Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevin Love

Started by husker71, July 24, 2014, 11:11:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

Did you see the offer Chicago made for him??  Gibson and Mc Dermott plus that big European guy that is highly rated.  Kornheiser hated the deal because he did not like the spacing of Love, Noah and Gasol.   On paper I would like this front line BUT hope it doesn't happen.  Here is my dilemma   Love has told a lot of people that he really want to play with LeBron    so why doesn't he just say that any team can trade for him, besides the Cavs, but he will only play one year with them and then sign with the Cavs.  Wouldn't that end any team from giving up their future for Kevin Love??

razorfan84

I'm no expert when it comes to this stuff but it would seem like the Bulls getting Love doesn't quite help in the right area.  With Gasol already in place I would think that they need to go after a good PG to back up Rose.  Rose is fantastic as we all know but the health issues the past two has to be a concern for them.  Looking at their roster, if Rose were to continue this trend of missing time they wouldn't have much past Hinrich in the way of perimeter play.  They would have an amazing front line but I'm not sure it is worth the price they would pay for Love.  JMO

The_Iceman

I don't make that deal if I am the Bulls. I think they are slowly building a very tough, competitive roster. Snell and McDurmott really shined in the summer league and look like they will be solid wing players to go along with Butler and Dunleavey. They just need Derrick Rose back at at least 75% of what he was. Then with Gasol, Noah, Gibson, and Mirotic rounding out the front court, they will be scary good team.

Kevin

gasol will come of the bench.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

sickboy

The_Iceman

Quote from: poloprince on July 24, 2014, 11:50:22 am
KL is overrated.

6'10" 250lbs, 26.1 ppg, 12.5 rebs, 4.4 asts, 38% 3-pt, 82% ft.

Not overrated.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 24, 2014, 11:37:41 am
I don't make that deal if I am the Bulls. I think they are slowly building a very tough, competitive roster. Snell and McDurmott really shined in the summer league and look like they will be solid wing players to go along with Butler and Dunleavey. They just need Derrick Rose back at at least 75% of what he was. Then with Gasol, Noah, Gibson, and Mirotic rounding out the front court, they will be scary good team.

^This right here.

Move doesn't make sense to me for the Bulls, they just got Gasol.  With Gasol and Noah they will have arguably the best front court DUO in the league, definitely the best passing front court.  And from what I've seen from McDermont so far in summer league, I wouldn't be so eager to trade him, before it's all said and done he could be a very good player in this league.  Only reasoning I could think for Bulls to do this is to just keep Love away from the Cavs.  But honestly I think they will turn out to be a better team not making this move.

redneckfriend

Love would be a great addition to the Bulls- he gives them that necessary '2nd superstar' player to pair with Rose. When you factor in the defense of Butler and Noah, and the possible scoring of Gasol, they would be the team to beat in the East. In addition it would keep Love off of the Cleveland roster. If he goes to the Cavs they will be odds on favorites to win the East-Love is 25 and James is 29 so they would be a force for at least 4 years.

I'm going to guess that, although Love has made noises about playing with James, he isn't going to turn down a long term deal with Chicago-not if he wants to win. Chicago probably inquired about his willingness to accept a sign and trade or sign a long term contract before they made the offer. That said, I expect Cleveland to do whatever is necessary to get Love and the Bull's offer just ups the ante for the Cavs and forces them to pay a higher price.

If Chicago could acquire Love they shouldn't pass on a player of that quality based on McDermott and Mirotic- McDermott is a player in the Kyle Korver mold with perhaps a few more more scoring options but with the same defensive weaknesses that will keep him off the court most of the time. Mirotic is a smart big around the basket but will have difficulty with the more athletic and physical forwards he will compete against in the NBA. Taj Gibson, the other player offered by the Bulls, would be a loss but the Bulls need Love's scoring ability if they want to play in the finals.

HiggiePiggy

KL is overrated.

I would like to know why you think he is overrated. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

popcornhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 24, 2014, 11:37:41 am

Agree
WPS

Hawghiggs

All I know is that I would not trade Wiggins for Love. Why trade a 19 year old with the potential to be the next big shooting guard for a guy you can get next year for nothing. 

