Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 23, 2014, 12:19:49 pm
"If you want a friend, get a dog".

Let me guess, you're single? The Bielema is way ahead of yeah.

Thought if he was gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. Oh well, to each his own.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 11:10:46 am
No I didn't. You were talking about what someone was wearing yet your avatar has someone wearing some thing that is gawd awful ugly even for a football uniform.

I'm going to share something with you Jr. There were football players before you were born.

I was being sarcastic. 
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The Hogfather

Quote from: Don Hogleone on July 23, 2014, 12:34:45 pm
From an Arkansas perspective, it was a mute point. Bama holding a camp on the last day of the dead period is not going to have much, if any affect on Arkansas' 2015 recruiting.

If we were nose to nose competing with Bama for some of the countries elite prospects, then he'd have a valid argument, but we're not and that statement shouldn't have ever voluntarily come out of his mouth publicly or at least in that particular setting. It was irrelevant to us and only made him seem petty and as one who's looking to stir the pot to draw attention. Negative attention, that if we were to go out and lay an egg against Auburn or get pummeled by them, subjugates us to even more criticism.

Moot point...

Oh no!  Not criticism!

I'm not going to try and write a long response to your post, but it seems you don't quite grasp everything there is to grasp here.  I'll leave it at that.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Don Hogleone on July 23, 2014, 12:34:45 pm
From an Arkansas perspective, it was a mute point. Bama holding a camp on the last day of the dead period is not going to have much, if any affect on Arkansas' 2015 recruiting.

If we were nose to nose competing with Bama for some of the countries elite prospects, then he'd have a valid argument, but we're not and that statement shouldn't have ever voluntarily come out of his mouth publicly or at least in that particular setting. It was irrelevant to us and only made him seem petty and as one who's looking to stir the pot to draw attention. Negative attention, that if we were to go out and lay an egg against Auburn or get pummeled by them, subjugates us to even more criticism.

Ever heard of KJ and Will Gragg among others.  Wrong yet again, unreal.

hawgsalot

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 12:11:58 pm
"Yes, please come on our airwaves to discuss other teams more, Coach."  Brilliant plan.

Every SEC coach, no matter how boring, gets a chance to do this each year, so he wasn't in danger of not getting on this show again.  It's one of the biggest platforms a 3-9 coach in any league will ever get.  Use it well.  This wasn't an example of that.  He got reactions alright.  Outside of the state of Arkansas it was mostly bemused eyerolls and the only brand he's reinforcing is one that makes excuses for failing to live up to expectations.

Now your just off the map mumbling idiotic things. He was asked a question, gave a 5 sec answer and moved on.  Quit trying to make it sound like he went on a 10 minute interview and only discussed this or bama.   Face it your wrong on this one and your own board would tell you so if your an Auburn fan and not just a gussy fan.

hawgsalot

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 12:36:22 pm

A CBB stalker how cute, guess your more worried than I gave you credit for.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 23, 2014, 12:38:13 pm
I'm going to share something with you Jr. There were football players before you were born.

I was being sarcastic. 

Did you ever stop to think that maybe I was as well......................................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Chief Mac

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 23, 2014, 12:02:28 pm
While I agree with Bret on his Bama favoritism, I wish he would handle these things through the proper channels instead of through the media.

Win some games and your words carry some merit...right now it doesn't look well and all he has done is poke the biggest monster in the room.

It isn't smart business.

PRJ

Why not poke "the biggest monster in the room"?  They beat the crap out of us the last two years, did we do something to earn those beat downs?  Nope.  I don't mind him calling a spade a spade especially when it comes to the preferential treatment of certain programs.  Better to call them out on it than sit back with mouth shut while the rich get richer.

Rest assured, had we requested a similar waiver, I have no doubt we would have been told to pound sand.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

HyperDrive

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 12:47:13 pm
Now your just off the map mumbling idiotic things. He was asked a question, gave a 5 sec answer and moved on.  Quit trying to make it sound like he went on a 10 minute interview and only discussed this or bama.   Face it your wrong on this one and your own board would tell you so if your an Auburn fan and not just a gussy fan.

Look, it's evident that some of you don't and never will get it.  So I'll just end it with this...he was asked a question about the year-round nature of the game, not a question about Alabama.  He chose to take it that direction.  I believe it was a bad choice that reinforces unflattering opinions of him outside of Razorback nation.  You disagree.  To each his own.

