Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woopig69

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 24, 2014, 09:23:23 am
As far as going public to gain attention to some issue, let someone else do it. We have a new coach and he needs to focus on coaching. As far as specific questions go, he will be asked about the safety thing until hell freezes over. It is the trend in not just Pro but College football. To be against the hurry up is to be against where football is right now. Another thing why in the world would you announce to the world that you don't do something in your offense. He said we don't do the hurry up. So if I'm playing Arkansas one less thing to worry about, eh. This so called calling out Bama makes him look like a cry baby. When we have a winning season then maybe I'll look at this in a new light.
Herp derp
I'm a troll.

GolfnHog

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 24, 2014, 09:23:23 am
As far as going public to gain attention to some issue, let someone else do it. We have a new coach and he needs to focus on coaching.
So if you were witness to a crime in progress your position is let someone else call it in, you're late for a meeting?
As far as specific questions go, he will be asked about the safety thing until hell freezes over. It is the trend in not just Pro but College football. To be against the hurry up is to be against where football is right now. Another thing why in the world would you announce to the world that you don't do something in your offense. He said we don't do the hurry up. So if I'm playing Arkansas one less thing to worry about, eh.
Believe we went to a AR version of the HU offense against Aubby last year and dang if it didn't create a "major injury" timeout to attend to the leg injury.

This so called calling out Bama makes him look like a cry baby. When we have a winning season then maybe I'll look at this in a new light.

So it's acceptable for you to allow one of your kids to get by with something but not the other as long as the Hogs are winning?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

MrThunderhog

What did the other 12 coaches in the SEC have to say about BAMA applying for a waiver to start a camp a day early during the dead period which was granted by the NCAA?
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: Woopig69 on July 24, 2014, 09:29:47 am
Herp derp
I'm a troll.

I don't know herp derps but I'm no troll...people should be able to speak there minds without silly little names called at them...thanks
The kind of attention I want..... is for our coach to be recognized for coaching skills...is that OK

Hoggish1

They got special treatment, though it wasn't by much.  Any way you cut it, that wasn't calling out Bama; maybe pointing out a pimple on an Elephant's @ss...

Won't make much of a splash on anybody's bulletin board LMAO.

ricepig

Quote from: MrThunderhog on July 24, 2014, 09:59:37 am
What did the other 12 coaches in the SEC have to say about BAMA applying for a waiver to start a camp a day early during the dead period which was granted by the NCAA?

They scare

Dirty

loved it!  bunch of babies on here.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

BorderPatrol

GoHogs1091

Doesn't matter what Coach Bielema said on a T.V. show such as ESPN's "Waste of Time Vehicle Wash Show."  Football games are not won or loss by talking on a T.V. show.

The football coaching and football recruiting at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State better substantially improve very quickly.  The SEC West is almost on the verge of being a Division with only 4 football teams that matter (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M), with Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State being just an afterthought.

WizardofhOgZ

I agree with your post, Mike -with a caveat.  I'd characterize Malzahn's actions as a poorly veiled but clearly calculated attempt to choreograph a manipulation of the public perception, rather than a "missed opportunity".  Indeed, the opportunity is still there for the taking.  But Gus aspires to make us think that missing the "fun and prestige" (sarcasm) of attending SEC media days is an equal swap for not playing in the first game.

Maybe his agenda-driven fans can pretend they are that dumb (and some probably are), but those of us with an IQ about 60 aren't buying it.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 23, 2014, 09:57:13 am
I've been around Bret Bielema enough to know that if Brandon Allen got caught with a joint in his car his punishment would have been announced within a matter of a day or two. If he had been scheduled to attend SEC Media days Allen wuold have been there to explain his actions.

Gus had that chance at SEC Media Days. He could have demoted Nick Marshall, suspended him for the first half of the Arkansas game and said, If he wants his job back he'll have to earn it back. He could have brought Marshall to SEC Media Days to face the media, explain his actions and tell us what he plans to do about it.

It was a missed opportunity.

Augustus

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 24, 2014, 05:49:31 pm
Doesn't matter what Coach Bielema said on a T.V. show such as ESPN's "Waste of Time Vehicle Wash Show."  Football games are not won or loss by talking on a T.V. show.

The football coaching and football recruiting at Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State better substantially improve very quickly.  The SEC West is almost on the verge of being a Division with only 4 football teams that matter (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M), with Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State being just an afterthought.

I'm not sure I'd put A&M in that category. I'm thinking they will be a noticeably different team now without some returning players this year?

maggiesue

Don't get hog fans who are haters......Coach B has passion and is trying to stoke the fire and build a fundamentally sound football team that will last and can beat Bama.....you Bobby hungers don't realize that he was never ever going to win an SEC championship because he doesn't give a flip about defense or recruiting. 

It takes time to build something special that was started from the ground......how about get on the wagon or remain quiet for a couple of more years to see how the building is working.

I am so thrilled that we have a coach that talks noise and expects to win in the best conference in America, vs a Hootie who always talked about how hard the conference was and acted like a Music City Bowl was something we as Hog fans should be proud of.

I moved to Texas when I was 11 years old, from Ft. Smith, and went to the school in Austin that I grew up hating, but I never quit bleeding Razorback red, and I am buying what Coach B. Is selling.

