Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#bodybyherb

Started by brickhousehog, July 25, 2014, 01:01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg IQ

Quote from: brickhousehog on July 25, 2014, 01:01:16 pm
Uncommon transformation!
Duwop
Could see this guy running a little wildcat at quarterback this fall.
go hogs go !

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

trashcan maN

The guy to the right of JWill looks exactly like Michael Jordan in the 2nd pic

Shorttimer

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on July 26, 2014, 08:28:44 am
I actually thought Small took a step back in his play last year. He was little better as far as a runner/receiver but he wasn't as devastating a blocker in the run game.
I'm glad the Seahawks don't have an astute scouting eye such as you on salary.

The_Iceman

Tyler Colquitt is a scary Fullback!

sowmonella

Looks like Herb has been working with some Hogville members.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogInFlorida

I really think Duwop could be one of our best receivers within 2 years. He's probably the tallest/strongest receiver we have other than Hollister. In every picture of them together, he's looked bigger than Hatcher. And he's got some great athleticism as well. I'm excited for him and super glad he's embraced the WR role.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

VT HOG

#bodybybert would be funny.

AugustaHog

I love how pumped up those guys were for each other.  That doesn't look like a team that is coming off an 0-fer season in the SEC.  I have been really impressed with CBB and staff's job of keeping these guys chins up and looking toward the goal and not in the rearview.  Even after the stretch of whippings we took last season (the 100+-7 vs. Bama/USC in particular), the guys never let up and quit.  If this spirit continues, we will see the turnaround we are hoping for.

The_Iceman

Tevin Mitchel:

Holy cow! Look at his legs.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 29, 2014, 03:18:28 pm
Tevin Mitchel:

Hogville response:  can he play LB?

I've thought he was going to be great for us ever since he flipped his commit from Nebraska (I believe) to us.  He came in and flew around as a freshman, flew into piles and tackles like he wanted to hit someone.  The. His devastating injury and it always seemed he was a step slow after, rightfully so.  Well... Looks like physically he's picked up the muscle to pick up 3 steps!  He should be able to compete with some of the big receivers this year!!!

Amityvillehogger

I just don't want to see another year of him grasping at ankles and holding on for the ride while the opponent drags him 5 yards.... Or he completely whiffs all together.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ricepig

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on July 29, 2014, 05:40:44 pm
I just don't want to see another year of him grasping at ankles and holding on for the ride while the opponent drags him 5 yards.... Or he completely whiffs all together.

Hopefully that's improved.

WashUhog6

That picture of Tevin Mitchel is great. We have an extremely good strength and conditioning program now, and the proof is in these pictures.

MissippHog

Damn Tevin's legs are huge.  He's always had that bobblehead look to me on the field.  No way that he'll look that way this season. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: MissippHog on July 29, 2014, 11:46:54 pm
Damn Tevin's legs are huge.  He's always had that bobblehead look to me on the field.  No way that he'll look that way this season.

His legs and midsection are stacked!

DOGALUM

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 30, 2014, 12:04:38 am
His legs and midsection are stacked!
Remember David Barrett's quads?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

1highhog

Man, I know Coach Herb would kill me, especially at my age and bad back, but I'd give anything if I could work out with the team and go through his conditioning program for a year if I could see results like that.

Big Papa Satan

For some reason, the term "Deckerize" keeps coming to mind.

redswarmrising

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 29, 2014, 05:38:59 pm

I've thought he was going to be great for us ever since he flipped his commit from Nebraska (I believe) to us.  He came in and flew around as a freshman, flew into piles and tackles like he wanted to hit someone.  The. His devastating injury and it always seemed he was a step slow after, rightfully so.  Well... Looks like physically he's picked up the muscle to pick up 3 steps!  He should be able to compete with some of the big receivers this year!!!

i think one thing that effected Tevin last season was when he became a dad just before the season started.i think his new born son was on his mind the whole time and it effected his play on the field

The_Iceman

Quote from: redswarmrising on July 30, 2014, 12:40:59 am

i think one thing that effected Tevin last season was when he became a dad just before the season started.i think his new born son was on his mind the whole time and it effected his play on the field

Especially with his previous injury, he had to be concerned about getting badly hurt.

kimjongsqUeAl

Wow that's amazing.  Now if they could just score more points than the other team....
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

PonderinHog

When did they start putting thigh pads under the skin ???