GolfnHog

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 11:27:43 am
Derp.  Reading is hard.  I've already said he probably has a point about special treatment.  I still say this wasn't the best use of a limited and precious resource.  And yes, it adds to the perception outside the Razorback bubble that Bielema is one to make excuses about why other teams are doing better rather than concentrating on making his team better.

Well while you'll throw out a nickname of Derp, I'll state that I didn't take time to read all your other posts before I posted. That being said, you sweet little side walk sissy, let me stress an subjective opinion of you and your opinions: Your opinion or your perception of Arkansas  is really not worth further discussion and certainly not any of your concern. Worry about the cesspool on the plains.

My reading and comprehension skills are just fine and I certainly don't need a half baked illiterate, moon pie eating, RC cola drinking mental midget from Aubbie being my tutor. Now run over over to that lil place on the plains and figure out how much toilet paper you will need to use for the upcoming season.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hawgsalot

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 12:56:56 pm
Look, it's evident that some of you don't and never will get it.  So I'll just end it with this...he was asked a question about the year-round nature of the game, not a question about Alabama.  He chose to take it that direction.  I believe it was a bad choice that reinforces unflattering opinions of him outside of Razorback nation.  You disagree.  To each his own.

LOL dang it CBB we really wanted you to flatter Bama and their little brothers fans.  Good night if you have a problem with what he said and how it flattered opposing fans then I suggest you find a different sport.  5 year old tball comes to mind.

MountieDawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 06:36:39 pm
Wrong. just because Bama cheats and gets 4 and 5 stars to sit on the bench.and beat the hell out of you. does not mean coach B should shut up about Bama cheating. this is one time i hope coach B keeps talking. just like the Old Ball coach is telling it like it is about Bama and Saban.

They didn't cheat, the NCAA gave them permission. They also got to practice a lot more last season than the hogs. if you go to  bowl game they give you permission also.
SEC!

BorderPatrol

So, you don't think his answer dealt with the question?

How, exactly, would you have answered that question?

bp

GlassofSwine

When you find a recruit that states that the dropped Arkansas from contention as a school because of this 20 second clip than you might have a point. Until that day,this is less embarrassing than the rant by Mahlzahn's wife or Saban's angry press conferences. It's such a small blip that if you asked recruits in a month most of them won't remember what you are even talking about.   

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 12:36:22 pm

I'm very well aware that he has a dog (if I'm not mistaken he and his "lovely" have more than one?). I just referring to an old saying about the matter of someone saying he needs a friend. BTW not that it's any of a 'bammer troll's business but you'd be wrong-I'm very happily married and unlike in Alabama it's NOT to anyone in my family.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 23, 2014, 09:57:13 am
I've been around Bret Bielema enough to know that if Brandon Allen got caught with a joint in his car his punishment would have been announced within a matter of a day or two. If he had been scheduled to attend SEC Media days Allen wuold have been there to explain his actions.

Gus had that chance at SEC Media Days. He could have demoted Nick Marshall, suspended him for the first half of the Arkansas game and said, If he wants his job back he'll have to earn it back. He could have brought Marshall to SEC Media Days to face the media, explain his actions and tell us what he plans to do about it.

It was a missed opportunity.

Woah... Respect.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

sportster365

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 12:43:18 pm
Ever heard of KJ and Will Gragg among others.  Wrong yet again, unreal.

Perfect example of trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. So what if Hill and Gragg attended the camp. You think if the camp was held a day after the dead period it would have made any difference on the impact of going there could have had on either of those players? Are you thinking that if only Bielema would have gotten a chance to contact them, he could have help change their minds about attending it? Let's be serious.

And by the way thanks Hogfather... moot point, and again that's all this is a moot point of little or no significance. Neither the NCAA nor any of the other 350 Div. 1 schools think much of it to be concerned about, why does he?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Don Hogleone on July 23, 2014, 02:04:33 pm
Neither the NCAA nor any of the other 350 Div. 1 schools think much of it to be concerned about, why does he?

Fact or fiction?

bp

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 23, 2014, 01:56:07 pm
I'm very well aware that he has a dog (if I'm not mistaken he and his "lovely" have more than one?). I just referring to an old saying about the matter of someone saying he needs a friend. BTW not that it's any of a 'bammer troll's business but you'd be wrong-I'm very happily married and unlike in Alabama it's NOT to anyone in my family.

You brought up the friend approach. I'd say it has more to do with bulletin board material. And yes, it's still good to sneak up on a superior force. Not standing in the open making a fuss while your opponent sights you in.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 22, 2014, 06:46:57 pm
And I guarantee you if we were to hang 70 points on someone in the SEC championship game...

