Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I read somewhere that Alex Collins hair weighs

Started by Country Stylz, July 23, 2014, 02:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

5 extra pounds during a game when he's sweating. That's like running around with a 5 pound weight tied to your head. CBB should demand he shave his head cut down on that 40 time and give him the breakaway speed he's been lacking. Any word on how his summer workouts have been going? Will he make that sophmore improvement this year?

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 23, 2014, 02:01:22 pm
5 extra pounds during a game when he's sweating. That's like running around with a 5 pound weight tied to your head. CBB should demand he shave his head cut down on that 40 time and give him the breakaway speed he's been lacking. Any word on how his summer workouts have been going? Will he make that sophmore improvement this year?

I've read were it gives him the ability to make fantastic cuts, I've heard they've asked him to grow it longer.

BorderPatrol

PorkSoda

I read that it provides extra cushion which helps prevent head injuries.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Country Stylz

He needs to be bald like me. He thinks he so cool with his luxurious locks. We can't have players running around out there with their hair blowing in the wind like Fabio! What's going on around here!

Wildhog

I will say that it just adds something for the defenders to grab onto.  The hair is part of the jersey, after all.

But I really don't care.  Be fabulous, Alex.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Music City Hog

I read his hair gives him the ability to consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I actually heard it gives him the agility of a house cat.
ched come back pls

Jek Tono Porkins

I've read that he's a descendant of Samson and if he cuts his hair, and strength and speed will vanish.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

KlubhouseKonnected

Not sure if serious...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Ironhawg

Ok make fun if you must, but I have been "folically challenged" for a long time now.  I had shoulder length hair in high school but that was a l-o-n-g time ago.  Wonder what that much hair feels like?

COCHISE

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds??

greasy_corner

COCHISE

Do you know my next door neighbor has three rabbits??

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: COCHISE on July 23, 2014, 02:28:01 pm
Do you know my next door neighbor has three rabbits??
but do they have dreads?
ched come back pls

1highhog

Vents and Rumors in 5-4-3

Three and Snout

Actually, the sweat weight added to his hair would be coming from water, salts, etc. already in his body, so there would be no net gain in overall weight.  That's assuming he's not soaking his hair with water from a water bottle.

Wildhog

Basically, Alex Collins turns into a bobblehead through the progression of a game.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyFan

Quote from: Three and Snout on July 23, 2014, 02:32:05 pm
Actually, the sweat weight added to his hair would be coming from water, salts, etc. already in his body, so there would be no net gain in overall weight.  That's assuming he's not soaking his hair with water from a water bottle.

This would be correct provided he is not dehydrating on the sideline which we all know he is.

jb11

Quote from: HappyFan on July 23, 2014, 02:34:36 pm
This would be correct provided he is not dehydrating on the sideline which we all know he is.
And if he is, he can just suck on his hair to get rehydrated.  Brilliant idea.  All of the players should do this.

DoctorSusscrofa

I heard Coach BB thinks he as "incredible, incredible hair." :)
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HawgcallWPS

4th dumbest fan base putting in work to take that top spot!

HF#1

Hope he dropped a few pounds this summer.  He was looking a little sluggish during the spring and it wasn't because of his hair.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

footballfan

That would mean that just his head has between four and five pints of sweat. Put on your common sense hat. Does that sound reasonable?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 02:04:31 pm
I've read were it gives him the ability to make fantastic cuts, I've heard they've asked him to grow it longer.

Maybe his legal name is Sampson.........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tyro3

Beantown Razahback

I read that Alex Collins' hair is having dinner at Powerhouse with Bill Cowher right now.

PorkSoda

Quote from: footballfan on July 23, 2014, 03:13:07 pm
That would mean that just his head has between four and five pints of sweat. Put on your common sense hat. Does that sound reasonable?
it gets hot in the midwest.  Where I used to live in NM, the humidity was so low, you never actually sweat.  it evaporates immediately.

Went back home to visit after several years and sweat was litterally dripping from my chin the within minutes of getting off the plane.  I probably could have filled a pint glass in 15-20 mins.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

chitwnhog

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on July 23, 2014, 02:57:29 pm
4th dumbest fan base putting in work to take that top spot!

Nah...its Country Stylz bein Country Stylz...everybody else is just having fun.

secneahog

You need to get a life.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

supersaint

His hair smells like RLWOLFEMAN's car seat.... According to someone else who is not me.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Shirley you can't be serious?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on July 23, 2014, 03:27:09 pm
I read that Alex Collins' hair is having dinner at Powerhouse with Bill Cowher right now.

You mean with Bill Cowher's mustache.

I BLEED RBack RED

I read that he is related to medusa and that his dreads are actually snakes. Just don't look him in the eye or you'll turn into stone ;)
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

yraciv

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 23, 2014, 02:10:05 pm
He needs to be bald like me. He thinks he so cool with his luxurious locks. We can't have players running around out there with their hair blowing in the wind like Fabio! What's going on around here!

It doesn't seem to have stopped Marshawn Lynch from becoming one of the best backs in the game. 

chitwnhog

Quote from: I BLEED RBack RED on July 23, 2014, 04:42:00 pm
I read that he is related to medusa and that his dreads are actually snakes. Just don't look him in the eye or you'll turn into stone ;)

Yeah! He's gonna turn LB's and DB's to stone and then run right by em!!!

buffaload

I'd like to reply but I can't even begin to think of what to say.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Country Stylz

Quote from: secneahog on July 23, 2014, 03:44:11 pm
You need to get a life.
You're right Bagdad Bob. I just wanted to have a little fun. I'll leave the posting to you from now on. Please....tell us more about the Hogs stellar depth at DT going into the season. Go ahead and conjure up another linebacker or two while you're at it. Ooh! And a big time receiver please. TIA

PonderinHog

Quote from: buffaload on July 23, 2014, 05:31:50 pm
I'd like to reply but I can't even begin to think of what to say.
Say somethin' stupid, dammit.

baitshop

I heard that he picks up Bob Marley stations on it...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

chitwnhog

Quote from: baitshop on July 23, 2014, 05:39:51 pm
I heard that he picks up Bob Marley stations on it...

This is why Bielema likes him so much!!!

CabotHog87

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 23, 2014, 02:10:05 pm

YOU WILL BE BALD LIKE ME

[attachment deleted by admin]

chitwnhog

Quote from: CabotHog87 on July 23, 2014, 05:54:19 pm
YOU WILL BE BALD LIKE ME

Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all.

Big Papa Satan