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 24, 2014, 09:59:39 pm
All I know is that I would not trade Wiggins for Love. Why trade a 19 year old with the potential to be the next big shooting guard for a guy you can get next year for nothing.
1. Love is only 25 and is established as a top 10 players
2. Love will be a Laker next summer if he isn't traded to the Cavs where he would sign an extension.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Iceman

Quote from: popcornhog on July 24, 2014, 09:01:44 pm
Agree

For most teams I would say make the deal. If I were Cleveland, I would trade Wiggins, Bennett, and a future 1st....no hesitation. If I were Golden State, I'd even give up Klay Thompson and David Lee. But the Bulls just have a certain philosophy and style that I think the current roster matches great with, and adding Love to the mix doesn't add as much as it does to other teams.

I think Wiggins max potential isn't as high as people think. Some people see him as the next Kobe or Vince Carter, while I think he is more like the next Kawhi Leonard. Nothing wrong with that, he just doesn't have the natural shooting stroke those guys do.

Inhogswetrust

KL is overrated.

You're obviously not an NBA coach. I don't think any of those would seriously say that.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawghiggs

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on July 24, 2014, 10:32:55 pm
1. Love is only 25 and is established as a top 10 players
2. Love will be a Laker next summer if he isn't traded to the Cavs where he would sign an extension.
Even better. Let him go to the Lakers. I still would not trade Wiggins and a bunch of draft picks for him.

latrops

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 24, 2014, 12:29:05 pm

Saying someone is overrated doesn't mean you think they are a bad or ineffective player.  Overrated suggests that perception exceeds reality.  Love hasn't made the Timberwolves very good (I know, can't do it alone).  It is fair to question his defense and wonder how he might perform in the playoffs against elite competition.  Nobody expects him to stink on a better team or in the playoffs, but his assumed playoff success isn't completely warranted, either...at least not in terms of wins and losses.

husker71

Love will not (IMHO) go to the Lakers.  I don't believe that anyone of the very top free agents want to play with Kobe right now.  The problem is Kobe thinks he can still play at his previous level which I don't think he can at least for any long period of time (not saying he cant score 40 in some games) and his cast is terrible.  As long as Jimmy Buss is there that will be a screwed up franchise. I was listening to some show today and they talked about how nobody wants to play with Dwight and to a lesser extent Harden.   Love is at least a top 10 player and has skills that would make him perfect for playing with LBJ.  I love Rose but I am getting that Brandon Roy feeling about him.  He goes so fast and then jump stop is so drastic I don't see how anyones knees could hold up to that.

poloprince

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 24, 2014, 11:54:46 am
6'10" 250lbs, 26.1 ppg, 12.5 rebs, 4.4 asts, 38% 3-pt, 82% ft.

Not overrated.

They great PF's in any era rarely shot 45% from the field in a season, let alone a career. Its about more than stats though, but I thought I' d throw that stat at you.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 24, 2014, 12:29:05 pm

Because he isn't worth two #1 picks and another draft pick is one reason.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: latrops on July 25, 2014, 09:19:23 pm
Saying someone is overrated doesn't mean you think they are a bad or ineffective player.  Overrated suggests that perception exceeds reality.  Love hasn't made the Timberwolves very good (I know, can't do it alone).  It is fair to question his defense and wonder how he might perform in the playoffs against elite competition.  Nobody expects him to stink on a better team or in the playoffs, but his assumed playoff success isn't completely warranted, either...at least not in terms of wins and losses.

You are smart
$PoLoPrInCe$

onebadrubi

Love makes the CavS relevant and a top 2-3 team next year.  Lebron only makes them a top 5-6 team.  The Cavs would like to lock love and Lebron up for 5 years at the end of the season and see 5 finals in the next 6 years.  Wiggins, Bennett, and Co. Will take a couple years to gell, Lebron wants to win immediately.  He doesn't have 5 years to gell, he's in his prime now and 5 years from now will be on the down swing. 

Also I got to think James and Gilbert have a back room commitment on this situation.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: poloprince on July 25, 2014, 10:03:40 pm
Because he isn't worth two #1 picks and another draft pick is one reason.

That depends on who those picks are............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 26, 2014, 07:19:20 am
Love makes the CavS relevant and a top 2-3 team next year.  Lebron only makes them a top 5-6 team.  The Cavs would like to lock love and Lebron up for 5 years at the end of the season and see 5 finals in the next 6 years.  Wiggins, Bennett, and Co. Will take a couple years to gell, Lebron wants to win immediately.  He doesn't have 5 years to gell, he's in his prime now and 5 years from now will be on the down swing. 

Also I got to think James and Gilbert have a back room commitment on this situation.

Cavs with Lebron pretty much make them the favorite in the eastern conference.  There might be 2 teams in the west that are better, but the eastern conference sucks. 

