Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bold Prediction Time: Arkansas goes 9-3 if...

Started by All Bleed Red, July 24, 2014, 10:45:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chitwnhog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 24, 2014, 03:51:44 pm
Look at MSU under croom.  Three straight 3-win seasons, one 8-win season, and then a 4-win season.

Mullen's just a good coach.  Good coaches win games.

Bielema has had one season...ONE. Step back from the ledge.

LRRandy

Quote from: RandomFan on July 27, 2014, 04:28:25 pm
I predict 7-5. I also predict that Allen is not the QB by game 4.
if Allen is not the qb game 4 getting to 7 wins will be tough. It has been made clear that he is the best qb. If he is in fact replaced by a freshman that means injury or not being effective on BA part. To get to 7 BA needs to grasp the offense and be productive.
This is fun, isn't it.

ricepig

Quote from: LRRandy on July 27, 2014, 06:21:56 pm
if Allen is not the qb game 4 getting to 7 wins will be tough. It has been made clear that he is the best qb. If he is in fact replaced by a freshman that means injury or not being effective on BA part. To get to 7 BA needs to grasp the offense and be productive.

I'd agree with this.

Steef

Phil D

Quote from: RandomFan on July 27, 2014, 07:24:52 pm
I think 7 wins is possible with a caretaker QB learning the system while relying on our running game.  That caretaker may as well be a promising FR.

Not happening and you know it.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HiggiePiggy

Looking at our schedule we could be 4-1 going into the bye week before a home game against Alabama.

If we take care of the out of conference games and if Texas A&M is down a lot from last year then it's very possible to see us at 4-1.  I think we could play Alabama close and then georgia coming to Arkansas after playing on the road against Missouri could help us win against Georgia putting us at 5-2 then getting UAB would put us at 6-2 going to Mississippi State. 

Lose at Mississippi state putting us at 6-3 with another bye week before we face LSU at home after they just faced Alabama the week before.  We go to 7-3 have another home game with ole miss who would be ready for us considering they have a bye week before facing us. Lose and it puts us at 7-4.  Then the final regular season game at Missouri on thanksgiving day to start our rival with them in the sec.   Who knows how that could finish.  Possibly 8-4 or 7-5 to finish the season.   This would be pretty impressive, but I stick to 6 wins this year.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

BluegrassRazorback

Quote from: HogFan#1 on July 24, 2014, 10:57:56 am
Only way we go 9-3 is if our back 7 on defense have improved dramatically.

Yes true!

If Arkansas wins 6 or more it will be an improved defense that plays a huge role in getting those wins

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: RandomFan on July 27, 2014, 07:24:52 pm
I think 7 wins is possible with a caretaker QB learning the system while relying on our running game.  That caretaker may as well be a promising FR.

That "promising" freshman is NOWHERE near ready to compete in the SEC. He played small school ball against MUCH lesser competition than either one of the Allens...counting on him as a savior WILL be a recipe for disaster.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

three hog night

Sat, Aug 30     Auburn *    Auburn, Ala.      3:00 p.m.                         close L

Sat, Sep 06     Nicholls State    Fayetteville, Ark.      3:00 p.m.            W

Sat, Sep 13     Texas Tech    Lubbock, Texas      2:30 p.m.                    W

Sat, Sep 20     Northern Illinois    Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA            W

Sat, Sep 27     Texas A&M *    Arlington, Texas      TBA                   W

Sat, Oct 11     Alabama *    Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA                   L close

Sat, Oct 18     Georgia *    Little Rock, Ark.      TBA                                   L close

Homecoming
  Sat, Oct 25     UAB    Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA                                   W

Sat, Nov 01     Mississippi State *    Starkville, Miss.      TBA                   ?

Sat, Nov 15     LSU *    Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA                           ?

Sat, Nov 22     Ole Miss *    Fayetteville, Ark.      TBA                   W

Fri, Nov 28     Missouri *    Columbia, Mo.      1:30 p.m.                   W

I see a 7-5 season.

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

All Bleed Red

I think what gets lost in a lot this season's predictions are Home vs. Away games.  Arkansas certainly plays a lot better at home, and we get to host Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Georgia.  Those are all tough games and we should at least be in all of them at home with a chance.  Add to it a 50/50 crowd at Jerryland and I like our odds against A&M as they rebuild.  LSU will be coming off a tough 5-game stretch and could be pretty beat up.  Going to Miss. State and Mizzou are very tough games to guage.  Nobody is real sure how good they will be (just like us).  I just think there are tons of question marks to be answered this season and Arkansas could very well surprise a lot of people.