Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HyperDrive

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 23, 2014, 09:33:53 am

Nice knowing you on August 1st..

Lanny's post said discussion will be about Razorback football.  "Read the rules if you can't post civil on here.  We aren't going to tolerate personal attacks on here, no namecalling ....etc."

I don't see where anything I have said here violates that.  We're discussing what Bielema said and I'm doing so in a civil manner.

Don't get me wrong...I actually think he had a point.  I don't think, for instance, Iowa State gets that same waiver from the NCAA.  And I have no love for defending Saban or Alabama.  But I also think that perception matters and this wasn't giving off a good one for people not already inclined to be in his corner and I think he wasted time on a platform where every available second should be about selling his program and his vision.

HyperDrive

Mike Irwin

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:43:44 am
The issue isn't whether he's right or not.  It's that the perception from those who don't dig into the nitty-gritty details on this stuff is that Bielema, once again, is complaining about something a more successful rival does rather than talking about his plan and his team.  You don't take precious opportunities like this on ESPN and waste it talking about other teams.  Especially given the recruiting battles Arkansas has compared to other schools in more talent-rich areas.  It was a missed opportunity.
I've been around Bret Bielema enough to know that if Brandon Allen got caught with a joint in his car his punishment would have been announced within a matter of a day or two. If he had been scheduled to attend SEC Media days Allen wuold have been there to explain his actions.

Gus had that chance at SEC Media Days. He could have demoted Nick Marshall, suspended him for the first half of the Arkansas game and said, If he wants his job back he'll have to earn it back. He could have brought Marshall to SEC Media Days to face the media, explain his actions and tell us what he plans to do about it.

It was a missed opportunity.

ricepig

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:48:08 am
Such as?

Your posts, don't you have another board to bother?

870hogfan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 23, 2014, 09:57:13 am
I've been around Bret Bielema enough to know that if Brandon Allen got caught with a joint in his car his punishment would have been announced within a matter of a day or two. If he had been scheduled to attend SEC Media days Allen wuold have been there to explain his actions.

Gus had that chance at SEC Media Days. He could have demoted Nick Marshall, suspended him for the first half of the Arkansas game and said, If he wants his job back he'll have to earn it back. He could have brought Marshall to SEC Media Days to face the media, explain his actions and tell us what he plans to do about it.

Oh snap....

LRRandy

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 23, 2014, 09:33:53 am

Nice knowing you on August 1st..
there sure are a lot of people clinging to the doomsday of Aug. 1. Will hogville suddenly turn into the land of milk and honey? Will it be all rainbows and sunshine with all the kool aide you can drink.  This has been a public forum where anyone can come in and discuss college football and the Arkansas razorbacks. A few years in the cellar and y'all now can't handle any derogatory comments about the deficiencies of your team and coach. If that's what the people that own this board want, so be it , it's their board. In this thread the Auburn fan is engaging hogville in a discussion about yet another public misstep by your head coach. Nothing more. The biggest blowup I've seen on here have been between razorback fans among each other.
This is fun, isn't it.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LRRandy on July 23, 2014, 10:19:34 am
there sure are a lot of people clinging to the doomsday of Aug. 1. Will hogville suddenly turn into the land of milk and honey? Will it be all rainbows and sunshine with all the kool aide you can drink.  This has been a public forum where anyone can come in and discuss college football and the Arkansas razorbacks. A few years in the cellar and y'all now can't handle any derogatory comments about the deficiencies of your team and coach. If that's what the people that own this board want, so be it , it's their board. In this thread the Auburn fan is engaging hogville in a discussion about yet another public misstep by your head coach. Nothing more. The biggest blowup I've seen on here have been between razorback fans among each other.

Hey...again why are you here? Are you here to antagonize and wag your little finger at us? It seems that you would be better served on a OSU board but apparently you get your kicks telling us your opinion of the team we support. Why don't you go over to that OSU board and give them your opinion on the team you support?

The Hogfather

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 08:43:09 am
I think the best course of action for Bielema is to win first, then bring up things to complain about.  When you're coming off 3-9 and you just got pilloried for your complaints about HUNH offenses, complaining about another one of your more successful rivals just sounds like excuse-making.

