Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Darnell Salomon Update

Started by jbcarol, July 23, 2014, 05:02:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Top 2016 WR Darnell Salomon named a suspect in Georgia dorm burglary

QuoteUniversity of Georgia police have issued an arrest warrant for one of the top wide receivers in the 2016 class, Darnell Salomon.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound wideout from Hialeah, Fla., was identified as the suspect accused of entering the unlocked dorm of two female students Saturday morning and stealing an iPhone5 and a wallet containing cash and credit cards, according to the AJC.

Salomon was at Georgia attending the Dawg Night camp...

Adam Krohn ‏@AKRivals

2016 WR Darnell Salomon of Champagnat Catholic to visit UGA tomorrow, Auburn Sunday. No favs yet.

2:40 PM - 17 Jul 2014

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

online-with-swine

Waldron_Hog

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: online-with-swine on July 23, 2014, 05:13:10 pm
He'll end up at Auburn.
No doubt. AWbarn has the perfect "nurturing" culture for such a kid.

Hawgzinbowlz

Added to Gus's watch list for future consideration, if he initially chooses another school or is jailed. Being charged at UGA would help him be motivated when Auburn plays UGA.
A perfect fit as a "plainsman".

" GO HOGS "

jbcarol

Saloman's high school coach, Mike Tunsil was confident of his player's innocence.

"When the facts in the case come out we're all sure Darnell Salomon will be cleared of all charges," Tunsil said.

QuoteThis is not the first incident of its kind involving a Georgia football recruit. Defensive back "Neion" Deion Bonner of Columbus, Ga., who later signed with Tennessee but has since left the team, was suspected of theft of a cell phone from a female student in 2012 but no charges were ever filed.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Coach Michael Tunsil @ChampagnatLions  ·  Jul 14

Coach Drummond, Chidi Valentine Okeke, coach Michael Tunsil, Darnell Salomon and Abdul Bello. #XPInternational

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 23, 2014, 05:39:12 pm
Added to Gus's watch list for future consideration, if he initially chooses another school or is jailed. Being charged at UGA would help him be motivated when Auburn plays UGA.
A perfect fit as a "plainsman".

" GO HOGS "
Actually with this the kid becomes a Gus "must have". However, should he end up being found not guilty or the charges dropped Darnell will automatically lose his automatic "got to have" status.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 24, 2014, 07:53:08 am
Actually with this the kid becomes a Gus "must have". However, should he end up being found not guilty or the charges dropped Darnell will automatically lose his automatic "got to have" status.

Very true. He may not be guilty or he may plead a lesser if he was involved. I'm sure Gus has his eye on the situation.

" GO HOGS "

fullfan

July 24, 2014, 09:01:14 am #9 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:46:55 pm by fullfan
Quote from: jbcarol on July 23, 2014, 05:02:59 pm

Adam Krohn ‏@AKRivals

2016 WR Darnell Salomon of Champagnat Catholic to visit UGA tomorrow, Auburn Sunday. No favs yet.

2:40 PM - 17 Jul 2014

Quote from: jbcarol on July 23, 2014, 05:02:59 pm

Stealing on a recruiting visit??  Its quite obvious that this recruit had previously visited OU and Bama and remembered getting the iphone and cash that was behind door #1.   Some grad asst from Georgia must have given him the wrong door number for parting gifts.   All a complete misunderstanding and will be dropped soon enough.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Has a warrant for his arrest from the U of Georgia police, & was....."identified" as the suspect.  Sounds pretty solid.  Doubt many schools are going to issue arrest warrants for recruits unless they have a real strong case.  Being wrong about a thing like this cannot be good for recruiting,  Lol.  Well, one thing is a pretty good bet now.  Doubt this Salomon kid end's up at the U of Georgia.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 24, 2014, 11:54:35 pm
Has a warrant for his arrest from the U of Georgia police, & was....."identified" as the suspect.  Sounds pretty solid.  Doubt many schools are going to issue arrest warrants for recruits unless they have a real strong case.  Being wrong about a thing like this cannot be good for recruiting,  Lol.  Well, one thing is a pretty good bet now.  Doubt this Salomon kid end's up at the U of Georgia.
Ahh..........but he's a perfect fit for AWbarn.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

BigSexyHog

Gotta ask yourself how many criminals will auburn end up signing?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Torqued pork

Mark Richt has attracted his share of troubled youth to Athens.

Oklahawg

Summer is the achilles heel of many programs. Coaches don't have as much oversight of the players, and not being "in season" means that there is less urgency to remaining in prime playing condition. Some drinking or partying in general can be overcome the next couple of days in the weight room.

The move to get players on campus right after HS was largely about getting them ready to play in the fall. The peripheral reason is to get them out of their native territory, where summer without supervision is a dangerous combination. If there isn't some oversight once on campus, though, you can be in big trouble.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 25, 2014, 10:02:08 pm
Summer is the achilles heel of many programs. Coaches don't have as much oversight of the players, and not being "in season" means that there is less urgency to remaining in prime playing condition. Some drinking or partying in general can be overcome the next couple of days in the weight room.

The move to get players on campus right after HS was largely about getting them ready to play in the fall. The peripheral reason is to get them out of their native territory, where summer without supervision is a dangerous combination. If there isn't some oversight once on campus, though, you can be in big trouble.

Good points.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

OTTER

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 25, 2014, 03:52:00 am
Gotta ask yourself how many criminals will auburn end up signing?
Enough to warrent changing their uniform colors to Jail House Orange!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

NoNC4Tubs

A lock for the "Lawless Village on the Plains"....... 8)