Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive Coordinator Question

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, July 25, 2014, 02:51:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 27, 2014, 09:49:30 am
I don't care if it's the dc or another defensive coach, but I want a muschamp type defensive coach on the sidelines. Someone to get excited with the kids. Meet them out on the field jumping around with them after a big play. But also chew their ass a little when they mess up. Motivation through excitement

That's what I said!

Well it was what I meant anyway. lol!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2014, 09:28:31 am
You mean you come up with your shtick on your own?
[/quot

LOL, those were good!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 27, 2014, 09:25:40 am
When spellcheck starts correcting context the machines will have truly taken over.   :o

No kidding! Sometimes I think they already have...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

VBMark

I thought the usual answer was that whatever the HC was (i.e. a former DC), then that coordinator was in the box and the other one (in this case the OC) would be on the field. Add Shannon to the mix and it makes a lot of sense to me to have Robb in the box.

However, if CBB wants a more organized overall box presence, then he may put RS up there to run the whole pressbox show and leave the OC & DC on the sideline.

Just my two bits...
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

onebadrubi

Quote from: VBMark on July 27, 2014, 11:34:39 pm
I thought the usual answer was that whatever the HC was (i.e. a former DC), then that coordinator was in the box and the other one (in this case the OC) would be on the field. Add Shannon to the mix and it makes a lot of sense to me to have Robb in the box.

However, if CBB wants a more organized overall box presence, then he may put RS up there to run the whole pressbox show and leave the OC & DC on the sideline.

Just my two bits...

Bielema is not a Petrino type involved guy.  Petrino would be on te sideline with wilson or mallett coaching.  You will not see Bielema with a clipboard and coaching it up on the sidelines, he hires his high caliber cordinators to do this.  Shannon I believe has always been a field guy.  So it will be interesting to see how it winds up.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Some of the best young DCs in the conference coach from the sideline.  Muschamp made his bones coaching from the sideline.

Jeremy Pruitt was a FSU hired away by Georgia Top ranked D last year
Kirby Smart at Alabama 4th
Geoff Collins MSU 33rd
Lorenzo Ward USCe 12th
DJ Durkin Florida 15th

Chavis is the only SEC coordinator I can think of off the top of my head that coaches from the box. 21st
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.