Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 07:56:06 pm
Yeah, that's pretty much it.  The irony with the "lesser" comment, is that it could be interpretted that he thinks we are a lesser program.  I know it's not what he meant.

Speaking of that, can someone direct me to this ultimatum?  I need to see what my odds are of making the cut.

Lanny or Wilson, or one of those tools made a thread about it a little bit back. Only Razorback discussion. All losers will be tossed.

You're probably out, man. Sorry.

rude1

Alabama asked for and was granted a waiver, where's the cheating? Unless there is evidence that someone else asked for and was denied this waiver, this sounds more like sour grapes against a program that was innovative in it's efforts to skirt the rules legally.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

chitwnhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 07:56:06 pm
Yeah, that's pretty much it.  The irony with the "lesser" comment, is that it could be interpretted that he thinks we are a lesser program.  I know it's not what he meant.

Speaking of that, can someone direct me to this ultimatum?  I need to see what my odds are of making the cut.

We'll...the "realists" would say that right now we are a lesser program. I personally believe that perception can be changed.

Don't think ya have much to worry bout. The Skips out there should be very afraid. Meh...the Skips will change their IP address n come up with another boring name m come back to imbibe us with their brand of "humor"

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 08:00:22 pm
Lanny or Wilson, or one of those tools made a thread about it a little bit back. Only Razorback discussion. All losers will be tossed.

You're probably out, man. Sorry.

You're lucky it's not the 1st yet, because you're in direct violation of the ultimatum.  I could have you thrown out of here pronto except I have no stroke around here.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 08:05:19 pm
You're lucky it's not the 1st yet, because you're in direct violation of the ultimatum.  I could have you thrown out of here pronto except I have no stroke around here.

You just remember that, bud.

Bubba's Bruisers

Music City Hog

I can't wait for the 1st so mods will quit calling me names and I can just get back to making this site interesting. 
;)

Jamie Jones

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 06:36:39 pm
Wrong. just because Bama cheats and gets 4 and 5 stars to sit on the bench.and beat the hell out of you. does not mean coach B should shut up about Bama cheating. this is one time i hope coach B keeps talking. just like the Old Ball coach is telling it like it is about Bama and Saban.
Oh my goodness! The August 1 timeline has got to be responsible, but I actually agree with FCJ.  ??? Saban is a much better recruiter than coach, but he has it rolling right now.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

The Boar War

Quote from: rude1 on July 22, 2014, 08:01:36 pm
Alabama asked for and was granted a waiver, where's the cheating? Unless there is evidence that someone else asked for and was denied this waiver, this sounds more like sour grapes against a program that was innovative in it's efforts to skirt the rules legally.

Of course Coach B never called it cheating but carry on.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 08:17:43 pm
I done forgot.

Well played.

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 08:21:16 pm
I can't wait for the 1st so mods will quit calling me names and I can just get back to making this site interesting. 
;)

Dude, ima be ticked if you get the boot.  The recruiting forum just wouldn't be the same. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 22, 2014, 08:24:04 pm
Saban is a much better recruiter than coach, but he has it rolling right now.

How do you figure?

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 08:26:39 pm
Well played.

Dude, ima be ticked if you get the boot.  The recruiting forum just wouldn't be the same. 

Thanks man.  I don't call anyone names so I feel pretty good.  Lanny clarified that having an unpopular opinion isn't a foul.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 22, 2014, 08:24:04 pm
Oh my goodness! The August 1 timeline has got to be responsible, but I actually agree with FCJ.  ??? Saban is a much better recruiter than coach, but he has it rolling right now.
The August 1 timeline does not bother me. my feelings on Bama and Saban , are well known here. and have been for years. if im gone off this board as of  August 1, so be it. i am not going to beg to be on any board. or sunshine pump everything to be on. my opinion will get out if i have to start calling the talk shows again.or even start my old board up again. the old Pig Talk show may be making a comeback.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 08:27:49 pm
How do you figure?

I think he heard spurrier suggest it and just went with it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 08:31:11 pm
The August 1 timeline does not bother me. my feelings on Bama and Saban , are well known here. and have been for years. if im gone off this board as of  August 1, so be it. i am not going to beg to be on any board. or sunshine pump everything to be on. my opinion will get out if i have to start calling the talk shows again.or even start my old board up again. the old Pig Talk show may be making a comeback.

Give me a break.  You ain't going anywhere.  You are well worth the free price of admission here, and the brass knows it.

razorback44

Quote from: arkfan81 on July 22, 2014, 06:10:12 pm
Saw the entire segment. That was just a small piece. On the show all three coaches seemed to be enjoying one another and time spent on show

So Saban was on the show with him?
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

forrest city joe

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 08:35:37 pm
Give me a break.  You ain't going anywhere.  You are well worth the free price of admission here, and the brass knows it.
If im on here or not is up to the people who run this board. it's their board. i am just a poster on here with my opinions. and as long as i am on here, i am going to give my honest opinion. what happens after that is up to the people in charge. it's their board.

