Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you believe?

Started by twistitup, July 25, 2014, 09:13:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you?

Yes
No

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Deep Shoat

I believe I'll have another scotch...
All Gas, No Brakes!

LRRandy

I believe the razorbacks can win 5 games.
This is fun, isn't it.

Augustus

HawgTide

My beliefs do not require them to

Oklahawg

Hell yes!

And, no better time of year to convince yourself that you should believe than the last six weeks leading up to game #1. I will hit a zenith of optimism sometime early that week prior to the Auburn game. Then, mixed feelings and jitters will set in and I'll be even less objective, and just downright skittish.

Ah, to be a fan.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The NewEra

I'm fired up and ready for the season. Optimism abounds in my Razorback blood. Second year with BB. These are all kids that have bought into him now. I'm comfortable with all of our coaches. We have eighteen or so freshmen returning who had significant playing time last year and no off the field issues for the first time I can remember. These young Hogs are giving it their all and I'll be supporting them all the way.

Go Hogs!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

moses_007

I'm ready to go over to Auburn and kick some arse.

PonderinHog

Well, Don Williams does, so yeah.

14erHog

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

LRRandy

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 25, 2014, 10:46:22 pm
Well, Don Williams does, so yeah.
no sir. Love, old folks, children and you. Don Williams never one time said he believed in hogs. Just to clarify.
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LRRandy on July 25, 2014, 10:51:55 pm
no sir. Love, old folks, children and you. Don Williams never one time said he believed in hogs. Just to clarify.
I can't remember all the damn lyrics to that song, man.   ::)

BOAR_N2BWILD

I believe .... sometimes you have to wreck your truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment. - Larry the Cable Guy

But I do believe we will have a better year.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

SemperFi

Absolutely! We may win ugly, it probably won't be a thing of beauty to witness, but this 2014 version of the Hogs are going to jump up and punch a few teams in the gut. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Ironhawg

July 25, 2014, 11:45:59 pm #14 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:57:58 pm by Ironhawg
Sorry.  Last season sucked all the blind belief right out of me.  I'll start to believe when I start to see something to make me believe.

The NewEra

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 25, 2014, 11:45:59 pm
Sorry.  Last season sucked all the blind loyalty right out of me.  I'll start to believe when I start to see something to make me believe.

That's cool if thats going to be your approach. I hope you have the decency to judge this team on their own merit and not hold them accountable for last years defencies. After all, this is a new year and a brand new beginning. Last year is in the past.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I believe we are lucky to have Jim Chaney, Pitman and Shannon.

I believe in Brandon Allen and in ALL of the rest of our players.  I believe they have what it takes.

Honestly, that's about as far as I can go right now, but progress is progress...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

chitwnhog

I believe we are undefeated and will stand by that until I am proven wrong.

Phil D

I believe we have a hungry team with a bad taste in their mouths after the last 2 years. Can't wait to cheer on the 2014 version of the hogs. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

I believe I'll cheer for the Razorbacks regardless, I've just misplaced my rose colored glasses.

"Ain't seen no sunshine since she's gone, only dark sky's up above, no no sunshine since she's gone and this house ain't no home, anytime she goes away."

DeltaBoy

HOGS go Bowling this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bebop

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 25, 2014, 11:45:59 pm
Sorry.  Last season sucked all the blind belief right out of me.  I'll start to believe when I start to see something to make me believe.

I'm in line with your thinking. I think it will turn around but I need to see it. We need to make a bowl game.

Torqued pork

I believe in a month the annual summer TV sports he!! will be over.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The NewEra on July 26, 2014, 12:00:17 am
That's cool if thats going to be your approach. I hope you have the decency to judge this team on their own merit and not hold them accountable for last years defencies. After all, this is a new year and a brand new beginning. Last year is in the past.

Let me be clear about why I say I am going to have to see to believe.  The last two years I went into each season with lowered expectations and the team managed to fall below those expectations both times.  Even though I knew last season would be rough due to the coaching change and the massive shift in offensive and defensive philosophies, I was shocked by Arkansas being winless in the SEC.  This season we have new defensive coaches and new parts on both sides of the ball.  None of these new parts are game-tested.  BA is supposed to be healed and improved, but has not been game-tested yet.  I want them all to have success, but there are too many unproven pieces to just blindly believe.

FrozenHam

If you knew that hope and despair were paths to the same destination, which would you choose? ~Robert Brault

I believe!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 26, 2014, 10:31:43 am
Let me be clear about why I say I am going to have to see to believe.  The last two years I went into each season with lowered expectations and the team managed to fall below those expectations both times.  Even though I knew last season would be rough due to the coaching change and the massive shift in offensive and defensive philosophies, I was shocked by Arkansas being winless in the SEC.  This season we have new defensive coaches and new parts on both sides of the ball.  None of these new parts are game-tested.  BA is supposed to be healed and improved, but has not been game-tested yet.  I want them all to have success, but there are too many unproven pieces to just blindly believe.

That is just about were everyone should be.  These blind squirrel sunshine pumpes that crucify anybody that is not with them are irritating sometimes. 

I WILL ROOT FOR THE RAZORBACKS REGARDLESS!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: FrozenHam on July 26, 2014, 10:36:05 am
If you knew that hope and despair were paths to the same destination, which would you choose? ~Robert Brault

I believe!

Or would you continue to invest your soul into something that doesn't have a guarenteed reward.  The only thing I'm willing to invest that much belief in is My Savior. 

In the end I will pull for the Hogs just as hard as anyone, don't need to stake my soul on it.

Swinesong

I believe that the " stoning of poll takers " should be legalized. And by " stoning " I mean chunking rocks at! Not legalizing pot! On the other hand, if pot was legal, poll's wouldn't bother me so much.

ICEman

I believe that we should commit ourselves to safely landing the Razorback Football Team to a National Championship by the end of the decade and then returning them home to a heroes welcome.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Paul

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Paul on July 26, 2014, 11:05:29 am
I believe in miracles

Well there you go...a reason for us all to believe!

Torqued pork

I believe some of the July believers will be calling other July believers delusional morons in December if we end with another losing record and real disappointment is expressed.

The NewEra

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 26, 2014, 10:31:43 am

I hope it doesn't take but one game (The Auburn Game) to make you feel comfortable with being optimistic with this teams potential this year.  Wouldn't it be great to have high anticipation from the entire Hogville forum early this season?  Here's to hoping we have something special to root for this year, because like so many others, it hurts me to not have our Hogs racking up wins.

Ironhawg

July 26, 2014, 04:08:04 pm #33 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:35:53 pm by Ironhawg
Quote from: The NewEra on July 26, 2014, 11:59:46 am
I hope it doesn't take but one game (The Auburn Game) to make you feel comfortable with being optimistic with this teams potential this year.  Wouldn't it be great to have high anticipation from the entire Hogville forum early this season?  Here's to hoping we have something special to root for this year, because like so many others, it hurts me to not have our Hogs racking up wins.

Agreed.  I went to my first Razorback football game in Little Rock with my grandfather in 1971 and was hooked.  Last season was like having a root canal with no anesthesia every Saturday.  I want so badly for the Hogs to start winning again and as hard as I try to be an optimist, deep down, at least as far as Hog football is concerned, I have become a pessimist.  I want Brandon Allen to have a breakout season, but he hasn't faced game conditions since last season when his shoulder was jacked up.  On top of that his initial performance in the spring game wasn't exactly awe-inspiring.  I want the defense to be MUCH improved over last season, but I haven't seen the product of the this new defensive staff under game conditions, so I have nothing on which to base increased belief.  I want the new receivers to catch the balls thrown to them, but I haven't seen them do so in game conditions.  I want to believe the offensive philosophy will be a clock-chewing, touchdown-producing, mesmerizing mixture of efficient passing game and a bone-jarring running game, but I haven't seen it in a game yet. 
I am sick to death of watching Aggies (:puke:) and Missouri (:puke:)and Auburn (:puke:) and EVERYBODY ELSE winning.  I want some of that for my Hogs.

lumphog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on July 25, 2014, 10:57:27 pm
I believe .... sometimes you have to wreck your truck to get the insurance money to make the truck payment. - Larry the Cable Guy

But I do believe we will have a better year.
Well,.....We've been through the wreck & we're waitin on the check  ;) GO  :razorback: GO

Dirty

SweetSassyMolassy

I believe that we will win!!

