HOGS "

you're right, my bad. lemming's bosses are idiots, he is just a stooge

Dominicanhog

his video reminds me of Dennis Johnson... about the same size coming out of HS... love to have another Dj, even with the fumbles..

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Dominicanhog on July 26, 2014, 06:19:00 pm
his video reminds me of Dennis Johnson... about the same size coming out of HS... love to have another Dj, even with the fumbles..
If by " about the same size" you mean "5 inches taller", then yeah...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hoggish1

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 26, 2014, 07:16:16 pm
If by " about the same size" you mean "5 inches taller", then yeah...

Your right, his running over people like a bowling ball thru pins did seem reminiscent though.

bennyl08

Yeah, about 4 inches and 20 pounds, though the point of running style is well taken.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse