Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

700 Lb Hogs

Started by HogWildBison2011, July 24, 2014, 09:18:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogWildBison2011

Patrick Arinze (FB), DeMarcus Hodge (DT), and Johnathan McClure (OG).. All squatted 700 Lbs today, here is the video.

http://vimeo.com/101675995

PorkRinds

That was frickin epic. Arinze impresses me the most!

The Boar War

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 24, 2014, 09:23:05 pm
That was frickin epic. Arinze impresses me the most!
Can't wait to see some of that power going into some LBs this season! He made it look easy.

COCHISE

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on July 24, 2014, 09:25:28 pm
Can't wait to see some of that power going into some LBs this season! He made it look easy.
A 250+ lb FB squatting 700 lbs is freaking awesome.

Cartoon Man

Starting to pay off in the weight room.  Can't wait to see it on the field.

Uncommon

Quote from: Cartoon Man on July 24, 2014, 09:27:27 pm
Starting to pay off in the weight room.  Can't wait to see it on the field.
Paying off in the classroom and off the field (no arrests) as well. *Knocks on wood*  This is a hungry, focused team.  Think we'll be making bowl trip plans in December.

Squints Pallaboarus

Holy shizzz! A fullback squatting 700lbs!

RazorBassin

CaseyHawgDog

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne

ICEman

Quote from: Squints Pallaboarus on July 24, 2014, 09:49:03 pm
Holy shizzz! A fullback squatting 700lbs!
Maybe he can crack a few face masks this season a la Kiero Small.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Razor6

Annihilate Auburn!!!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

ldfergu

That was awesome. Anyone know why McClure hasn't played much since he's been here??

Razor6

All these videos are getting my blood going.

Flip the script.  Now this!

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 24, 2014, 10:31:45 pm
That was awesome. Anyone know why McClure hasn't played much since he's been here??
Completely going off what I've heard, I believe he had some footwork issues & just wasn't as fluid in his movement as the other guys. I hope he gets some PT this season. I'd hate for him to transfer here and spend the rest of his eligibility on 3rd team.

Razor6

Third time watching it...  The enthusiasm of the team is infectious!!

Broadway Rob

My blood just started boiling! Power and focus.  Flat out ready.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

jgphillips3

July 25, 2014, 12:03:38 am #17 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:46:42 am by jgphillips3
The way I see it, there are two ways for a team that doesn't have all blue chips to move to elite level.  One, you can have a truly innovative offense as we saw with Petrino, A&M or Auburn to name a few examples.  The other is to get hungry guys and build your team for trench warfare.  You can take 3 and 4 star linemen, coach them at elite level, build depth and compete.  Obviously we saw Petrino succeed and if Pittman and Segrest have their way, I think we can compete with less than elite classes.  It's just harder to do it this way, but it will be fun to hit Bama and LSU in the mouth in a few years when our lines are fully matured.

pigture perfect

That is really empressive. I wonder how many other SEC teams have at least three 700 lb squatters.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorbackfanatic

That was frickin awesome!! Definitely pumped up!!! And I loved to see Alex Collins jumping around in the back ground and all the other guys! This team is hungry and the chemistry looks amazing! I can't wait for this season to start!!! Woooooo Pig Sooie!!!!!

HogInFlorida

LOL Dan Skipper makes JWill look like a midget
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

arkfan81

Quote from: Razor6 on July 24, 2014, 10:41:12 pm
Third time watching it...  The enthusiasm of the team is infectious!!

this...love to see the other guys just as pumped...
Have faith...

sickboy

Quote from: Razor6 on July 24, 2014, 10:33:34 pm
All these videos are getting my blood going.

Flip the script.  Now this!

ChitownHawg

July 25, 2014, 04:20:02 am #23 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:32:32 pm by ChitownHawg
Quote from: razorbackfanatic on July 25, 2014, 12:53:31 am
That was frickin awesome!! Definitely pumped up!!! And I loved to see Alex Collins jumping around in the back ground and all the other guys! This team is hungry and the chemistry looks amazing! I can't wait for this season to start!!! Woooooo Pig Sooie!!!!!

Because now Alex knows who is going to be leading him through the hole.  :D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgzinbowlz

Results from a lot of invested time and effort.

When we're in the trench's and it's time to go, we're building something that will get it done.