Mike Slive would not be pleased if anybody hung 70 in the SECCG unless the other team had 69.  What Bielema did to Nebraska isn't going to happen in Atlanta ever to anybody by anybody. 

However Slive's quite happy with CBB's visits to ESPN.  And when the performance on the field matches the performance on camera most Arkansas fans will be equally happy.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 12:28:16 pm
I've been an Auburn fan and Bama hater longer than you've been alive.  And I'm not siding with Saban.  For the umpteenth time, I think Bielema's point was legitimate.  But for a variety of factors previously mentioned, and from a "what's good for Arkansas" perspective, it wasn't the best use of his time on ESPN. 

While I don't agree with most of your points I feel you have fairly argued them (with the exception of you bit on cheating).

Just so you know.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 23, 2014, 01:24:35 pm
So, you don't think his answer dealt with the question?

How, exactly, would you have answered that question?

bp

You certainly don't worry about how other SEC teams are going about their business. You speak about your program and if you have any fundamental instincts about psychological warfare in your approach to college football, you poor mouth your team as often as possible. You talk about how great the West is going to be again. You make it clear to anyone who will listen that it's going to be a long uphill battle for relevance in HogLand. That's the only bait you bite on through the probing cameras. It becomes your only identity with fans and media outlets.

Then I would tell my football team, in private, every single day, how special and privileged you are to be wearing the red of Arkansas. Nobody will outwork, out hit, out hustle this football team. That personal pride and complete unity of purpose on that field come Saturday will win more games than talent can contemplate. Coach Bryant would have them playing for mom and dad and everything they put a value on in life. In short fashion he would have them believing they are better than the best player they line up against. 

You know, psychological warfare.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 23, 2014, 12:42:57 pm
Moot point...

Oh no!  Not criticism!

I'm not going to try and write a long response to your post, but it seems you don't quite grasp everything there is to grasp here.  I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, "mute point" is right up there with "I could care less"

I cringe every time.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 23, 2014, 01:04:54 pm
Well while you'll throw out a nickname of Derp, I'll state that I didn't take time to read all your other posts before I posted. That being said, you sweet little side walk sissy, let me stress an subjective opinion of you and your opinions: Your opinion or your perception of Arkansas  is really not worth further discussion and certainly not any of your concern. Worry about the cesspool on the plains.

My reading and comprehension skills are just fine and I certainly don't need a half baked illiterate, moon pie eating, RC cola drinking mental midget from Aubbie being my tutor. Now run over over to that lil place on the plains and figure out how much toilet paper you will need to use for the upcoming season.

Dude...

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 02:08:21 pm
And yes, it's still good to sneak up on a superior force. Not standing in the open making a fuss while your opponent sights you in.

I have to agree with this. The big stick ideology is usually the most prudent.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 02:08:21 pm
You brought up the friend approach. I'd say it has more to do with bulletin board material. And yes, it's still good to sneak up on a superior force. Not standing in the open making a fuss while your opponent sights you in.

I can see it now, Alabama will have a huge sign in their locker room that says

Quote"For the first time in NCAA history, they gave us a two-week dead period," Bielema said. "And I don't know about you guys, but it wasn't dead. Alabama got a way that they got to have a camp, everybody else had to abide by the rules. And for 14 days, we couldn't have anybody on campus."

yeah if that doesn't get you hyped to play a football game than nothing will.

NaturalStateReb

Is Bielema right about Bama?  Probably.  I don't know how often the NCAA is handing those out, or how hard it is to get one, but Bama got something no one else did.  Whether that's from just asking or just being Bama, I don't know, although I have a gut feeling.

Is that a good outfit?  No, no it's not.  Jen--help a brother out.

The bottom line is that Bielema's not going to get an ounce of slack on anything like this until he starts to win something, right or wrong, fair or unfair.  Until then, he'll be the wrong messenger on things like this even when's he's got the right message.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The Hogfather

Quote from: GlassofSwine on July 23, 2014, 02:23:49 pm
I can see it now the Alabama players have a huge sign in their locker room that says

yeah if that doesn't get you hyped to play a football game than nothing will.

I bet they are absolutely pi$$ed!  How could you not be??

