Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Wide Receivers in the SEC West since 1992

Started by coastalrazorback, July 24, 2014, 12:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalrazorback

247 is continuing their "best of division" series and another former Hog has made their list. This time Jarius Wright made the top 5 coming in at #3.

"3. Jarius Wright, Arkansas, 2008-11: Wright left Arkansas as the school's career record holder with 168 receptions and 2,934 receiving yards. His yardage total is good for No. 6 all-time in the SEC. His 24 career receiving touchdowns ranked as the second-highest total in school history, and tied for 15th all-time in the SEC. His nine career 100-yard receiving games was tied for the second-highest total in program history. As a senior, Wright was named all-SEC after breaking school records for receptions in a season with 66, receiving yards with 1,117 and receiving touchdowns (12) despite missing one game. Wright did all this while playing with two other receivers who were selected along with him in the 2012 NFL draft."

The rest of the list: 1. Josh Reed, LSU 2. Julio Jones, Bama 4. DJ Hall, Bama 5. Mike Evans, A&M

http://247sports.com/Article/The-best-wide-receivers-to-play-in-the-SEC-West-since-1992-29803106

coastalrazorback

HeismanHawg

Mcfadden was one of the best ever. Not only in the SEC but in college football history.

rusvegashog

That's so awsome for Jarius. We should be very very proud of that cat.  I wonder if Joe Adams will get a chance in the NFL this year?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: rusvegashog on July 24, 2014, 08:45:10 pm
That's so awsome for Jarius. We should be very very proud of that cat.  I wonder if Joe Adams will get a chance in the NFL this year?

He got cut earlier this year in Canada.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7500/joe-adams

bennyl08

Joe Adam's lack of success has taught me a lot. He had some drop and fumble issues, but with the ball in his hands, he is just as dangerous as any player I have ever seen. Jarius, however, was always very consistent, with sure hands and a crisp route runner. Hence, he is still in the NFL. It's a shame what injuries did to Childs.

Anthony Lucas was on the runner up for WR's as well. I have to say, as far as physical talent, Monk should have made that list and Julio would rank #1.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rusvegashog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 24, 2014, 08:50:14 pm
He got cut earlier this year in Canada.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7500/joe-adams
My dad gum phone won't pull up that article. I didn't know anything about Canada I was under the assumption he was still w the Panthers on the practice squad. Dude is Dante Hall part 2 in my opinion. Way too talented not to be playing somewhere.

rusvegashog

Ok I read it. Harsh. Joe Adams is a gamer and simply one of the most exciting players we have ever had. I watched some old Greg Childs clips the other day him and Monk were both bad bad deals. GC was simply a man among boys when he was healthy.

Russ22

Quote from: HeismanHawg on July 24, 2014, 02:35:01 pm
Mcfadden was one of the best ever. Not only in the SEC but in college football history.
Completely agree with this. Tebow hype cost him a Heisman.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

weresoclose

Chris Gragg is the most underrated Hog pass-catcher in modern history, IMO.  Could catch shoelace stinkers mid-stride and quickly turn upfield.  Loved his size/speed/strength.

EastexHawg

I was thinking about Josh Reed as soon as I read the title of this thread.  I was surprised to see he was rated #1 instead of the much more hyped Julio Jones.  Reed deserved it, though, because he was more productive as a college receiver than Jones.

bennyl08

Quote from: RandomFan on July 30, 2014, 05:52:04 pm
Wrong. Tebow ran for 20 and threw for 20, that's special. Tebow won that Heisman. McFadden got gipped his sophomore year though.

I understand why Tebow won it, but it is getting more into the best player on the best team vs just the best player period. Tebow's avg. td run vs SEC teams was less than 5 yards while Dmac's avg td was 17 point something. Tebow was surrounded by high class players who Tebow could simply distribute the ball to. DMac's best players around him cut into his own stat line.

I'm not saying that Tebow didn't do enough to earn a Heisman trophy, he did. Simply, Dmac did even more IMO. Plus, if you want to go back to his sophomore season, you could argue Ray Rice or Steve Slaton deserved it more than DMac or Troy Smith.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

al_pigcino

I don't see how Mike Evans is not number 1.  Is it because he didn't spend the first season in the SEC?  He single handily won the Heisman for Manziel. 
Play call at ATM "have Manziel run around 9 seconds in the backfield, once he's to the point that any QB in the country would take a 15 yard loss have him throw a prayer straight up in the air into triple coverage.....Evans will catch it"
Hogville post following the play "Kevin Sumlin is a great coach"