Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

available schoarships

Started by ThatGUY, July 24, 2014, 11:08:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGUY

How many scholarship openings are available for the 2015 class?

pondwater jack

I think there is 1 or 2.  You want a shot?  Are you eligible?
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

East TN HAWG

Generally 25.  More if some did not qualify in 2014, and you can count jucos back. 

prattville pig

Thatguy would be a big get!
Life's too short to last long.

secneahog

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 24, 2014, 11:34:49 am

By chance are you a drinker on Hog game day? If so beer or whiskey?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Tim Harris

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 24, 2014, 11:56:48 am
Generally 25.  More if some did not qualify in 2014, and you can count jucos back. 

Once they sign that scholarship is gone.  Even if they don't qualify we don't get to sign someone else in their spot.  If you have room under the 85 limit you can give it to a  walkon but it doesn't allow you to sign 26 the next year.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:05:54 pm
Once they sign that scholarship is gone.  Even if they don't qualify we don't get to sign someone else in their spot.  If you have room under the 85 limit you can give it to a  walkon but it doesn't allow you to sign 26 the next year.

Thank goodness with this staff we have been able to keep most of our commits.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 01:08:22 pm
Thank goodness with this staff we have been able to keep most of our commits.

Agreed.  Out of 2 classes they have only had 1 not make it and they knew he wouldn't well before the time he signed but still took him so that we can get him coming out of JC.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:14:00 pm
Agreed.  Out of 2 classes they have only had 1 not make it and they knew he wouldn't well before the time he signed but still took him so that we can get him coming out of JC.

And I'm guessing ones that went on was Tavarres, Murphy and Hartfield?  I'll take those numbers every time. BB is building it right.

East TN HAWG

Very little attrition.  Also very few incidents.  APR is up as well.  All of these are signs of good management on the hill.  It's a matter of time until we are on the winning side of things.  Winning will cure a lot of problems.

I believe we have a very good staff. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Did the JUCO guard make it?  Still disappointed about Murphy, but that's not the fault of the staff.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

secneahog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on July 24, 2014, 01:33:11 pm
Very little attrition.  Also very few incidents.  APR is up as well.  All of these are signs of good management on the hill.  It's a matter of time until we are on the winning side of things.  Winning will cure a lot of problems.

I believe we have a very good staff.

I feel the same way. They are keeping and quality recruits on campus. Takes time to rebuild from a true rebuilding process.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pondwater jack on July 24, 2014, 11:34:49 am
Can't. His heart's already committed to Oklahoma.

onebadrubi

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 01:17:26 pm
And I'm guessing ones that went on was Tavarres, Murphy and Hartfield?  I'll take those numbers every time. BB is building it right.

Lets not jinx it but I believe you are correct!

hobhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 24, 2014, 01:05:54 pm

Then can someone explain UT signing 32, all who are now qualified and scheduled to be on campus next week?

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 03:47:07 pm
Then can someone explain UT signing 32, all who are now qualified and scheduled to be on campus next week?

Some are legacies, paying their own way, some were able to be counted back to the previous class due to not signing their maximum, and some might be grey shirts, but technically, they can't enroll/participate until Jan.

hobhog

Hmmm.....

Legacies paying their own way? I assume you can have 100 players on your team paying their own way. Those are not scholarships. They are recruited walkons.

And I find it hard to believe that many players would grayshirt and sit out freshman year and pay for school, but guess its possible. Must not be very good players.

Something doesnt smell right, but then again this IS the SEC.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 12:35:12 pm

I know I'm not pond water jack but for me, whiskey during the big games and beer during the non conference. Depends on how loud I feel I need to be. You know, for the good of the team!  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 04:04:09 pm
Hmmm.....

Legacies paying their own way? I assume you can have 100 players on your team paying their own way. Those are not scholarships. They are recruited walkons.

And I find it hard to believe that many players would grayshirt and sit out freshman year and pay for school, but guess its possible. Must not be very good players.

Something doesnt smell right, but then again this IS the SEC.

The Berry twins are pretty good, I don't think they are walk-on category. It easy to figure out, say you sign 20 in 2012, that means you can count back 5 early enrollees in 2013. In 2013 you sign 20 again, 5 you count back to 2012's class, and 15 for 2013. Now you can sign 35 in 2014, 10 you have to enroll early and count back, and 25 for 2014. Tenner was short some previous classes, thus able to sign the number they did. I don't know what their previous numbers were, but they were able to count some back.

pondwater jack

Quote from: secneahog on July 24, 2014, 12:35:12 pm

i have been known to have a beer or two..i like the cinnamon whiskey as ive passed 58.   mostly i like free.  free drinks. Margaritas are good but they give me the green virus the next day.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.