Uncommon

I think the main purpose of Bielema's comment was to the NCAA and that is if we're going to have a dead period where no contact or visits (unless they have signed a financial aid agreement) are to be held, let's have a freaking dead period.  Don't let others have a camp if they apply for some sort of waiver.  Because if you let them have that camp with a waiver, then there will be no dead period because everyone will be applying for a waiver to hold another camp.

For the NCAA to let Alabama have this camp during the dead period they are basically destroying the dead period and the whole purpose of a dead period and that is so the coaches can actually be with their families for a small part of the year without constant recruiting duties.

NCAA is not a very logical organization.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 08:32:43 pm
I think he heard spurrier suggest it and just went with it.
Thanks for "splaining" Lucy. That is where I was going. No matter what Spurrier thinks of Saban, he has Bama rolling. Coach Bielema was echoing a sentiment that has been expressed for a while now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 08:43:33 pm
If im on here or not is up to the people who run this board. it's their board. i am just a poster on here with my opinions. and as long as i am on here, i am going to give my honest opinion. what happens after that is up to the people in charge. it's their board.

I'm pretty sure your not the type of poster theyve got in their crosshairs.

IntegrityHog

Hats off to Coach B for calling out those unethical cheaters!

arkfan81

Quote from: razorback44 on July 22, 2014, 08:38:00 pm
So Saban was on the show with him?

The show was split up on two segments really, Coach B was sitting with Sumlin and Butch Jones.

Then they had Saban sitting with the ol ball coach...

There was a number of issues and questions..
Have faith...

Jamie Jones

I will add this on Saban. I listened to him today on Finebaum's show. He was dismissive about losing the last two games last year. Particularly the Sugar Bowl. When you are the top coach in college football, you get your team over the rival loss and prepared to kick the arse of the bowl opponent. He simply said that they weren't into the game once they were out of the National Championship discussion. That Oklahoma was overjoyed to be there and because his team didn't care, the Sooners looked like the better team. Well, the Sooners were either the better team or Stoops was the better coach because they kicked Bama's arse!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
And for the record guys, The Big Easy isn't a troll (even though his name implies LSU fan). At least I don't think so. If so he has certainly boned up on his Razorback's history.

He is just extremely, extremely bitter.

He will come around once we start winning again.
Actually it's my understanding you got really screwed up when he was coming up with the spelling of his moniker. I hear it's actually "queasy" for the way he makes us all feel anytime he opens his mouth.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 22, 2014, 09:06:08 pm
I will add this on Saban. I listened to him today on Finebaum's show. He was dismissive about losing the last two games last year. Particularly the Sugar Bowl. When you are the top coach in college football, you get your team over the rival loss and prepared to kick the arse of the bowl opponent. He simply said that they weren't into the game once they were out of the National Championship discussion. That Oklahoma was overjoyed to be there and because his team didn't care, the Sooners looked like the better team. Well, the Sooners were either the better team or Stoops was the better coach because they kicked Bama's arse!!
Well if that's the case then it shows even old St. Nick ain't always on top of his game. I mean if you're a virtually perfect HC then it's ultimately up to YOU and your staff to get your squad ready and compete no matter who and where you're playing. While it's true the players ultimately have to execute, the coaches are the one who get paid the big $$ to get them to do so. Sorry, Nick you've been found out on this one!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 22, 2014, 09:06:08 pm
That's Saban at his best. it's never that the other team beat him and was better on that night. it's that they played bad. or some other lame excuse. i can't stand OU. but OU kicked Saban and Bama'up and down the field.sacked them 7 times. and the freshmen QB passed for over 400 yards. it was a good old fashion butt kicking.

jkstock04

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on July 22, 2014, 06:45:33 pm
Was what he said true? If so, what is wrong with the truth?
Exactly. If it's true I don't see any problem with talking about it.

I can see how some may view it as childish or whining...but "calling them out"? Na I wouldn't say this is calling them out.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Once again in the news due to his mouth - great

If he's not careful he will be in a similar position as Kiffin for the same reasons - lack of w's and too much neg pub
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkSoda

I really wish he would focus on what is good about our program rather than complaining how others aren't making it easy for him.

If he isn't going to win on the field, the least he could be a good representative of our program.  I want to like him, but he doesn't make it easy when he opens his mouth.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 22, 2014, 10:25:13 pm
In this instance, Coach B is wrong.  Like it or not, the NCAA gave permission for this event.

