Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BAMA Blueprint

Started by ThatGUY, July 23, 2014, 10:14:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGUY

With Bama on a 0-2 slide in its last 2 games of the season, have they been exposed?
Have we seen the blueprint to beating Goliath?
Up tempo offense, used as needed with spreading the ball to different recievers, as well as using a running attack to keep a winded defense honest.

Kenny Hawgins

Last time bama had an 0-2 slide to finish the season was in '08 when they lost to Florida in the SEC championship and Utah in the Sugar Bowl. 

They went 14-0 the next year and won 3 of the next 4 national championships. 

/thread
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

HiggiePiggy

Actually all we saw was the same thing when they didn't get to the national championship game last time.  They didn't care for the bowl game.   This year I believe they will have a down year similar to 2010. Probably lose 3 regular season games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Steef

Bama is replacing a few key people, including their QB and a couple of the best defensive players in a decade.

OTOH...they will be replacing them with 'stellar' newbies.

No way of knowing how that will impact them. But Bama has reached the point where they will never be 'average' again. At least while Nick is there.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: ThatGUY on July 23, 2014, 10:14:23 am
With Bama on a 0-2 slide in its last 2 games of the season, have they been exposed?
Up tempo offense, used as needed with spreading the ball to different recievers, as well as using a running attack to keep a winded defense honest.

If last years Bama team played the land thieves 10 times they beat them 8 minimum.  Big Game Bob just got lucky and caught a Saban coached team that didn't want to be playing in the Sugar Bowl.

HF#1

Blueprint for beating Alabama...

1. Force them into a couple turnovers and capitalize on those mistakes.

2. Stop or slow down their run game considerably.

3. Run the ball effectively.

4. Don't turn the ball over.

5. If you are Auburn, hope they kick a 60 yard FG and get lazy when you return it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TUSKtimes

Quote from: HogFan#1 on July 23, 2014, 02:51:12 pm
Blueprint for beating Alabama...

5. If you are Auburn, hope they kick a 60 yard FG and get lazy when you return it.

6. Play way over your head with a healthy amount of seasoned 4* and 5* players leading the way.

NaturalStateReb

Bama isn't untouchable, although they're very good.  They were never the same after the LSU game last year--they didn't look good against Mississippi State the week before the Auburn loss.

As for hurry-up offenses, Saban's not complaining about them because he doesn't have anything else to do--he's complaining because he considers them a threat.  Think about the offenses that have caused Bama some trouble over the last couple of years, and you think about teams like Texas A&M, Auburn, and Oklahoma.  It's the kind of offense that can give a less talented team a shot against a more talented opponent, and with other league teams like Ole Miss and Missouri running this kind of offense, Saban's going to see it more.

Anything that can help even the playing field against Bama is good for everyone else and bad for Saban.  Hence the whining.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HF#1

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 02:53:50 pm

6. Play way over your head with a healthy amount of seasoned 4* and 5* players leading the way.

If you can do what I listed with 3 and 4 star players then you have a pretty good shot at winning.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

footballfan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 23, 2014, 02:55:06 pm
For Alabama yes. National championships are the things they were expecting to be playing for. Same as 2009.

Alabama will be happy to play in the bowl they get to this year because national championship shouldn't be expected this year with everyone they have to replace.  It's 2010 all over again.

They started out #1 in 2010 as well.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: HogFan#1 on July 23, 2014, 02:55:18 pm
If you can do what I listed with 3 and 4 star players then you have a pretty good shot at winning.

In the power football scheme of things, you have chosen the frontal attack. Come 4th quarter you will need more than a couple turnovers to keep from getting your depth leaned on.

HF#1

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 03:04:31 pm
In the power football scheme of things, you have chosen the frontal attack. Come 4th quarter you will need more than a couple turnovers to keep from getting your depth leaned on.

Yeah, I know.  I'm just laying out what you have to do to beat them.  I"m not saying we will do it.

The blueprint for us to do it is to keep recruiting and keep working on being physical.

Oklahawg

Exposed? Hardly. They were "exposed" by a circus play and by having that one play undermine the chance at another NC, opting instead to go through the motions vs BlowU.

Put me down as someone who would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a repeat of either game for the first game of the 2014 season. The ass-hammering would be robust, served up by a Bama team hellbent on not pissing off their coach again.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Purged the crap and another mod moved it.

Proceed.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: footballfan on July 23, 2014, 03:00:21 pm
They started out #1 in 2010 as well.

That's because people picked them to be number 1, but if you looked at the roster you knew they were not going to be playing in the national championship game. I said the same thing about them in 2010 as I am saying for this year.  Best team in the west will be auburn.  After that it's going to be a toss up between Alabama, ole miss, and LSU.  I would say Mississippi State, but I just can't see them being 2nd in the west.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HogFan#1 on July 23, 2014, 02:51:12 pm
Blueprint for beating Alabama... most anyone

Fixed it.