Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU commit looks like he has some Wolf in him

Started by Seminole Indian, August 03, 2014, 12:40:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Got_da_captain

Seminole Indian

August 04, 2014, 06:00:25 am #2 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:24:28 am by Seminole Indian
 They are putting together another outstanding class, and most of their commit's will pick up more offers,and more than a few will get offer's from one or more major schools.

Many of their signee's last year got late offers from  majors but stuck with ASU. That is the big change for them holding off the  majors for quality players, and why they are winning.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

Interesting to see if Rhett can continue the winning tradition at ASTATE
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

wildwolf

Quote from: Lanny on August 04, 2014, 09:22:45 am
Uh, Rhett who?

Seminole Indian

He may be next in line for sure.

Seminole Indian

Lanny

ha, showed what I know about ASTATE.  I thought Rhett was the new RedWolf coach.

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Lanny on August 04, 2014, 01:10:57 pm
ha, showed what I know about ASTATE.  I thought Rhett was the new RedWolf coach.
Not  yet!!

Seminole Indian

Back to your question, the answer is yes on continuing the winning tradition.

While there is a good chance they could start 1-3, they should still win at least 7-8 and make a bowl game. They simply have more talent than most of the teams they play and that does not look to change in the foreseeable future.

Next year could be something special, especially if they can keep the coaching staff they have now.

wildwolf

Quote from: Lanny on August 04, 2014, 01:10:57 pm
. Yep, your ignorance was shining like a spotlight! 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: wildwolf on August 05, 2014, 04:33:02 pm
In Arkansas you never know if they are kidding or just plain  ignorant. Arkansas is a little different than most places in that they actually seem to flaunt their ignorance, like it is a badge of honor.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 06, 2014, 05:52:12 am
In Arkansas you never know if they are kidding or just plain  ignorant. Arkansas is a little different than most places in that they actually seem to flaunt their ignorance, like it is a badge of honor.

You prove it daily and wear your badge well.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 06:04:33 am
You prove it daily and wear your badge well.
I'll go along with that, but I'm not proud of my ignorance, but I'm not from Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 06, 2014, 06:19:51 am
I'll go along with that, but I'm not proud of my ignorance, but I'm not from Arkansas.

Did you graduate from a school in state, do you live here? Or do you just think that where a person is born, determines where they are "from"?

Seminole Indian

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 07:09:55 am
Did you graduate from a school in state, do you live here? Or do you just think that where a person is born, determines where they are "from"?
Depends.

In my case,because I did not move to Arkansas until I was almost in HS, and because I spent most of my carrier working out of Arkansas, especially the last 10 years, I do not consider myself 'from' Arkansas.

While I live most of the year in Arkansas now, I anticipate that I will live most of the year in Texas when my wife can join me, so I don't look for that to change.

Lanny

Quote from: wildwolf on August 05, 2014, 04:33:02 pm
I did on the above post.

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Lanny on August 06, 2014, 10:41:55 am
I did on the above post.
Because you tolerate us 'infidels', I'm sure not going to hold it against you.

Seminole Indian

In regard to maintaining a winning tradition,also wanted to point out the ASU had been bowl eligible 7 out of the previous 12 years, so contrary to what many think, they had actually turned the corner as an FBS program some time ago, and not just the last three years.

Included in those years were wins over Army, Texas A&M, SMU, and very close games on the road against schools Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Louisville, and Ole Miss.

The talent was there to win , but what was missing was the spark to ignite that talent and take them to the next level, and that spark was Freeze.

redeye

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 06, 2014, 05:52:12 am

I really wanna smite you, but sadly there's a lot of truth in this.