Who cares?  I say speak your mind at all times, be as candid as possible, ruffle feathers when you feel like it, don't ever back down from anyone.

hawgsalot

The issue isn't whether he's right or not.  It's that the perception from those who don't dig into the nitty-gritty details on this stuff is that Bielema, once again, is complaining about something a more successful rival does rather than talking about his plan and his team.  You don't take precious opportunities like this on ESPN and waste it talking about other teams.  Especially given the recruiting battles Arkansas has compared to other schools in more talent-rich areas.  It was a missed opportunity.

And you wonder why your always little brother to Bama, lol!  your on an AR board whining about an opposing coach's 10sec clip out of 10 minutes worth of round table discussion concerning the NCAA and SEC.  I tell you what why don't you go whine about Gus bringing up flopping then look like a complete hypocritical idiot by having a player flop.  I would be way more concerned about how opposing coaches use that in recruiting against you than what CBB said.  I bet they don't get a waiver next year so job well done.

Kevin

cbb is never boring!!!

he backs down to no one. i rather have that, than a coach asking for a two year pass, and saying how we are poor little arkansas.

go cbb go!!!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 23, 2014, 10:26:27 am
Who cares?  I say speak your mind at all times, be as candid as possible, ruffle feathers when you feel like it, don't ever back down from anyone.

Does that go for posters on Hogville, too?

hawgsalot

Quote from: LZH on July 23, 2014, 10:40:21 am
Does that go for posters on Hogville, too?

Those who actually have a mind yes... ;)

HyperDrive

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 23, 2014, 09:57:13 am

You're entitled to your opinion.  I'm entitled to mine which is that while it may have been instructive to make Marshall take a barrage of questions about his citation, the side effect is one person's thing overshadows everything else.  The other guys who count it an honor to be invited to represent us get the shaft and Gus missed another opportunity...to discuss all the other things important to Auburn's team.

There's merit to both approaches and downsides to both too. 

On the other hand, there's little benefit to Bielema taking another opportunity to discuss what other teams are doing but a lot of downside...especially considering the season he's coming off of and the recruiting hurdles unique to Arkansas that don't exist for other teams in the league he's competing with.

LZH

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 10:41:51 am
Those who actually have a mind yes... ;)

Ha!  Uh oh......I tossed most of mine out with the 1980's.

ricepig

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 10:45:17 am
You're entitled to your opinion.  I'm entitled to mine which is that while it may have been instructive to make Marshall take a barrage of questions about his citation, the side effect is one person's thing overshadows everything else.  The other guys who count it an honor to be invited to represent us get the shaft and Gus missed another opportunity...to discuss all the other things important to Auburn's team.

On the other hand, there's little benefit to Bielema taking another opportunity to discuss what other teams are doing but a lot of downside...especially considering the season he's coming off of and the recruiting hurdles unique to Arkansas that don't exist for other teams in the league he's competing with.

What recruiting hurdles, not enough cash as the others? It seems that you are one of the main ones taking umbrage to his remarks, I think it hit home.

HyperDrive

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 10:28:52 am
And you wonder why your always little brother to Bama, lol!  your on an AR board whining about an opposing coach's 10sec clip out of 10 minutes worth of round table discussion concerning the NCAA and SEC.  I tell you what why don't you go whine about Gus bringing up flopping then look like a complete hypocritical idiot by having a player flop.  I would be way more concerned about how opposing coaches use that in recruiting against you than what CBB said.  I bet they don't get a waiver next year so job well done.

Not whining about anything.  It doesn't affect me or Auburn.  I'm just discussing.  I believe Arkansas and Bielema need to be using opportunities like this on a national platform like ESPN to talk about what his plan is for Arkansas and why it's a great place to come play.  Every second talking about another program is robbing Arkansas of good pub.  When you add to it the perception that comes with it being yet another thing he's whining about his rivals doing while coming off an unsuccessful season, to those not predisposed to agreeing with him it sounds like excuses.  And that's never an attractive look for a football coach.  The same complaint could have been made directly to the NCAA and league office, or in an interview with the ADG later and not squandered precious screen time on ESPN.

HyperDrive

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 10:48:21 am
What recruiting hurdles, not enough cash as the others? It seems that you are one of the main ones taking umbrage to his remarks, I think it hit home.

First of all, disabuse yourself of the notion that Arkansas and their boosters are pure and noble while virtually everyone doing better than you cheats.  Or that you cheat in minor ways while all the teams ahead of you cheat their asses off.  You are not measurably any better or worse than any other major college football program.

Second, how does it "hit home?"  I said I think the substance of what he said had merit.  I think Bama got a waiver that some other schools likely would not have.  On the other hand, it was one day.  I hardly think it gave them a real leg up on anyone.