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: poloprince on July 25, 2014, 10:00:19 pm
They great PF's in any era rarely shot 45% from the field in a season, let alone a career. Its about more than stats though, but I thought I' d throw that stat at you.
The great PF's in any area haven't had the balls or ability to shoot long range like Love.
ched come back pls

Hawghiggs

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 26, 2014, 07:19:20 am

Why would Gilbert do anything for Lebron? Lebron  has stabbed him in the back before. The"King" needs to be told no.  As in I will not sacrifice the next 10-15 seasons just to make Lebron happy.

HiggiePiggy

If Lebron wants to go down as the greatest cav ever and be the home town hero then Lebron would need to do anything he can to get some more good players around him.   If he wins championships at Cleveland then he would become a legend in Ohio.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 26, 2014, 12:23:01 pm
Why would Gilbert do anything for Lebron? Lebron  has stabbed him in the back before. The"King" needs to be told no.  As in I will not sacrifice the next 10-15 seasons just to make Lebron happy.

You're wrong.  Just flat out wrong and incorrect.  Handle it this way and you will be in the clippers/Twolves/current laker situations. 

Hawghiggs

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 26, 2014, 01:53:23 pm
You're wrong.  Just flat out wrong and incorrect.  Handle it this way and you will be in the clippers/Twolves/current laker situations. 
No I will not.  What I will be is a team with depth. The Cavs have 21 million in cap space, a handful of 1st round draft picks over the next few seasons and last years #1 pick to trade. Trading for Love will get you a good team for 3 or 4 seasons. My way puts the Cavs as one of the top teams in the east for the next decade.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 26, 2014, 03:00:44 pm
No I will not.  What I will be is a team with depth. The Cavs have 21 million in cap space, a handful of 1st round draft picks over the next few seasons and last years #1 pick to trade. Trading for Love will get you a good team for 3 or 4 seasons. My way puts the Cavs as one of the top teams in the east for the next decade.
Love is 25. They would still be good to go for another 10 years possibly, depending on how long Lebron plays as well. It's the sure thing for 10 years or "potential" for 15 years. Lebron wants to for "sure" win. That's why they'll make the deal.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 26, 2014, 03:00:44 pm

By your standards many believe James would then have chosen to stay in Miami.  He is there to win NOW.  Love gives them that advantage along with some help on the boards.  Wiggins is an unknown, but most likely will need a few years. 

latrops

Quote from: FaytownHog on July 26, 2014, 04:08:26 pm
Love is 25. They would still be good to go for another 10 years possibly, depending on how long Lebron plays as well. It's the sure thing for 10 years or "potential" for 15 years. Lebron wants to for "sure" win. That's why they'll make the deal.

With the picks and young talent Cleveland has to go with Lebron, they should be in the mix either way.  Even the Miami super team only won two out of four...and one of those Finals wins took some good luck (game 6 of 2013).  Lebron/Love/Irving and a bunch of role players might be the best team in the Eastern Conference....but Lebron/Irving/Wiggins/Bennett and a few draft picks is not far behind and has greater potential beyond the next three years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: latrops on July 26, 2014, 08:39:56 pm
With the picks and young talent Cleveland has to go with Lebron, they should be in the mix either way.  Even the Miami super team only won two out of four...and one of those Finals wins took some good luck (game 6 of 2013).  Lebron/Love/Irving and a bunch of role players might be the best team in the Eastern Conference....but Lebron/Irving/Wiggins/Bennett and a few draft picks is not far behind and has greater potential beyond the next three years.

You mean draft picks like Bennett, nerlens Noel, Irving, and so many more?  That they take a few years to get acclimated and catch up to the speed of the game.  They can also be bust.  You have to go back to the 2010 and 2011
Draft to find top 10 picks that are now contributing nightly averages that are "good", none are as good as Love.  The ones that are making contributions are shooters/ball handlers.  Tristian Thompson, John wall, Paul grove, Bradley beal, etc.  so you can take these risks, or a sure thing with Love, which by the way is apparent that is what the number one player in the league asked for when making his negotiations.  All that being said, I think wiggins and Lebron could be a good duo, just not as good as getting love.  NBA front offices long term plans are 5 year plans.  Irving, Lebron, and Love are a great 5 year plan PLUS adding the draft picks the next few years to continue adding depth or trade bait.

Although, I would not trade wiggins without a sign and trade deal for Love.  No way I take that deal and not have Love locked up for 5 years