Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark Elite Camp updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 24, 2014, 11:25:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Avery Johnson showed he can run and jump. 4.65 is pretty good. Safety or linebacker material. I just like the kid. 9.35 broad jump, is pretty good. Athletic kid.

Whitfield ran a 4.59. Also impressive to me. Bennett was in the 4.7 range, so Whitfield is pretty dang fast at the safety spot.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Boarcephus

Just had a nice visit with Whitfields dad.  I guarantee if that young man is any where near like his father, you want him in your program.  Pure class, plus being 6'3"+ with his speed and agility and a frame that could accomadate 225 or so doesn't hurt either?  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

The Recruiting Guy

secneahog

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 24, 2014, 12:47:46 pm
Just had a nice visit with Whitfields dad.  I guarantee if that young man is any where near like his father, you want him in your program.  Pure class, plus being 6'3"+ with his speed and agility and a frame that could accomadate 225 or so doesn't hurt either?  ;)

I just watched Whitfields hudl highlight video. He is very athletic, very good instincts, has a intensity to his tackles.

6'3 is very nice also.

Did his dad say if he liked Fayetteville yet?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 24, 2014, 12:48:26 pm
More updates
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/24/arkansas-elite-camp-and-visit-updates/

Gallaspy running a 4.50 is very impressive at 220. I need to re watch his highlight video.

24/7 is lighting up right now on predictions. Showing Reed, Whitfield and Kylan Johnson is all Hog.  :razorback:

secneahog

Baron Browing is going to be a stud. 2017 recruit?????

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 01:00:11 pm
Gallaspy running a 4.50 is very impressive at 220. I need to re watch his highlight video.

24/7 is lighting up right now on predictions. Showing Reed, Whitfield and Kylan Johnson is all Hog.  :razorback:

Lots of good talent here and we should get at least a couple commitments.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:08:44 pm
Lots of good talent here and we should get at least a couple commitments.

Nice to see you roaming on here today Tim.

How many safety's do you see us trying to sign?

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 01:09:48 pm
Nice to see you roaming on here today Tim.

How many safety's do you see us trying to sign?

I'm always a big fan of trying to sign an entire class on both sides of the ball each year so that takes you to 22 and then use the remaining 3 spots for the best available player.

My personal guess says we go for 2-3 safeties but I would have no issue if they decided to use 15 or so of our spots on the defensive side of the ball.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:15:48 pm
I'm always a big fan of trying to sign an entire class each year so that takes you to 22 and then use the remaining 3 spots for the best available player.

My personal guess says we go for 2-3 safeties but I would have no issue if they decided to use 15 or so of our spots on the defensive side of the ball.

Gotcha. Right now 3 of the 10 in this class is defensive guys. If we picked up Whitfield and kylan after camp do you see that hurting us wi landing Haughton and Sunderland?

Cinco de Hogo

Is Ft Smith gonna produce more Razorbacks than the LR area?  We need to get them in an arms race!

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 01:20:02 pm
Gotcha. Right now 3 of the 10 in this class is defensive guys. If we picked up Whitfield and kylan after camp do you see that hurting us wi landing Haughton and Sunderland?

I don't know that there is enough of a difference in any of them to turn someone away in hopes of landing one of those other 2.  If we were lucky enough to land the 2 you have listed I would be happy.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:29:16 pm
I don't know that there is enough of a difference in any of them to turn someone away in hopes of landing one of those other 2.  If we were lucky enough to land the 2 you have listed I would be happy.

I feel the same way.

secneahog

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:29:16 pm

Awesome news, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the other two more highly regarded? Don't get me wrong I 100% do not care about rankings, I am of the "if the coaches want them I will trust them more than some writer", but I was just wondering.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Tim Harris

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on July 24, 2014, 01:40:24 pm
Awesome news, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the other two more highly regarded? Don't get me wrong I 100% do not care about rankings, I am of the "if the coaches want them I will trust them more than some writer", but I was just wondering.

I think 247 has them all in that 85-89 range but I could be wrong.

hawgsmellgud

Well just searched them all, and even thought other two have better offers, these two are both just as fast, but with bigger bodies. Now I don't know the first thing about "frames" and "adding good weight" but just going off the numbers on the 247 website I would be just as happy with Johnson and Whitfield as I would with the other two. Plus these two will have a chip on their shoulder to prove that they are better safeties than the "scouts" say.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

NLRHog92

Safe to say Kiondre Thomas would be a lock. Great 40 time, nice height and only a rising junior. He could be a good one!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Huckleberry Pig

thanks for the updates RD.  and agree with Tim, would be totally fine with 15 of our commits this year being on the D side of the ball

hobhog

Probably would have had more vistors if we could have had the only camp going on in the nation during the dead period, like Bama.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 04:06:28 pm
Probably would have had more vistors if we could have had the only camp going on in the nation during the dead period, like Bama.