Third, the recruiting hurdles are that your state doesn't produce nearly as much SEC level talent year to year that the states your rivals are from or next to do.  And the surrounding states that do produce a lot of talent are big competition for their signatures and they have the home turf advantage.  And those are things that are a given every year.  It doesn't even take into account the recent on-the-field results.

Not everything that's said by a rival is antagonistic.  I'm just pointing out that any team coming off a 3-9 year in this division that's not in a fertile recruiting area should think deeply about how and when to discuss things other than themselves and what makes their school and program a place for recruits to strongly consider.

LZH

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 10:48:40 am
Not whining about anything.  It doesn't affect me or Auburn.  I'm just discussing.  I believe Arkansas and Bielema need to be using opportunities like this on a national platform like ESPN to talk about what his plan is for Arkansas and why it's a great place to come play.  Every second talking about another program is robbing Arkansas of good pub.  When you add to it the perception that comes with it being yet another thing he's whining about his rivals doing while coming off an unsuccessful season, to those not predisposed to agreeing with him it sounds like excuses.  And that's never an attractive look for a football coach.  The same complaint could have been made directly to the NCAA and league office, or in an interview with the ADG later and not squandered precious screen time on ESPN.

I can say in all thoroughness that short of putting his foot into his mouth, having a coach with some personality is refreshing.  Now think about it for a minute, we've endured interviews and clips and snippets and quotes from Petrino (coarse and monotone), Nutt (aggrandize much?), Ford (eternal pessimist), Crowe (who?), and Hatfield (wonderful man but dull) since we've had a coach with some honest-to-God spice and wit (Holtz).  I've said from the beginning that BB's mouth is gonna get him into trouble, but as long as he sticks to football-related quips like this he may prove me wrong after all.

It was nothing, trust me.

LRRandy

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 23, 2014, 10:23:47 am
Hey...again why are you here? Are you here to antagonize and wag your little finger at us? It seems that you would be better served on a OSU board but apparently you get your kicks telling us your opinion of the team we support. Why don't you go over to that OSU board and give them your opinion on the team you support?
i go to tOSU boards daily. I'm here because I'm immersed in hog nation. Living here since '88. Wife of 23 years attended UofA and oldest son is about to attend. I love college football and have attended many razorback games, on the hill at WMS, away and bowl games. So I'm  surrounded by and  love ( most of) the great people of Arkansas. I come here because I respect the opinion of many that post on here. Some though make me laugh. Some really make me shake my head. But all in all it's a really good board. But it is just a message board.
This is fun, isn't it.

hawgsalot

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 10:48:40 am

So he didn't pump up the university and his plan?  You honestly believe that us having a coach that has enough balls to say something about it won't help you next year when they don't get a waiver.  Heck if anything you should be happy because he has the balls to do what your coach wouldn't do.  There will not be a waiver next year, your welcome for benefiting off CBBs 5 secs of a 10min conversation

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 10:45:17 am

Hyper, your pic of St. Gus says it all. Why don't you take your love and passion over to the AWbarn board and leave us in peace?

hawgsalot

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 10:54:34 am
First of all, disabuse yourself of the notion that Arkansas and their boosters are pure and noble while virtually everyone doing better than you cheats.  Or that you cheat in minor ways while all the teams ahead of you cheat their asses off.  You are not measurably any better or worse than any other major college football program.

Second, how does it "hit home?"  I said I think the substance of what he said had merit.  I think Bama got a waiver that some other schools likely would not have.  On the other hand, it was one day.  I hardly think it gave them a real leg up on anyone.

Third, the recruiting hurdles are that your state doesn't produce nearly as much SEC level talent year to year that the states your rivals are from or next to do.  And the surrounding states that do produce a lot of talent are big competition for their signatures and they have the home turf advantage.  And those are things that are a given every year.  It doesn't even take into account the recent on-the-field results.

Not everything that's said by a rival is antagonistic.  I'm just pointing out that any team coming off a 3-9 year in this division that's not in a fertile recruiting area should think deeply about how and when to discuss things other than themselves and what makes their school and program a place for recruits to strongly consider.

How cute an Aubbie guy telling us we cheat too...That's classic coming from the all time great.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 23, 2014, 07:18:41 am
You missed Junior.

