Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoops takes jabs at Saban and A&M

Started by coastalrazorback, July 23, 2014, 03:01:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalrazorback

It is late July, there is no real news to speak of, and I found this a bit funny.

Stoops takes a jab at Bama, because that seems to be the thing to do this offseason. He stated that Saban's comments about the Sugar Bowl being a consolation game were just an excuse. He then went on to take a jab at A&M's non conference schedule, "Lamar, Rice, SMU, La-Monroe. Those are all a bunch of toughies."

Stoops trolls hard.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/7/23/5929717/bob-stoops-nick-saban-sugar-bowl

nationwish

I don't think fans of certain conferences have quite caught on that while they joke about the non-conference schedules of SEC teams, SEC fans make fun of their teams' conference schedules.

Bubba's Bruisers

Last year's Sugar Bowl was OU's NCG.  Stoops will get a lot of mileage out that win. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Theolesnort

Big game Bob finally wins a game and he can't darn up eh? That is totally funny.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hobhog

Is that the same Stoops who said the lower half of the SEC was nothing to brag about, then uses OU's game against the vols as a "tough" out of conference game?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 03:38:40 pm
Is that the same Stoops who said the lower half of the SEC was nothing to brag about, then uses OU's game against the vols as a "tough" out of conference game?

How ironic is that!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoHogs1091

Perhaps, Stoops needs to be reminded of the thrashing his team took in the Cotton Bowl to Texas A&M, a Texas A&M team that was probably better than the Alabama team he won against in the Sugar Bowl.  2013 season Alabama wasn't as good as 2012 season Alabama.

Beating an SEC Team that didn't want to be at that Sugar Bowl doesn't equate OU being better than the SEC. 

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: hobhog on July 24, 2014, 03:38:40 pm

Yep!

What a hypocrite!  8)