Some of the games!!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Always have and always will.

I will Never Yield!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

bigbadhog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 26, 2014, 10:37:59 am
That is just about were everyone should be.  These blind squirrel sunshine pumpes that crucify anybody that is not with them are irritating sometimes. 

I WILL ROOT FOR THE RAZORBACKS REGARDLESS!!!

Well said...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

ChitownHawg

"Do you believe?" Believe in what?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgzinbowlz

The Coaches
+The Players
+A Little Blind Faith

After August 30, I'll Know If We're Headed In The Right Direction.

" GO HOGS "

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 26, 2014, 06:01:11 pm
  The Coaches
+The Players
+A Little Blind Faith

After August 30, I'll Know If We're Headed In The Right Direction.

" GO HOGS "

I can believe in this.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

lumphog

SemperFi

I had a very detailed dream last night about the Auburn game that when I woke up this morning I was feeling really optimistic about this season. In my dream Auburn was having success moving the ball their first two possessions of the game and the Hogs were just sort of stagnant, although we had the better field position. During Auburn's third possession Arkansas' defense came to life penning the tigers deep in their own territory. A short punt and a few plays later the Hogs are up 7-0. This is when the defense that was so maligned last season just starting dominating the game and after a sack and fumble recovery in the end zone the Hogs were up 21-0 at the half and that's when I woke up. I know that it was just a dream, but isn't this thread about believing? Well, I do in fact believe that the Hogs will beat Auburn in game one and will be bowl eligible in 2014. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hogninja

I believe that we will be one of the teams that NOBODY wants to play, due to our physical nature.  We WILL beat some people up, win or lose. :razorback:

Hawg_Thai'd

I believe we will see our Hogs punching our opponents in the mouth all the way down the field and we will wear them out.

I believe we will see BA be much more effective and this will be due to a variety of reasons, which all can be traced back up to the OC looking at film and making adjustments.

I believe we will see more catches and movement of the chains due to this. I think JRed will come in and be a good receiver for us. While all eyes are on JoJo, expect big things from Cornelius.

I believe that since our receivers will be better, our RB's will be gaining more yards per carry. Our OL will be punching the defense in the mouth and we will march down the field. We will not stop at the 1 yard line. We will cross that line.

I believe that JoJo, if he puts in the work, can be a great return man like we had with Adams. Special teams is important and we need this guy to be good here.

I believe all these things will add up and cause a bunch of Hog fans to be impressed with the direction we are headed. Have faith. Better days are ahead. #WPS!!!!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

PurpleBullHog

... In a thing called love?  No. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: PurpleBullHog on July 27, 2014, 12:38:44 am
... In a thing called love?  No.

I believe we do love The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on July 27, 2014, 12:30:02 am
I believe we will see our Hogs punching our opponents in the mouth all the way down the field and we will wear them out.

I believe we will see BA be much more effective and this will be due to a variety of reasons, which all can be traced back up to the OC looking at film and making adjustments.

I believe we will see more catches and movement of the chains due to this. I think JRed will come in and be a good receiver for us. While all eyes are on JoJo, expect big things from Cornelius.

I believe that since our receivers will be better, our RB's will be gaining more yards per carry. Our OL will be punching the defense in the mouth and we will march down the field. We will not stop at the 1 yard line. We will cross that line.

I believe that JoJo, if he puts in the work, can be a great return man like we had with Adams. Special teams is important and we need this guy to be good here.

I believe all these things will add up and cause a bunch of Hog fans to be impressed with the direction we are headed. Have faith. Better days are ahead. #WPS!!!!

Preach it brother!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I Believe that as long as we continue to have big $$ and big egos and home cookin' politics tugging at our program with a Teflon Politician conducting the circus while a large population of the fans refuse to accept that our program has become a well played Ponzi Scheme and proceed to guzzle the koolaid............That we'll be consistently mediocre with no hope for an SECC.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?