Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NOT Hogs related, but still a bit of a "Stand back and LAUGH at Texas" moment

Started by Doug, July 24, 2014, 04:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

I'll get this moved into General Sports later, however, this was too much of an EPIC screwup by Texas to where even Fox Sports Southwest noticed it.

The problem?  So did some Sooners fans.

Texas typos on Athletics Site URL on every page of their 2014 CFB Media Guide - Web address listed as "TexsaSports.com". Look closely at the domain shown.

And as indicated, the Sooners Fanbase noticed it: http://TexsaSports.com (Domain registered TODAY)

Since Fox Sports pulled their link, here's others with similar stories.
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/07/24/texas-longhorns-football-media-guide-misspelled-texas
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2140449-spelling-mistake-in-texas-media-guide-allows-oklahoma-fans-to-troll-longhorns
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/24/5934919/texas-misspelled-texas-on-every-page-of-its-media-guide
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/texas-media-guide-published-with-recurring-typo/
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Inhogswetrust

That's funny! Maybe they did it that way so an aggie could read it.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WizardofhOgZ

Shoot . . . they took the link down already.

Quote from: Doug on July 24, 2014, 04:57:27 pm
I'll get this moved into General Sports later, however, this was too much of an EPIC screwup by Texas to where even Fox Sports Southwest noticed it.

The problem?  So did some Sooners fans.

Texas typos on Athletics Site URL on every page of their 2014 CFB Media Guide - Web address listed as "TexsaSports.com". Look closely at the domain shown.

And as indicated, the Sooners Fanbase noticed it: http://TexsaSports.com (Domain registered TODAY)

Augustus

Awesome!!!  ;D  ::hornsdown::

But, bad form for Fox Sports to take the link down already.

Edit:  Doug, this is exactly why I (personally) would like a "share with twitter/facebook" button or functionality. (Not to tell you how to run the site  ;) )

Doug

Quote from: WizardofhOgZShoot . . . they took the link down already.
Thanks for the heads up. Modified my original post to include four others. :)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Inhogswetrust

I have to admit that buying the domain name was a stroke of genius even for a cheating sooner!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Doug

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLEI hate Texas and Texsa
Fixed that for ya. ;)
--Doug

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogcard1964

SemperFi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 24, 2014, 05:35:56 pm
That's funny! Maybe they did it that way so an aggie could read it.............................

Aggies can read?  ;)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SemperFi on July 24, 2014, 08:27:13 pm
Aggies can read?  ;)

First grade level at best.................................and that's only the top 10%.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WizardofhOgZ

Even as we read this thread, someone is printing up zillions of "Texsa Sucks" (et al) T-shirts.  They will be seen in stadiums all across the Big 12 this season.

Would have been able to sell tens of thousands of them to Hog and Aggie fans - IF we played them this year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on July 25, 2014, 12:14:39 pm
Even as we read this thread, someone is printing up zillions of "Texsa Sucks" (et al) T-shirts.  They will be seen in stadiums all across the Big 12 this season.

Would have been able to sell tens of thousands of them to Hog and Aggie fans - IF we played them this year.

Maybe those shirts should read "tejsa sukcs".

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

PonderinHog

HogimusMaximus

Jamie Jones

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Laughing Hog

Quote from: razorbackkid on July 25, 2014, 10:55:23 am
Hating on Texsa is an Arkansan's birthright.

I'm with ya on that one......... and my bro-n-law is short horn. I get sick at least once during each Christmas seeing that orange crap.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

I think we should default the spelling on HV of Texas to Texsa for a year to honor them, except in the case of Texass.