No we wouldn't have.

ifghog

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 04:06:28 pm
I agree! +1

tophawg19

Reed is the one i want most out of this group . I've watched him for a while and think baring injury , this kid has an NFL career ahead of him. great moves , and speed . could use a few more pounds and a strength program .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 24, 2014, 04:10:18 pm
No we wouldn't have.

Well, truthfully, there no way you know one way or another.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 24, 2014, 04:53:00 pm
Well, truthfully, there no way you know one way or another.

That actually is the truth.

Music City Hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 24, 2014, 04:39:45 pm
Reed is the one i want most out of this group . I've watched him for a while and think baring injury , this kid has an NFL career ahead of him. great moves , and speed . could use a few more pounds and a strength program .

I don't know anything about Reed so this is a serious question, not a smart ass one, but why doesn't he have any other offers?  What's the knock?

Hawgzinbowlz

Reggie Galaspy with a 4.50 40 and at 220 pounds has SEC size and speed at RB.

McTelvin Agim is needed. Coach Herbert can work his magic.

Nehemiah Augustus has difference maker size for a safety. It would be nice to have a 215-220 pound hammer at safety. Coach Smith's territory.

" GO HOGS "

tophawg19

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 24, 2014, 05:06:07 pm
I don't know anything about Reed so this is a serious question, not a smart ass one, but why doesn't he have any other offers?  What's the knock?
i can't find anything except he is a little thin. needs a summer in the weight room . grades were an issue in H/S  but i think that is behind him. Go watch his film and you'll see why i want him to commit.

hobhog

lumphog

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 24, 2014, 05:14:19 pm
i can't find anything except he is a little thin. needs a summer in the weight room . grades were an issue in H/S  but i think that is behind him. Go watch his film and you'll see why i want him to commit.
I'm with you on Reed......Does anyone remember the name of the DB that RD raved about at the last camp ???

tophawg19

i think your talking about Byron Keaton from Camden Fairview , the only one who could cover the Jordan kid from smackover

Wildhog

Looks like Dominique Reed won't be deciding until after the season.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tim Harris

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 24, 2014, 05:06:07 pm

Just my opinion but usually once you have academic issues one time then people will tend to be overly cautious the second time around.  We also always seem to have issues getting JC kids to meet all the requirements.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GalaHawg on July 24, 2014, 12:54:02 pm
Hi Richard - are the 40 times laser or handheld?

We can have

Manual start, manual finish, one stopwatch
Manual start, manual finish, average of several stopwatches
Electronic start, manual finish, one stopwatch ...
All the way down to end-to-end electronic timing

Then we have the start. On a field? On a track? What surface of field/track? Blocks/no blocks? Good sprinting form/clueless? A bazillion variables.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 25, 2014, 08:52:15 am
Looks like Dominique Reed won't be deciding until after the season.

Last I had read said it would be a few weeks, at the minimum.

Country Stylz

Reed waiting on some other offers? His offer non-commitable or something? Look at his other offers.

secneahog

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 25, 2014, 10:10:39 am
Reed waiting on some other offers? His offer non-commitable or something? Look at his other offers.

So you're saying look at his other offers because?.....

pillowhog

I watched the entire camp.  Can't believe nobody is talking about the huntsman kid.  Purdue offered him the day before at their camp.  6-3 220 ran 4.50.  He looked very impressive.  I want that impressed with Storey physically.  Dean and agim are men

Prestworthy

Quote from: pillowhog on July 26, 2014, 09:40:13 am
I watched the entire camp.  Can't believe nobody is talking about the huntsman kid.  Purdue offered him the day before at their camp.  6-3 220 ran 4.50.  He looked very impressive.  I want that impressed with Storey physically.  Dean and agim are men
Scott Huntsman from TX.  He looks the part. http://247sports.com/Player/Scott-Huntsman-61294

Hawg_Thai'd

Anyboy have insight as to what with Deven Hammond? I know he came up but I have not heard anything about him. He really seems to love the Hogs. I know his rating is not real high, but neither was Cantrell at one time.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.