Randy Johnson

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 09:43:22 am
So you don't think he's focusing in us?  Let's see we're recruiting the same Ar kid that we can't talk to him 14days yet Bama gets to have him at a camp...hmmm seems like an unfair advantage to Bama as if they need anymore.  Bottom line it's bs and shouldn't have been allowed because it could affect us.  Well done cbb

Talking about him worried about ala....it isn't his job

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 23, 2014, 02:24:58 pm
Is Bielema right about Bama?  Probably.  I don't know how often the NCAA is handing those out, or how hard it is to get one, but Bama got something no one else did.  Whether that's from just asking or just being Bama, I don't know, although I have a gut feeling.

Is that a good outfit?  No, no it's not.  Jen--help a brother out.

The bottom line is that Bielema's not going to get an ounce of slack on anything like this until he starts to win something, right or wrong, fair or unfair.  Until then, he'll be the wrong messenger on things like this even when's he's got the right message.

Bongo!

(new Hogvilleism)
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

BorderPatrol

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 02:30:32 pm
Talking about him worried about ala....it isn't his job

Actually, it is.

bp

BorderPatrol

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 02:13:46 pm

You certainly don't worry about how other SEC teams are going about their business. You speak about your program and if you have any fundamental instincts about psychological warfare in your approach to college football, you poor mouth your team as often as possible. You talk about how great the West is going to be again. You make it clear to anyone who will listen that it's going to be a long uphill battle for relevance in HogLand. That's the only bait you bite on through the probing cameras. It becomes your only identity with fans and media outlets.

Then I would tell my football team, in private, every single day, how special and privileged you are to be wearing the red of Arkansas. Nobody will outwork, out hit, out hustle this football team. That personal pride and complete unity of purpose on that field come Saturday will win more games than talent can contemplate. Coach Bryant would have them playing for mom and dad and everything they put a value on in life. In short fashion he would have them believing they are better than the best player they line up against. 

You know, psychological warfare.

So, I take it you didn't watch. Fair enough..

bp

TUSKtimes

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 23, 2014, 02:24:58 pm

Well, he could ask for the same consideration next dead period. Then both you and Bielema could take this argument out of the realm of mythology. Man, make me king?

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 02:47:25 pm
Well, he could ask for the same consideration next dead period. Then both you and Bielema could take this argument out of the realm of mythology. Man, make me king?

Hence why I said I don't know if they got it just by being heads-up enough to ask. 

Take some time out from delivering the next pizza and get all of the context.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Wildhog

Or bring me the pizza.  I missed lunch.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 23, 2014, 02:59:12 pm

Nut shot.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 23, 2014, 02:59:12 pm
Hence why I said I don't know if they got it just by being heads-up enough to ask. 

It was the "make me king shot," right?

Bielema should get no benefit of the doubt while you take your ambiguous position. My point, he should have known and lay out the facts so we could all bask in his superior football mind. It sounded more like he was taking a few moments to entertain the troops by thinking out loud. Of course this could really be his attempt to alienate any future prospects of those insidious friendships that tend to rear their ugly heads. In that case, well played.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 23, 2014, 02:41:14 pm
Actually, it is.

bp

no his job is with the U of A and it is all he can handle

hawgsalot

Quote from: Don Hogleone on July 23, 2014, 02:04:33 pm
Perfect example of trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. So what if Hill and Gragg attended the camp. You think if the camp was held a day after the dead period it would have made any difference on the impact of going there could have had on either of those players? Are you thinking that if only Bielema would have gotten a chance to contact them, he could have help change their minds about attending it? Let's be serious.

And by the way thanks Hogfather... moot point, and again that's all this is a moot point of little or no significance. Neither the NCAA nor any of the other 350 Div. 1 schools think much of it to be concerned about, why does he?

hmmm let's see we have no recruits that we're fighting against bama, I show you two home grown ones and now your stance is it doesn't matter.  If it didn't matter why have the dead period at all or why punish those who do?  That's a horrible argument, bottom line is they allowed 1 school to not abide by a dead period, 1.  Then why have the dang thing to begin with NCAA?  The kids mindset is speculation so I'm not going there with you but you can't allow a dead period to be only semi dead without giving an advantage period.  Bet that doesn't happen again so good job CBB

BorderPatrol

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 03:57:42 pm
no his job is with the U of A and it is all he can handle

I am not going to dig in too deep here, but a couple of things....

Wouldn't you consider one of his jobs with the U of A is to ensure his players play on a level playing field?

Also, shouldn't he, in his job with the U of A, be worried about what other teams are doing? Especially teams in his own division?

bp

Randy Johnson

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 23, 2014, 04:03:11 pm

Wouldn't you consider one of his jobs with the U of A is to ensure his players play on a level playing field?