Jek Tono Porkins

I remember watching a video interviewing Coach Herb and he said that the first thing they focus on is lower body strength. That seems to be the case with these before/after photos.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: brickhousehog on July 25, 2014, 01:01:16 pm
Uncommon transformation!
Duwop
still think this kid needs a look at QB...again, its just a very humble opinion, so no need to go full retard on a response
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

al_pigcino

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 30, 2014, 08:43:30 am
still think this kid needs a look at QB...again, its just a very humble opinion, so no need to go full retard on a response
I think that is a good assessment.  In fact, most of hogville is correct when "____ should be moved to ____ position".  The catch 22 of having all around athletes is designing where to put them.  People like Duwop will thrive where you put them.  Unfortunately we haven't had the chance to let them develop in a certain position

PonderinHog

That's Tevin in the pic, not Damon.  (Never go full retard!)

Ironhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 29, 2014, 05:38:59 pm

That transformation is just amazing!  His quads are unreal and he has added a lot of thickness to his chest, back and shoulders.

jb11

I just wish they were flexing the same in the before and after to truely gauge their gains.  Some look like a before and after informercial picks.

hogwild210

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 29, 2014, 03:18:28 pm
Tevin Mitchel:

As a strength coach myself I've seen my fair share of impressive transformations. This is fantastic.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 25, 2014, 07:40:27 pm
Smart dude! Love how he set up Nkemdiche to draw the penalty.

You can see the basketball background on that flop.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: The NewEra on July 25, 2014, 10:42:42 pm
I'm hoping for big things for this young man this year.

He's a sleeper to have an unexpected impact.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bennyl08

The physical side was never what kept him from playing time there, fwiw.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

jabohog

Quote from: 1highhog on July 30, 2014, 12:12:38 am
Man, I know Coach Herb would kill me, especially at my age and bad back, but I'd give anything if I could work out with the team and go through his conditioning program for a year if I could see results like that.
I would just like to have a copy of his diet regime.

luke hawg

What in the hell were are previous S&C coaches doing. Seriously, I mean coach Herb is great but it kind of appears previous coaches didn't educate on nutrition and the importance of training your lower body.

Hogfly

Quote from: luke hawg on July 30, 2014, 07:54:13 pm
What in the hell were are previous S&C coaches doing. Seriously, I mean coach Herb is great but it kind of appears previous coaches didn't educate on nutrition and the importance of training your lower body.

There's a difference between educating them and getting them to buy in and practice what is preached. Herb seems to really have a knack for motivating them.

hawgaddict

I know I will probably get some hate from this post. But in my opinion I do not see big gains with Alex Collins in those pics especially standing next to the rest of our RB's. He kinda looks like he has a little gut. Don't get me wrong, I love watching AC play but it looks like he might need to stay on top of his diet and hopefully that is not due to a poor work ethic cause I'm hoping for big things from him this year but would not be surprised if KM ends up getting more or as many carries as AC. And I may be wrong again but I think that is Korlis standing next to JWill and not Evans. Please correct me if Im wrong if that is not Korlis and also let me know what y'all think about Alex's gains or lack of compared to the rest of our backs.

hogs25

Very impressed.  Keep it up hogs

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: hogwild210 on July 30, 2014, 01:30:02 pm
As a strength coach myself I've seen my fair share of impressive transformations. This is fantastic.

I sent this to my friends and one of them said he didn't look any different   ::)
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Laughing Hog

Quote from: HamHands on July 25, 2014, 08:51:57 pm
Skipper went from boy to man!