No I didn't. You were talking about what someone was wearing yet your avatar has someone wearing some thing that is gawd awful ugly even for a football uniform.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

July 23, 2014, 11:12:43 am #173 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:23:13 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: LRRandy on July 23, 2014, 11:00:40 am
i go to tOSU boards daily. I'm here because I'm immersed in hog nation. Living here since '88. Wife of 23 years attended UofA and oldest son is about to attend. I love college football and have attended many razorback games, on the hill at WMS, away and bowl games. So I'm  surrounded by and  love ( most of) the great people of Arkansas. I come here because I respect the opinion of many that post on here. Some though make me laugh. Some really make me shake my head. But all in all it's a really good board. But it is just a message board.

And EVERYONE shakes their head side to side when you post.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

chitwnhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 11:12:43 am
And EVERYONE shakes their head side to side when you post.

He doesn't care. This guy really likes pointing out how superior he believes himself to be and how inferior he believes we are.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:47:30 am
Lanny's post said discussion will be about Razorback football.  "Read the rules if you can't post civil on here.  We aren't going to tolerate personal attacks on here, no namecalling ....etc."

I don't see where anything I have said here violates that.  We're discussing what Bielema said and I'm doing so in a civil manner.

Don't get me wrong...I actually think he had a point.  I don't think, for instance, Iowa State gets that same waiver from the NCAA.  And I have no love for defending Saban or Alabama.  But I also think that perception matters and this wasn't giving off a good one for people not already inclined to be in his corner and I think he wasted time on a platform where every available second should be about selling his program and his vision.

Oh really. I believe we both have been a little rude and uncivil to each other so yes you have violated that. So have I. When August 1 gets here then I will refrain. We are always given a little latitude during the offseason. Once practice starts there is always less tolerance. 

GolfnHog

The missed opportunity was you not taking the opportunity to stay on your board.  Bottom line, it's a man that is detailed oriented and brought up a point that was "tongue in cheek" about how the dead period is only for those that don't ask for an exception; albeit one day.

His comment was probably agreed upon by many other D1 coaches and staffs that were required to "honor" the dead period rule but Bama exercised a loop hole or technicality to get around that mandated period.

Do you in honestly believe that if 25 other schools that wanted camps on the last day of the dead period asked, they'd receive permission? I'll answer that, no, because then the NCAA would have flexed its dysfunctional skill sets in rule making and told EVERYONE it's the rule and abide by it for one more day.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HyperDrive

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 11:02:04 am
So he didn't pump up the university and his plan?

Not in the time he and the panel spent discussing what Alabama's doing.

QuoteYou honestly believe that us having a coach that has enough balls to say something about it won't help you next year when they don't get a waiver.

Nothing wrong with having the balls to say things.  Where and when you say it is important though.  The most important eyeballs and ears are those that belong to recruits, their parents and their coaches.  I just think ESPN screen time like that is too precious to squander discussing other teams if you don't have to.

And there's nothing that says a word he said will change whether Bama or some other schools gets the next waiver to start a camp one day early.  It was a minor he chose to devote major valuable screen time to.

QuoteHeck if anything you should be happy because he has the balls to do what your coach wouldn't do.  There will not be a waiver next year, your welcome for benefiting off CBBs 5 secs of a 10min conversation

Sure, it benefits us indirectly that Bielema chose not to discuss his program more.  But there's zilch to prove that he made as much difference as a fart in a hurricane with regard to anyone getting a similar waiver in the future.

HyperDrive

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 23, 2014, 11:25:14 am
The missed opportunity was you not taking the opportunity to stay on your board.  Bottom line, it's a man that is detailed oriented and brought up a point that was "tongue in cheek" about how the dead period is only for those that don't ask for an exception; albeit one day.

His comment was probably agreed upon by many other D1 coaches and staffs that were required to "honor" the dead period rule but Bama exercised a loop hole or technicality to get around that mandated period.

Do you in honestly believe that if 25 other schools that wanted camps on the last day of the dead period asked, they'd receive permission? I'll answer that, no, because then the NCAA would have flexed its dysfunctional skill sets in rule making and told EVERYONE it's the rule and abide by it for one more day.

Derp.  Reading is hard.  I've already said he probably has a point about special treatment.  I still say this wasn't the best use of a limited and precious resource.  And yes, it adds to the perception outside the Razorback bubble that Bielema is one to make excuses about why other teams are doing better rather than concentrating on making his team better.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 11:22:34 am
Oh really. I believe we both have been a little rude and uncivil to each other so yes you have violated that. So have I. When August 1 gets here then I will refrain. We are always given a little latitude during the offseason. Once practice starts there is always less tolerance.