Also, shouldn't he, in his job with the U of A, be worried about what other teams are doing? Especially teams in his own division?

bp

I agree with you as far as we should be concerned but it makes him look silly to bring it up.... it is another's job.  Probably our AD or our NCAA people and they would not go public. Again sure we should be concerned if Ala is cheating but it isn't the head coaches place to bring it up on a sports show. I understand Ala had permission so it really makes him look stupid.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 04:23:26 pm
I agree with you as far as we should be concerned but it makes him look silly to bring it up.... it is another's job.  Probably our AD or our NCAA people and they would not go public. Again sure we should be concerned if Ala is cheating but it isn't the head coaches place to bring it up on a sports show. I understand Ala had permission so it really makes him look stupid.

No, he was able to show the inconsistencies of the NCAA, nothing more.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 23, 2014, 04:03:11 pm

bp

If you are going to make the implication of cheating, it won't go over well and it won't be forgotten. Alabama is going to continue to be the lightning rod for all mischievous rivals. Nothing new, can recall Mark Richt, a few years back, thought it would be a good idea to imply Bama cheats before a huge game in Athens and would spy on the Bulldog's closed practices. He even decided to give the big event a unique handle, "The blackout "

It sure was.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 04:25:49 pm
No, he was able to show the inconsistencies of the NCAA, nothing more.

Yea but the way he did it has not reflected well in the sports world..OK
On to something else....

ricepig

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 04:32:13 pm

Yea but the way he did it has not reflected well in the sports world..OK
On to something else....

Really, about the only ones crying about it are on HV, as you said, next.....

lefty08

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 04:23:26 pm

Sometimes going public is the only way to make people aware its happening. I certainly didnt know bama got s pass, and im betting not many even noticed it. He shed some 7 second light on it for the world to see, and did it.cleverly as well with a smile on his face. End of story
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Augustus

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:14:44 am
I'm an Auburn fan.  I don't have anything against Bielema.  I just know if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't want to hear Gus doing this much complaining about stuff other teams in our league are doing.  Not coming off 3-9 at least.  It makes it sound like he's trying to offer excuses as to why Arkansas struggled last year instead of just getting to work to change that.  You have a national platform to sell your program to parents and recruits and you waste time going down another rabbit trail critiquing what one of your more successful conference rivals is doing.  Makes no sense.

Just to point out though, Bielema is answering specific questions. He's not just getting on a soap box and yelling to whomever will listen.  A significant part of this is media driven: Media days, where the media was trying to drum up the same "drama" as last year; and the Car Wash, where ESPN tried to do the same thing + was asking Bielema and others about the "cheating" comments.

The media continues to beat a decomposed horse with the HUNH questions... everyone knows how Bielema, Saban, Malzahn, etc feels about it... because the Media has been asking them the same questions about it for a year now.

IMO, Bret (again, as part of answering a specific question he was asked) was justified in calling out the Bama exception.  Why impose a "dead period" if it really isn't? Saban called his students out last year for leaving games early... surely he carries enough weight to change a camp schedule by one day?  Especially for something like a NCAA "dead period."

Moreover, Bielema on Finebaum's show was asked the same question regarding cheating... and allowed the same opportunity to "complain" about the Bama exception again. To my knowledge, he didn't bring up Bama in that interview w/ Finebaum?

ricepig

Speaking of Finebaum, I've only caught a few minutes of it twice this week, but it sucks. I don't envision myself taking any time out of the day to watch it.

Augustus

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 06:58:55 pm
Speaking of Finebaum, I've only caught a few minutes of it twice this week, but it sucks. I don't envision myself taking any time out of the day to watch it.

I don't normally ever watch/listen to Finebaum, but I work from home, and left ESPNU on in the background today... just happened to catch Bielema's interview this afternoon.

Normally, I have the re-runs of the Mecum Auto Auctions on in the background   

Randy Johnson

As far as going public to gain attention to some issue, let someone else do it. We have a new coach and he needs to focus on coaching. As far as specific questions go, he will be asked about the safety thing until hell freezes over. It is the trend in not just Pro but College football. To be against the hurry up is to be against where football is right now. Another thing why in the world would you announce to the world that you don't do something in your offense. He said we don't do the hurry up. So if I'm playing Arkansas one less thing to worry about, eh. This so called calling out Bama makes him look like a cry baby. When we have a winning season then maybe I'll look at this in a new light.