Go Hogs!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Augustus on July 24, 2014, 06:16:23 pm
I'm not sure I'd put A&M in that category. I'm thinking they will be a noticeably different team now without some returning players this year?

Until Sumlin realizes that he needs some better defensive coaches, TAMU will not improve.  They have too much talent (even with those kicked off the team) on the defensive side of the ball to be that bad (kind of like Auburn).  Considering Sumlin played defense in college, I'm a bit perplexed that they are not better.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2014, 06:09:04 pm
Well, if we're discussing wardrobe, he needs to learn that his tie should reach the top of his belt.
Don't be such a hater. His tie was probably retied by the TV people to keep it from hanging down and covering his willie while he was seated.
Not too crazy about his color selection.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on July 25, 2014, 09:18:13 am
Don't be such a hater. His tie was probably retied by the TV people to keep it from hanging down and covering his willie while he was seated.
Not too crazy about his color selection.

While he's standing up, of course it covers your belt why sitting.

lefty08

Do you people really care about a tie?  thats funny
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Westcoasthog

Coach Bret Bielema beat the hell out of Bama on my birthday October 11th.  I will be at the game in Fayetteville.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 04:23:26 pm
I agree with you as far as we should be concerned but it makes him look silly to bring it up.... it is another's job.  Probably our AD or our NCAA people and they would not go public. Again sure we should be concerned if Ala is cheating but it isn't the head coaches place to bring it up on a sports show. I understand Ala had permission so it really makes him look stupid.

Bama was not cheating. They received preferential treatment by the NCAA granting them permission. In this case it is more of continued incompetence by the NCAA.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on July 26, 2014, 09:19:47 am
Do you people really care about a tie?  thats funny

About as much as I care what people say about Bielema's comments.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2014, 08:42:04 am
About as much as I care what people say about Bielema's comments.

6 pages and someone finally got it. Unfreakin Real.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

hogville38

Quote from: RandomFan on July 27, 2014, 03:17:35 pm
Um what?

First of all, no doubt ALL college coaches at the very least are aware of minor violations in their program that they don't report - but there has never to my knowledge been a reason to suspect Saban is a wanton cheater.

Second of all, don't be "that guy" , just because Saban coaches at a hated interdivision rival that we Arkansas fans are clearly at least a little jealous of is no reason to diminish his height err I mean his accomplishments. Saban isn't just a great coach, he might possibly be THE greatest coach to ever coach college football.

You don't do the image of Arkansas fans any favors when you post ignorant crap about Saban being over rated.
And he is back at it again! What is your deal? Can you not just post a damn opinion without being rude. It's like you think you are the only one that makes a statement worthy of reading. You talk all your crap about people jumping on you and you don't know why. Listen to how you talk to people.  Total disrespect. First I'm illiterate now this guy is talking ignorant.  Please just go somewhere else. So sick of you.

hogville38

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 23, 2014, 12:02:28 pm
While I agree with Bret on his Bama favoritism, I wish he would handle these things through the proper channels instead of through the media.

Win some games and your words carry some merit...right now it doesn't look well and all he has done is poke the biggest monster in the room.

It isn't smart business.

PRJ
What is he suppose todo? Kneel before Saban's feet and kiss his butt? Screw Bama and Auburn and whatever other team in the Sec. Arkansas shouldn't be afraid of any team and CBB sure as hell shouldn't.

hogville38

The fact is all you Auburn, Alabama,Osu fans etc. Should be on the Sec sports forum. Don't come on here with your bias opinions and avatars of gus proudly displayed. If you're not a Arkansas fan you don't belong in mmqb or recruiting. Do us all a favor and share your opinions on your teams board not a Razorback board. This is what causes the name calling and the hostility. 

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 05:13:50 pm
There was absolutely nothing rude about the post you quoted. Not a darned thing.

Rude =/= disagrees with your opinion.

I suggest you start thinking about your next user name.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

hogville38

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 05:13:50 pm
There was absolutely nothing rude about the post you quoted. Not a darned thing.

Rude =/= disagrees with your opinion.
rude = RandomFan

twistitup

Should CBB be calling out anybody?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 05:40:45 pm
In the preseason? Yes, why not?

Some of the funniest moments in SEC football are when one coach called out another "Can't spell Citrus without UT" is still the funniest darned thing a coach has ever said.

But if we don't win some ball games? Time to zip it.

Well... We didn't win last year after he "came here to win the SEC" - it may be a 'zip it' moment now in my opinion. He also compared his record to Saban upon arrival - c'mon man just stop already ....is what I was thinking

twistitup

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 06:10:49 pm
It's his second off season, if after 4 seasons he's still not gus us winning, then yes even in the preseason it's time to shut up.

I understand...I just wish his confidence was directed at our program not shots at other schools and coaches

870hogfan

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 06:10:49 pm
It's his second off season, if after 4 seasons he's still not gus us winning, then yes even in the preseason it's time to shut up.

Gus huh? I knew you was a Gus fan....

870hogfan

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 06:25:52 pm
Typo. Sorry

As far as Gus is concerned. I can't stand him and want him nowhere near our program.

Lol kinda figured that just had to point it out.. haha

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 08:43:09 am
I think the best course of action for Bielema is to win first, then bring up things to complain about.  When you're coming off 3-9 and you just got pilloried for your complaints about HUNH offenses, complaining about another one of your more successful rivals just sounds like excuse-making.

let's go eat

Jose's?