Um...that was on the SEC Sports board.  Lanny's comments were regarding the MMQB board. 

LZH

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 11:27:43 amI still say this wasn't the best use of a limited and precious resource.

I'll give you the 3-9 angle, but do you not think that his little shot at Alabama had everyone watching that nodding their head?  And wouldn't you think that a couple of 4* kids saw that and got a kick out of it, too?  Isn't that a pretty good use of a limited and precious resource?

Probably alot more so than "we're gonna get better".

HyperDrive

Quote from: LZH on July 23, 2014, 11:31:21 am
I'll give you the 3-9 angle, but do you not think that his little shot at Alabama had everyone watching that nodding their head? 

I think some other coaches and fans of other schools liked it.  Hell, I liked it devoid of context.  As I said, his point had merit.

QuoteAnd wouldn't you think that a couple of 4* kids saw that and got a kick out of it, too? 

Not a chance.  I don't think any major recruit out there gave one crap about it.  In fact, I think it's much more likely that any 4 or 5* out there considering Arkansas among other schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or A&M viewed it at least mildly negative about him.

QuoteProbably alot more so than "we're gonna get better".

You can talk about your plan for Arkansas in much more concrete and confidence-inspiring ways than "we're gonna get better."

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 06:56:18 pm
Your disdain for the state of the program blinds you so completely that you cannot see a simple fact that is staring you straight in the face.

Who in the world DOES want to talk to someone who comes across as a completely illogical blowhard who does nothing but stuff on everyone else's day?

You bring it upon yourself, man. I'll be glad when they boot your crumudgeony old ass off here.

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 06:56:18 pm
Your disdain for the state of the program blinds you so completely that you cannot see a simple fact that is staring you straight in the face.

Who in the world DOES want to talk to someone who comes across as a completely illogical blowhard who does nothing but stuff on everyone else's day?

You bring it upon yourself, man. I'll be glad when they boot your crumudgeony old ass off here.
So let it be written. So let it be done. With more heads to follow.

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

TUSKtimes

On the positive side, Bielema has finally accomplished something he felt was important in the SEC that we can all agree with. He definitely has no friends.

three hog night

Bielema was dealing with issues that are truly a problem that Bama can get away with a camp.  I am glad he is willing to deal with tough issues.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

ricepig

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 11:36:15 am
I think some other coaches and fans of other schools liked it.  Hell, I liked it devoid of context.  As I said, his point had merit.

Not a chance.  I don't think any major recruit out there gave one crap about it.  In fact, I think it's much more likely that any 4 or 5* out there considering Arkansas among other schools like Bama, LSU, Auburn or A&M viewed it at least mildly negative about him.

You can talk about your plan for Arkansas in much more concrete and confidence-inspiring ways than "we're gonna get better."

Thank you for your opinion on it, we've read it thirtyeleven times already in this thread, I believe that is one of the "points" made by the Mods as poking the bear, or in this case, the Hogs. You've said your piece, now run along, or they will consider you a Troll, name calling or not.

hawgsalot

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 11:36:15 am

Well sir I'm not going to answer that question instead I'm going to discuss how we are working hard building from lines out blah blah blah.  Yeah and your not invited for another interview.

The fallacy of your whole pathetic argument is that I promise you right now the phone is ringing off the hook for more interviews.  More interviews allow him to do the very thing you say he should and reach even more people.  I know you aubbie boys think your bright but in marketing sometimes it's designed to get reactions and more face time which indeed allow you to talk more about your brand.

hellwonthaveme

While I agree with Bret on his Bama favoritism, I wish he would handle these things through the proper channels instead of through the media.

Win some games and your words carry some merit...right now it doesn't look well and all he has done is poke the biggest monster in the room.

It isn't smart business.

PRJ

Paul

Quote from: MissippHog on July 23, 2014, 07:59:24 am
Hard to believe that anyone would be upset with what CBB said.  The man speaks his mind and doesn't give you half-truths nor does he beat around the bush.  It's one of my favorite traits of his.  And there's something I think a few of you need to understand.  CBB doesn't give a damn that we went 0-fer last year.  I truly believe that in his heart he feels we can be the best team in the SEC.  He feels that we deserve our spot at the table just like anyone else.  Give the man a little time and he'll get us there.  WPS!
what he said

HyperDrive

Quote from: hawgsalot on July 23, 2014, 11:57:11 am
The fallacy of your whole pathetic argument is that I promise you right now the phone is ringing off the hook for more interviews.  More interviews allow him to do the very thing you say he should and reach even more people.  I know you aubbie boys think your bright but in marketing sometimes it's designed to get reactions and more face time which indeed allow you to talk more about your brand.

