Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghiker

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 11:01:31 pm
Bama asked.   If you don't ask then you don't get.
Maybe they should ask for an extra down on their first, sixth and seventh possession. 6 point field goal, if they miss their first try. Rules. Not really.

footballfan

Quote from: hoghiker on July 22, 2014, 11:15:41 pm
Maybe they should ask for an extra down on their first, sixth and seventh possession. 6 point field goal, if they miss their first try. Rules. Not really.

Cause that's the same as starting a dang camp one day earlier right? I don't know what's more embarrassing, CBB complaining about that or our fans believing thats why they've kicked our butt.

chitwnhog

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:19:00 pm....
Cause that's the same as starting a dang camp one day earlier right? I don't know what's more embarrassing, CBB complaining about that or our fans believing thats why they've kicked our butt.

Ahhhh...has anyone here postulated the idea that Bama and Saban have "kicked our butt" because they were allowed to start a camp one day earlier? Guess I missed those posts. I think the gist here is that the NCAA will cow-tow and give extra leeway to programs like Bama.

The Boar War

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:11:24 pm
So Bama and Saban are getting those 4 and 5 stars because they got to start thier camp ONE day earlier than normal? Really? THAT'S the grand secret/conspiracy? Jesus Christ some of y'all are just looney. Instead of CBB complaining about that one day, I would rather him be buried in a film room trying to figure out how to beat those guys- you know like Saban does and where he gets his real advantage.

Congratulations.  That's a beautiful straw man you've created.

Augustus

So Bama and Saban are getting those 4 and 5 stars because they got to start thier camp ONE day earlier than normal? Really? THAT'S the grand secret/conspiracy? Jesus Christ some of y'all are just looney. Instead of CBB complaining about that one day, I would rather him be buried in a film room trying to figure out how to beat those guys- you know like Saban does and where he gets his real advantage.

Um... Saban was at ESPN Studios the same day Bielema was?

Are you suggesting Bielema should have told ESPN: "no thanks, I don't want to show up when you have other SEC coaches hosted on Television, and let's talk about not only College Football, but My program specifically... I need to be reviewing game film"? ? ?

Hogpkins

Quote from: sickboy on July 22, 2014, 06:30:25 pm
Yeah!!! This is baloney. Who dresses like that, honestly? I mean, you guys are right... his tie doesn't even look like it falls the appropriate length, which is definitely to the middle of the belt. And jeeze... who is his tailor, y'all? There is is entirely too much material in those arms, if you ask me. And ughhh. His fingernails look awful. Probably a biter.

I don't know, y'all. We're probably gonna lose some football games with this guy on the sidelines. I blame Jeff Long. He could have hired ten other coaches out there who aren't stuck in last seasons catalog.

Hilarious

chitwnhog

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 11:34:35 pm
Um... Saban was at ESPN Studios the same day Bielema was?

Are you suggesting Bielema should have told ESPN: "no thanks, I don't want to show up when you have other SEC coaches hosted on Television, and let's talk about not only College Football, but My program specifically... I need to be reviewing game film"? ? ?

Nah man...ya see there is a faction among us who if Bielema does "A" they will complain that he should have done "B" and if he chose "B" he should have done "A".

Augustus

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:19:00 pm

It's about the rule. Plain & simple. If the NCAA imposes a "dead period," it SHOULD BE A DEAD PERIOD. No waivers, no exceptions.

Or... why set the "rule" in the first place?

This isn't hard.

Augustus

NM, DawgTown... it's been a LONG day  :)

Sorry about that

Hogpkins

chitwnhog

chitwnhog

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 11:42:49 pm
NM, DawgTown... it's been a LONG day  :)

Sorry about that

Word...

footballfan

Quote from: The Boar War on July 22, 2014, 11:23:58 pm
Congratulations.  That's a beautiful straw man you've created.

Not really. Its the only evidence that has been put forth on this board of bama getting all this leeway from the ncaa. I'm not building a strawman. I'm simply engaging the only evidence any of the loonier people here have put forth.

Now, CBB should spend more time in the film room and less time complaining so football season won't suck so bad this year.

footballfan

Quote from: Augustus on July 22, 2014, 11:38:12 pm
It's about the rule. Plain & simple. If the NCAA imposes a "dead period," it SHOULD BE A DEAD PERIOD. No waivers, no exceptions.

Or... why set the "rule" in the first place?

This isn't hard.

There are literally hundreds of secondary violations that all schools commit ie "breaking rules" that the ncaa doesn't really think are a big deal. Get a little perspective.

chitwnhog

[/quote]
Quote from: footballfan on July 23, 2014, 12:15:37 am
Not really. Its the only evidence that has been put forth on this board of bama getting all this leeway from the ncaa. I'm not building a strawman. I'm simply engaging the only evidence any of the loonier people here have put forth.

Now, CBB should spend more time in the film room and less time complaining so football season won't suck so bad this year.

There has been more evidence put forward on this board just not in this thread. The subject of this thread is about what happened recently not what has happened previously and continues to happen. You keep on keepin' on.

Westcoasthog

My hats of to Coach Bret Bielema - he spoke the truth about Nick Saban and
Alabama.  Coach Bret Bielema put CLOROX IN THE TIDE AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ALABAMA OCTOBER 11, 2014 ON MY BIRTHDAY.  I WILL BE AT THE HISTORICAL GAME IN FAYETTEVILLE.   

870hogfan

Very glad Coach B is the Hogs coach. Pretty sad some of our own fan base won't even stand behind him and call him names...

lefty08

If anybody actually watched the video it was clear he was saying that in a joking matter. Its just another case of somebody picking out a small morsel of what was said and making it appear it was something that it was not. Words can always be twisted to mean whatever fits the agenda when taken out of context

As far as his wardrobe goes....I guess im the only one who is glad we have a football coach that looks better in a hoodie than in a suit and tie.  Its football people! And BB is a normal guy who gives 2 squats about the GQ dancing ball. The man coaches football. Anybody ever noticed how ridiculous players look at the NFL draft?  Im seeing a trend here, and our coach fits the bill.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 22, 2014, 06:06:19 pm
I don't care about the comment, but will someone PLEASE help me with CBB's wardrobe...

It looks like his electricity was out and he just started grabbing stuff!

So does your avatar. Some of you will find ANYTHING to complain about with our coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BorderPatrol

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 22, 2014, 08:31:11 pm
The August 1 timeline does not bother me. my feelings on Bama and Saban , are well known here. and have been for years. if im gone off this board as of  August 1, so be it. i am not going to beg to be on any board. or sunshine pump everything to be on. my opinion will get out if i have to start calling the talk shows again.or even start my old board up again. the old Pig Talk show may be making a comeback.

Joe, I have asked you this MANY times, but have not received an answer.

WHY, IN THAT LITTLE BRAIN OF YOURS, IT IS OK FOR YOU TO BASH SABAN, BUT YOU ARE ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY WHEN IT COMES TO SOMEONE BASHING OTHER COACHES, SUCH AS GUS?

bp

Pork Twain

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2014, 06:09:04 pm
Well, if we're discussing wardrobe, he needs to learn that his tie should reach the top of his belt.
To be fair, he is sitting down.

What he said was 100% factual though.  NCAA is a sham
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

As for BBs clothing, its about the only thing we got in common.  Makes me feel like I can dress like a rich man.  Maybe he should inquire of his wife to pick out his Duds and fit them to his body.

As for Saban, Nick uses every opportunity he can find to gain any advantage he can over everyone he can.  A day here and there can't hurt and might help.  I bet its legal and he got his wish.  Shouldn't have been allowed in my opinion. 

Greyhands

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/22/bielema-calls-out-bama-camp-espn/

Well crap hes right , everyone is going to bash him for it watch. But he is 100% correct all the other D1 schools have to follow the same rule but Bama doesnt ? total BS piss on them.

MJ2

I would be okay if he would just coach football.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 06:42:15 am
So does your avatar. Some of you will find ANYTHING to complain about with our coach.

You missed Junior.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Randy Johnson

i think he needs to focus on us

The Boar War

Quote from: footballfan on July 23, 2014, 12:15:37 am

That is the straw man.  The argument goes from CBB apparently whining to being a bad coach because he doesn't spend enough time in the film room.  An argument that isn't based on facts, one that doesn't relate to the discussion at hand, and one that you created all by yourself to take another small shot at OUR coach.

Pork Twain

You guys are right, when on television shows, CBB showed only discuss the Hogs.  Good call.
/sarcasm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

forrest city joe

Yea like Saban did against Auburn and OU, when they kicked his team up and down the field?

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on July 23, 2014, 06:38:14 am
If anybody actually watched the video it was clear he was saying that in a joking matter.

^^^^

Even though it would be more entertaining if we weren't coming off a 9-loss season, I certainly don't mind a little saber rattling if done with some humor.  I think we'll live.

Yes, I did just say that....hooray for me.

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 06:42:15 am
Some of you will find ANYTHING to complain about with our coach.

Some of us can't find the sarcasm button.

MissippHog

Hard to believe that anyone would be upset with what CBB said.  The man speaks his mind and doesn't give you half-truths nor does he beat around the bush.  It's one of my favorite traits of his.  And there's something I think a few of you need to understand.  CBB doesn't give a damn that we went 0-fer last year.  I truly believe that in his heart he feels we can be the best team in the SEC.  He feels that we deserve our spot at the table just like anyone else.  Give the man a little time and he'll get us there.  WPS!

chitwnhog

Quote from: LZH on July 23, 2014, 07:57:48 am
Some of us can't find the sarcasm button.

I think Doug took that away from us because some were using it incorrectly. This is why we can't have nice things.

LZH

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 23, 2014, 08:00:48 am
I think Doug took that away from us because some were using it incorrectly. This is why we can't have nice things.

I find it much more enjoyably irritating, anyway.  It works if you work it.

chitwnhog

Quote from: LZH on July 23, 2014, 08:02:38 am
I find it much more enjoyably irritating, anyway.  It works if you work it.

True that...

The Hogfather

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 22, 2014, 10:25:13 pm
Like it or not, the NCAA gave permission for this event.

WE KNOW THAT!  THAT'S THE ISSUE.  THE NCAA IS AIDING BAMA IN GAINING ADVANTAGES THAT OTHER SCHOOLS CAN'T GET.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HyperDrive

I think the best course of action for Bielema is to win first, then bring up things to complain about.  When you're coming off 3-9 and you just got pilloried for your complaints about HUNH offenses, complaining about another one of your more successful rivals just sounds like excuse-making.

LZH

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 08:43:09 am
I think the best course of action for Bielema is to win first, then bring up things to complain about.  When you're coming off 3-9 and you just got pilloried for your complaints about HUNH offenses, complaining about another one of your more successful rivals just sounds like excuse-making.

In this case, at least he does it with a little wit and bonhomie....it comes off as a good-natured jab more than anything.  And it has to be pretty benign for ME to say that.

MuskogeeHogFan

Well of course you do. Your avatar pretty much says it all when it comes to your opinions regarding Bielema.
Go Hogs Go!

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 22, 2014, 07:36:40 pm
Guess I should've put a smiley face at the end of my comments.

I still have trouble with thr gray jacket and tan pants

I'm no fashion expert; quite the opposite. But seems like a navy blazer would have been a much better choice.

hoghiker

Quote from: footballfan on July 22, 2014, 11:19:00 pm
The correlation between the butt kicking  and the camp is in your head. Not mine. How do you have a camp with prospects during a dead period? I guess you just ask, right. Small matter but it does point toward how obtuse the NCAA folks can be.

HyperDrive

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 23, 2014, 08:58:10 am
Well of course you do. Your avatar pretty much says it all when it comes to your opinions regarding Bielema.

I'm an Auburn fan.  I don't have anything against Bielema.  I just know if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't want to hear Gus doing this much complaining about stuff other teams in our league are doing.  Not coming off 3-9 at least.  It makes it sound like he's trying to offer excuses as to why Arkansas struggled last year instead of just getting to work to change that.  You have a national platform to sell your program to parents and recruits and you waste time going down another rabbit trail critiquing what one of your more successful conference rivals is doing.  Makes no sense.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 23, 2014, 08:16:53 am
WE KNOW THAT!  THAT'S THE ISSUE.  THE NCAA IS AIDING BAMA IN GAINING ADVANTAGES THAT OTHER SCHOOLS CAN'T GET.
Bingo. why make a rule if Bama can come to you and say we don't like this rule, so we want you to let us do what we want. and the NCAA did it. are you freaking kidding me? this is an outrage.

ricepig

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 23, 2014, 06:51:58 am
To be fair, he is sitting down.

What he said was 100% factual though.  NCAA is a sham

I'm talking about when he was standing up for his "photo" shot. I really don't care, I figured a "good" fashion thread made as much sense as this one.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:14:44 am
I'm an Auburn fan.  I don't have anything against Bielema.  I just know if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't want to hear Gus doing this much complaining about stuff other teams in our league are doing.  Not coming off 3-9 at least.  It makes it sound like he's trying to offer excuses as to why Arkansas struggled last year instead of just getting to work to change that.  You have a national platform to sell your program to parents and recruits and you waste time going down another rabbit trail critiquing what one of your more successful conference rivals is doing.  Makes no sense.
You are assuming a lot here.

870hogfan

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 23, 2014, 09:14:44 am

Nice knowing you on August 1st..

forrest city joe

Pure BS. he's telling the truth about Bama and the special treatment they get from the NCAA.

hawgsalot

Quote from: RazorWorld on July 23, 2014, 07:19:50 am
i think he needs to focus on us

So you don't think he's focusing in us?  Let's see we're recruiting the same Ar kid that we can't talk to him 14days yet Bama gets to have him at a camp...hmmm seems like an unfair advantage to Bama as if they need anymore.  Bottom line it's bs and shouldn't have been allowed because it could affect us.  Well done cbb

HyperDrive

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 23, 2014, 09:41:00 am
Pure BS. he's telling the truth about Bama and the special treatment they get from the NCAA.

The issue isn't whether he's right or not.  It's that the perception from those who don't dig into the nitty-gritty details on this stuff is that Bielema, once again, is complaining about something a more successful rival does rather than talking about his plan and his team.  You don't take precious opportunities like this on ESPN and waste it talking about other teams.  Especially given the recruiting battles Arkansas has compared to other schools in more talent-rich areas.  It was a missed opportunity.