Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Already A Successful Summer For Arkansas Football

Started by Scott Marshall, July 23, 2014, 11:49:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

"We've got to learn to respond to adversity a lot better.  I think as coaches we need to be crystal clear on what we are saying. I don't want our players trying to decide during the course of the game if they heard things correctly, if they are playing the right technique, if they are executing the correct call." says Bret Bielema, Arkansas' Head Football Coach.

It's a problem that occurred over and over again in 2013. Changing it is on both the coaches and the players.

"Summer workouts have been going real well. We're just trying to take it one day at a time and trying to approach it with an attitude to get better each and every day and I believe we have." says Senior Safety Alan Turner.

READ AND WATCH FULL STORY HERE: http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/already-a-successful-summer-for-arkansas-football/37428/sgMn7TCAt0-x7rJd6Ob1oA

MOBILE VERSION: http://m.nwahomepage.com/display/19146/story/2776c3f767e7f75f54b89aa2b7f2d325

Biggus Piggus

Does this mean Big Ten players are smarter than SEC players?
[CENSORED]!

Scott Marshall

No i think he meant that he is building his team from the ground up, nothing to do with intelligence of current players. Just that he is able to mold Freshmen to fit his philosophy by the time they are Juniors and Seniors. He was just dealt a bad hand from the start! I think Bielema would rather deal his own hand than be handed one!!!

Hoggish1

I am very happy we have a coaching staff that thinks the way ours does.  New D-coaches will help the understanding of terminology in a huge way. 

We should play a lot faster.  If we get more TOs the O can finish out games with a punishing ground game and a devastating PA game.

Tick Hog

July 24, 2014, 06:43:06 am #4 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:15:43 am by Tick Hog
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 23, 2014, 04:47:16 pm
Does this mean Big Ten players are smarter than SEC players?
Chris Ash would say they are. I'm all for the keeping things simple and being just real good at what you do. I think that's kind of where we are as a program right now and I have no problem what that. I truly believe that we can win 6 with this approach.

JIHawg

Just show significant progress and validate the direction of the program is right.

Hawg_Thai'd

Coach is not just making good football players. He is making good men as well. I really like the way things are headed. Kind of hard to do things right when teammates on the same side of the ball speak a different language. 
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

MJ2

I think the job and the conference has been wayyyyy tougher than CBB EVER expected.   He's in uncharted territory as far as building the team.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: MJ2 on July 24, 2014, 10:55:19 am
I think the job and the conference has been wayyyyy tougher than CBB EVER expected.   He's in uncharted territory as far as building the team.

A little bird told me that the biggest eye-opener for Bielema was discovering how rampant and unchecked cheating is in football recruiting throughout SEC and lower Big 12 territory. They learn more about that problem all the time. Bielema is going to get frustrated if he keeps having to drop prospects, then he gets blasted for not signing enough 4- and 5-stars.
[CENSORED]!

MountieDawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 24, 2014, 04:56:57 pm
A little bird told me that the biggest eye-opener for Bielema was discovering how rampant and unchecked cheating is in football recruiting throughout SEC and lower Big 12 territory. They learn more about that problem all the time. Bielema is going to get frustrated if he keeps having to drop prospects, then he gets blasted for not signing enough 4- and 5-stars.

If Bielema knew of cheating wouldn't he turn people in? He has proven over and over he will talk about other coaches.
SEC!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: MountieDawg on July 24, 2014, 05:40:14 pm
If Bielema knew of cheating wouldn't he turn people in? He has proven over and over he will talk about other coaches.

Did you read the part about lack of enforcement?
[CENSORED]!

ImHogginIt

Well I hope he's a quick learner or we will continue to be out recruited.

PonderinHog

I hate to say it, but welcome to the pros, coach.

southeasthog

With Slive strong-arming the NCAA, it's not gonna change either.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: MJ2 on July 24, 2014, 10:55:19 am

Football is football, whether it is in the Big Ten or the SEC. The difference is the quality of athletes that you sign and/or develop and put on the field. As Biggus points out the biggest difference between the two conferences seems to be the level of "advantage" that some teams seem to have developed over others.
Go Hogs Go!