"Yes, please come on our airwaves to discuss other teams more, Coach."  Brilliant plan.

Every SEC coach, no matter how boring, gets a chance to do this each year, so he wasn't in danger of not getting on this show again.  It's one of the biggest platforms a 3-9 coach in any league will ever get.  Use it well.  This wasn't an example of that.  He got reactions alright.  Outside of the state of Arkansas it was mostly bemused eyerolls and the only brand he's reinforcing is one that makes excuses for failing to live up to expectations.

HyperDrive

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 11:54:29 am
Thank you for your opinion on it, we've read it thirtyeleven times already in this thread, I believe that is one of the "points" made by the Mods as poking the bear, or in this case, the Hogs. You've said your piece, now run along, or they will consider you a Troll, name calling or not.

I'm simply responding to people who respond to me.  No one's got a gun to your head forcing you to not skim past my posts on it.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: rice

pig link=topic=570624.msg9084263#msg9084263 date=1406125225

I'm talking about when he was standing up for his "photo" shot. I really don't care, I figured a "good" fashion thread made as much sense as this one.

On this we agree
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The Hogfather

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 23, 2014, 12:02:28 pm
While I agree with Bret on his Bama favoritism, I wish he would handle these things through the proper channels instead of through the media.

Win some games and your words carry some merit...right now it doesn't look well and all he has done is poke the biggest monster in the room.

It isn't smart business.

PRJ

It is great business.  It isn't like they are now going to beat us even worse because of what he said.  They beat us 52-0 last season.

I LOVE the fact that he's candid and not afraid to say what he feels at ANY time.  As someone else said, it is one of my favorite things about him.

Why in the hell would you want our football program leader to lay down and take whatever happens?  He is setting the tone for this team and our program.  Don't back down from ANYBODY.

LZH

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 12:13:41 pm
I'm simply responding to people who respond to me.  No one's got a gun to your head forcing you to not skim past my posts on it.

To be fair, that is a skill that too many on here have yet to acquire.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 11:25:43 am
Nothing wrong with having the balls to say things.  Where and when you say it is important though

You should read and take heed of your own post............................

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: TUSKtimes on July 23, 2014, 11:39:36 am
On the positive side, Bielema has finally accomplished something he felt was important in the SEC that we can all agree with. He definitely has no friends.
"If you want a friend, get a dog".

The Galloping Ghost

You given yourself away to those  in the know. You're obviously a bandwagon AU fan. You aaren't true blue though. There is NO WAY in hades that a true AU fan would speak against ANY other coach calling little knee high out. I've spent much time in Alabama. I know what I speak of. You're just trolling to troll. A real AU fan would side with Lucifer before he would Saban.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 23, 2014, 12:21:12 pm
You given yourself away to those  in the know. You're obviously a bandwagon AU fan. You aaren't true blue though. There is NO WAY in hades that a true AU fan would speak against ANY other coach calling little knee high out. I've spent much time in Alabama. I know what I speak of. You're just trolling to troll. A real AU fan would side with Lucifer before he would Saban.

I wish I had thought of that! You outed him bigtime.

HyperDrive

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 23, 2014, 12:21:12 pm

I've been an Auburn fan and Bama hater longer than you've been alive.  And I'm not siding with Saban.  For the umpteenth time, I think Bielema's point was legitimate.  But for a variety of factors previously mentioned, and from a "what's good for Arkansas" perspective, it wasn't the best use of his time on ESPN. 

sportster365

From an Arkansas perspective, it was a mute point. Bama holding a camp on the last day of the dead period is not going to have much, if any affect on Arkansas' 2015 recruiting.

If we were nose to nose competing with Bama for some of the countries elite prospects, then he'd have a valid argument, but we're not and that statement shouldn't have ever voluntarily come out of his mouth publicly or at least in that particular setting. It was irrelevant to us and only made him seem petty and as one who's looking to stir the pot to draw attention. Negative attention, that if we were to go out and lay an egg against Auburn or get pummeled by them, subjugates us to even more criticism.