Did you even read the article Joe?
Never let facts get in the way of your rush toward (yet another) inaccurate post. 
Blame the NCAA if you want because they approved it. 
and so what if they did.  is BB going to say that had bama not gotten that extra day of contact we would have beat them out for a recruit?

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Paul

I don't like it when Hog fans suck up to Bama & Saban

Augustus

To me, if the NCAA imposes a "dead period"... it should be a dead period. No waivers, no exceptions. Kudos to Coach B for calling it out.

Per usual, this is just another example of the NCAA applying rules how they see fit (or, "benefit" as it were).

Now... another poster brought up Coach B's suit, and I agree... what in all the hell was that monstrosity?

Augustus

In this instance, Coach B is wrong.  Like it or not, the NCAA gave permission for this event.

Never let facts get in the way of your rush toward (yet another) inaccurate post. 

Weren't they the ones that imposed the "dead period?"

Doesn't waivers & exceptions kind of defeat the purpose of something as absolute as a "dead period?"

Should we start calling it a "CPR period?" or a "half pregnant period?"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Paul on July 22, 2014, 10:40:39 pm
I don't like it when Hog fans suck up to Bama & Saban
I don't like it either. but there are a lot of them on here and else where who do. i will never suck up to him and Bama. i can not stand them.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 10:52:01 pm

Doesn't waivers & exceptions kind of defeat the purpose of something as absolute as a "dead period?"

ABC:  always be closing

chitwnhog

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 10:49:09 pm
To me, if the NCAA imposes a "dead period"... it should be a dead period. No waivers, no exceptions. Kudos to Coach B for calling it out.

Per usual, this is just another example of the NCAA applying rules how they see fit (or, "benefit" as it were).

Now... another poster brought up Coach B's suit, and I agree... what in all the hell was that monstrosity?

Agreed...this is totally about the NCAA applying rules as they see fit. Reminds me of Jerry Tarkanian's quote "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it's going to give Cleveland State two more years' probation."  That quote is 20+ years old and it is still true now only worse. The NCAA makes it up as they go along and are like most large corporations in that they are completely tied to the bottom line...money.

forrest city joe

It was a rule they made. why did they change it for Saban and Bama? Mark Emmert and Saban.       http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/02/usa-today-digs-into-mark-emmerts-past-results-are-not-good/

Music City Hog

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 22, 2014, 10:55:48 pm
Agreed...this is totally about the NCAA applying rules as they see fit. Reminds me of Jerry Tarkanian's quote "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it's going to give Cleveland State two more years' probation."  That quote is 20+ years old and it is still true now only worse. The NCAA makes it up as they go along and are like most large corporations in that they are completely tied to the bottom line...money.

No they don't. They don't punish anyone now

Music City Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 10:57:02 pm
It was a rule they made. why did they change it for Saban and Bama? Mark Emmert and Saban.       http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/02/usa-today-digs-into-mark-emmerts-past-results-are-not-good/

Bama asked.   If you don't ask then you don't get.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 10:52:01 pm

chitwnhog

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 11:00:56 pm
No they don't. They don't punish anyone now

Really? Auburn...Cam Newton...ring a bell? The NCAA told us "nothing to see here move along" Do you really believe that if the allegations had come out and Auburn wasn't in contention for a NC that they would have reacted this way? I don't.

Paul

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 11:01:31 pm
Bama asked.   If you don't ask then you don't get.
They knew the answer before they asked

footballfan

So Bama and Saban are getting those 4 and 5 stars because they got to start thier camp ONE day earlier than normal? Really? THAT'S the grand secret/conspiracy? Jesus Christ some of y'all are just looney. Instead of CBB complaining about that one day, I would rather him be buried in a film room trying to figure out how to beat those guys- you know like Saban does and where he gets his real advantage.

PorkSoda

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:11:24 pm
So Bama and Saban are getting those 4 and 5 stars because they got to start thier camp ONE day earlier than normal? Really? THAT'S the grand secret/conspiracy? Jesus Christ some of y'all are just looney. Instead of CBB complaining about that one day, I would rather him be buried in a film room trying to figure out how to beat those guys- you know like Saban does and where he gets his real advantage.
but that is what a football coach would do.  we have a CEO coach.  he delegates.

chitwnhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 22, 2014, 11:09:29 pm

Have fun storming the castle!

Think it'll work?

It'll take a miracle....

PorkSoda

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 22, 2014, 11:13:50 pm
Have fun storming the castle!

Think it'll work?

It'll take a miracle....
too close to reality

LZH

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:11:24 pm

You're gonna hurt everyone's feelings.  What an awful thing to say, you shall be banned for sure.

chitwnhog