" GO HOGS "

twistitup

Sweet, now let's go win some games
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hoggish1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 25, 2014, 12:03:38 am
The way I see it, there are two ways for a team that doesn't have all blue chips to move to elite level.  One, you can have a truly innovative offense as we saw with Petrino, A&M or Auburn to name a few examples.  The other is to get hungry guys and build your team for trench warfare.  You can take 3 and 4 star linemen, coach them at elite level, build depth and compete.  Obviously we saw Petrino succeed and if Pittman and Segrest have their way, I think we can compete with less than elite classes.  It's just harder to do it this way, but it will be fun to hit Bama and LSU in the mouth in a few years when our lines are fully matured.

Right.  But, guess what, we are recruiting at an elite level, too.  The 2014 class is on track to crack the top ten...

hall6769

From what i seen on IG about the videos they had the squat rack set up  on the 1 yd line.  Sounds like they are teaching the boys to finish!

hall6769

Frank Ragnow did 575 and did it easy.  Big Skipper did over 500lbs.  How many 6'10 men do you see squatting over 500 lbs... These boys are putting in some work.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: hall6769 on July 25, 2014, 07:58:09 am
Frank Ragnow did 575 and did it easy.  Big Skipper did over 500lbs.  How many 6'10 men do you see squatting over 500 lbs... These boys are putting in some work.
Where'd you see this?  I've only seen about the 3 that hit 700.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Piggfoot

Awesome!! The enthusiasm brought a tear to my eye. Go Hogs!!
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Squints Pallaboarus

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 25, 2014, 08:06:23 am
Where'd you see this?  I've only seen about the 3 that hit 700.

Here is the 18 YEAR OLD Frank 

http://instagram.com/p/q279wPsLsL/

Piggfoot

Ragnow is going to be a huge force I'm pumped!!
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Kenny Hawgins

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Squints Pallaboarus on July 25, 2014, 08:21:12 am
Here is the 18 YEAR OLD Frank 

http://instagram.com/p/q279wPsLsL/
Mr Ragnow is gonna be a stud!!!  I cannot wait to see this line take shape over the next couple of years!

Kenny Hawgins

Ragnow could have gone higher; I'm glad that Herbert didn't let him yet.  Very smart.

BigD94

JWill was going 425lb 1 leg squats as well. Super impressive.
WOO PIG!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: BigD94 on July 25, 2014, 08:29:30 am
JWill was going 425lb 1 leg squats as well. Super impressive.
Huh?  Is there a video of this?

BigD94

There is not a video but a picture on his instagram saying " Single leg squatted 425 today #lightweight"

[attachment deleted by admin]
WOO PIG!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: BigD94 on July 25, 2014, 08:36:27 am
There is not a video but a picture on his instagram saying " Single leg squatted 425 today #lightweight"

Thank you.  Not sure about the rationale for maxing out on lunges.

Hawgzinbowlz

JWILL is a Force !

...Then AC...

...Then KM...

...Behind PA and His 700 pound push.

" GO HOGS "

Nosboar Accubond

Very impressive...  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

PonderinHog

Get Ready, Part II   :razorback:

Country Stylz

We look hungry? I like that. I like it alot.

Hogfly

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 25, 2014, 08:42:21 am

I think that's a Bulgarian Split Squat. I know some people who have back issues and use these as a way of building leg strength without putting the crazy load of a traditional squat on their back.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ICEman on July 24, 2014, 10:27:14 pm
Maybe he can crack a few face masks this season a la Kiero Small.
Along with a few (opponent's) shoulder pads and helmets.

secneahog

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 25, 2014, 08:42:21 am

Coach Herbert..................... :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Glad to see the hard work is paying off for these guys. I like seeing HH right up there congratulating Frank first. Leader.

I like it.

:razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: Hogfly on July 25, 2014, 09:49:15 am
I think that's a Bulgarian Split Squat. I know some people who have back issues and use these as a way of building leg strength without putting the crazy load of a traditional squat on their back.

Ya I got a tour of the new facilities a while ago, and the tour guide was a kid on the recruiting staff.  He mentioned that Jwill does not do traditional squats due to his neck or back, but is killing it on one legged squats.  They had a cool little station that just he uses.

mhsbc59

My final Max's in College i was a 6 foot 290 pound guard at Belhaven University now then Belhaven College NAIA 4 year school

Bench 385
Squat 650
Power cling 310
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011