+1 for fair tax... you get it!
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgaddict on July 30, 2014, 09:11:03 pm
I know I will probably get some hate from this post. But in my opinion I do not see big gains with Alex Collins in those pics especially standing next to the rest of our RB's. He kinda looks like he has a little gut. Don't get me wrong, I love watching AC play but it looks like he might need to stay on top of his diet and hopefully that is not due to a poor work ethic cause I'm hoping for big things from him this year but would not be surprised if KM ends up getting more or as many carries as AC. And I may be wrong again but I think that is Korlis standing next to JWill and not Evans. Please correct me if Im wrong if that is not Korlis and also let me know what y'all think about Alex's gains or lack of compared to the rest of our backs.

I think there was no before pic to compare to, so you're talking out your arse. That's what I think, since you asked. And yes, you're wrong. That's not Marshall.

The Boar War

I don't care if AC has shredded abs as long as he has the core power and speed.  To me it doesn't look like a gut.  It just looks like he has a thick core.   It definitely doesn't look like he's been hanging out at the buffets.  And if he's been skipping workouts we'll know it, because he won't be playing.

And that's definitely Denzell Evans.

hawgaddict

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 30, 2014, 09:41:20 pm
I think there was no before pic to compare to, so you're talking out your arse. That's what I think, since you asked. And yes, you're wrong. That's not Marshall.

Just making an observation and stating my opinion porky.. Don't think that makes me talking out of my "arse". But thanks for correcting me anyway, I was curious to see the changes in KM.

Hogfly

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on July 30, 2014, 09:24:06 pm
I sent this to my friends and one of them said he didn't look any different   ::)

Yeah. I went a few rounds on that pic with some folks as well who claimed you couldn't see his thighs in before pic and he was flexing in after pic. Long shorts or not, flexing or not; there is some serious mass gained in his legs in that second pic.

By the way: ran into Coach Herbert at the grocery store and complimented him on his work here a while back. Which grocery you ask? Ozark Natural Foods. Dude practices what he preaches: clean eating.

1highhog

Collins looks like a good slim RB should, I don't see the gut as you say, in fact he probably has less than just about all of the rest.  They wanted him to lose some this year, looks as though he did.  I personally think he could use some more muscle in his calves, looks like he's got DMacs legs, which if memory serves, wasn't a bad set of legs.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 30, 2014, 09:01:02 am
That's Tevin in the pic, not Damon.  (Never go full retard!)

Yeah don't go full retard huh?  You should have looked further back in the thread, or looked at the quote he quoted, which was other further back in regards to duwop.  Full retard comes back to bite you in the azz sometimes too

Source: First post of this thread.

hawgaddict

Quote from: 1highhog on July 30, 2014, 10:53:15 pm
Collins looks like a good slim RB should, I don't see the gut as you say, in fact he probably has less than just about all of the rest.  They wanted him to lose some this year, looks as though he did.  I personally think he could use some more muscle in his calves, looks like he's got DMacs legs, which if memory serves, wasn't a bad set of legs.

Thanks for your observations, I noticed after I looked at the pic a few more times. It might have looked like a little belly due to the shadow and angle of the picture. But I think what Herb is transforming these athletes into in the short amount of time he has them is unreal. If it keeps up, we will have the best looking group of athletes physically Ive seen on the hill in a very long time, possibly ever. Herb is by far the most impressive strength coach I think we have ever had on campus.

bennyl08

Quote from: Hogfly on July 30, 2014, 08:44:40 pm
There's a difference between educating them and getting them to buy in and practice what is preached. Herb seems to really have a knack for motivating them.

Yeah, when people posted praising Herbert upon signing, I felt a strange sense of deja vu. People saying finally we have somebody who cares about nutrition etc... While I don't care to do so again, I researched some articles and quotes from Veltkamp basically stating the same things we've heard from Veltkamp. Plus, everyone was talking about what a huge jump we had from whoever did it under Nutt to the Veltkamp when V was first hired. I imagine that is still true. However, Herbert does appear to be better than Veltkamp was as well. That said, the two also had different goals in mind.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse