Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB calls out Bama

Started by DallasHogFan, July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

The Galloping Ghost

I don't care about the comment, but will someone PLEASE help me with CBB's wardrobe...

It looks like his electricity was out and he just started grabbing stuff!
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

ricepig

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on July 22, 2014, 06:06:19 pm
I don't care about the comment, but will someone PLEASE help me with CBB's wardrobe...

It looks like his electricity was out and he just started grabbing stuff!

Well, if we're discussing wardrobe, he needs to learn that his tie should reach the top of his belt.

arkfan81

Saw the entire segment. That was just a small piece. On the show all three coaches seemed to be enjoying one another and time spent on show
Have faith...

chitwnhog

Don't think he called out Bama. Seems to me he called out the NCAA. Had a "lesser" program asked for this special disposition they most likely would have said no.

forrest city joe

Quote from: DallasHogFan on July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jul/22/bielema-calls-out-bama-camp-espn/

Coach B is 100% right. they got away with that, just like they get away with every thing. hats off to coach B for having the guts to say it. Saban is an overrated cheater.

sickboy

Yeah!!! This is baloney. Who dresses like that, honestly? I mean, you guys are right... his tie doesn't even look like it falls the appropriate length, which is definitely to the middle of the belt. And jeeze... who is his tailor, y'all? There is is entirely too much material in those arms, if you ask me. And ughhh. His fingernails look awful. Probably a biter.

I don't know, y'all. We're probably gonna lose some football games with this guy on the sidelines. I blame Jeff Long. He could have hired ten other coaches out there who aren't stuck in last seasons catalog.

hogcard1964

Oh boy, I can't wait for our matchup with Bama.   ???

HogFanatic

Hilarious. It wasn't even two days ago that we had a heated argument on here about how Bama gets preferential treatment.

The same folks that were saying "show facts", are going to be the ones that now say, "until you can compete with them, shut up."

It's hard to compete with a team that has the rules bent in their favor every damn step of the way. It's egregious.

You know WHY Alabama was granted the "waiver?" Because as I said in the other thread, Saban's buddy Mike Slive literally threatens the NCAA with secession (is that the right word here) every damn year on behalf of his beloved SEC, and by extension, Alabama

It's got to stop.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 06:27:35 pm
Until you can come closer than 52-0 I think I would not say anything about Bama
Wrong. just because Bama cheats and gets 4 and 5 stars to sit on the bench.and beat the hell out of you. does not mean coach B should shut up about Bama cheating. this is one time i hope coach B keeps talking. just like the Old Ball coach is telling it like it is about Bama and Saban.

Steef

It's not like Nick was gonna be gentle...and now he's not. They play to win, regardless.

I like it. Sic em, Bret!

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 22, 2014, 06:30:38 pm
Oh boy, I can't wait for our matchup with Bama.   ???
I can,t either. i hope we beat the hell out of them. GO HOGS.

WashUhog6

As long as what he is saying is factually true I'll never have a problem with it. I wish he wouldn't be so keen on poking the bear, like his comments about being more successful in the Big Ten than Nick Saban.

But at the end of the day, why should he be quiet? Why should we be afraid? Every team we play is going to try and beat us down no matter if we're mouthy jerks or polite, upstanding members of the community.

Yeah, we haven't been very good for the past two years, but we should be extremely proud to have a coach who isn't afraid to take a stand for Arkansas if one needs to be taken. Of course, Bielema's use of discretion could immensely improve, but we'll never have to worry about Arkansas backing down while Bielema is our head coach. If the wins start coming I predict that will be one of his most popular qualities among Arkansas fans.

hogville38

Can you PLEASE just stay the hell off of here. I'm so tired of your negative arse. Go troll somewhere else. You are old news. MODS can you please boot him already?

HogFanatic

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 22, 2014, 06:40:45 pm
As long as what he is saying is factually true I'll never have a problem with it. I wish he wouldn't be so keen on poking the bear, like his comments about being more successful in the Big Ten than Nick Saban.

But at the end of the day, why should he be quiet? Why should we be afraid? Every team we play is going to try and beat us down no matter if we're mouthy jerks or polite, upstanding members of the community.

Yeah, we haven't been very good for the past two years, but we should be extremely proud to have a coach who isn't afraid to take a stand for Arkansas if one needs to be taken. Of course, Bielema's use of discretion could immensely improve, but we'll never have to worry about Arkansas backing down while Bielema is our head coach. If the wins start coming I predict that will be one of his most popular qualities among Arkansas fans.

Absolutely. He is the type of coach that hangs 70 points on someone during a conference championship game.

chitwnhog

Really Skip? Tell us more.

Jek Tono Porkins

Was what he said true? If so, what is wrong with the truth?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

WashUhog6

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 06:43:36 pm
Absolutely. He is the type of coach that hangs 70 points on someone during a conference championship game.
And I guarantee you if we were to hang 70 points on someone in the SEC championship game it would go down as one of the greatest moments in Arkansas history. The point is, the same qualities that so many lament right now will be the ones they celebrate when the program gets up off the mat again.

rusvegashog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 06:34:43 pm
Hilarious. It wasn't even two days ago that we had a heated argument on here about how Bama gets preferential treatment.

The same folks that were saying "show facts", are going to be the ones that now say, "until you can compete with them, shut up."

It's hard to compete with a team that has the rules bent in their favor every damn step of the way. It's egregious.

You know WHY Alabama was granted the "waiver?" Because as I said in the other thread, Saban's buddy Mike Slive literally threatens the NCAA with secession (is that the right word here) every damn year on behalf of his beloved SEC, and by extension, Alabama

It's got to stop.
Egregious!!

hogville38

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 06:44:08 pm
They got a waiver, if we applied we would of got one also. It's not cheating, get over your poor us everyone hates us crap
^^^^^^ this is what i'm  talking about moderators. Everything he says is negative. It's obvious he is not a hog fan. Why do you allow these jerk offs to stay on here.

HoopS

Was he telling the truth?

HogFanatic

HogFanatic

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 22, 2014, 06:46:57 pm
And I guarantee you if we were to hang 70 points on someone in the SEC championship game it would go down as one of the greatest moments in Arkansas history. The point is, the same qualities that so many lament right now will be the ones they celebrate when the program gets up off the mat again.

I agree 100%. I love his attitude. It's an old-school attitude.

Music City Hog

Teams will keep trying to beat us as badly as possible.  I like BB and his out spoken nature, but he might wanna tighten it up until he shows he can at least be competitive.

Phil D

Coach BB has Cahones, I like it! WPS!!
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HogFanatic

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 06:52:21 pm
You are that little boy who always cried to mama weren't you?

Your disdain for the state of the program blinds you so completely that you cannot see a simple fact that is staring you straight in the face.

Who in the world DOES want to talk to someone who comes across as a completely illogical blowhard who does nothing but stuff on everyone else's day?

You bring it upon yourself, man. I'll be glad when they boot your crumudgeony old ass off here.

870hogfan

hogville38

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 06:52:21 pm
You are that little boy who always cried to mama weren't you?
Nope I'm the little boy who made a life out of stomping the arse of little weak kids like you. You must of had and still have a terrible life. Not our fault you hate everything.

WashUhog6

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 06:54:51 pm
Teams will keep trying to beat us as badly as possible.  I like BB and his out spoken nature, but he might wanna tighten it up until he shows he can at least be competitive.
They'll try and beat us as badly as possible no matter how BB behaves. What did Nutt do to offend Pete Carroll in 2005-2006 when he put up 70 and 50 on us? Did Petrino upset Mack Brown when the Longhorns scored 52 on us in 2008, or was Saban upset when he beat us by 35 two years in a row in 2008-2009? I don't think Sumlin or Saban were particularly upset with JLS when their two teams annihilated us in 2012--if anything, they pitied the man.

Notice how those awful beat downs come from teams way better than us in years that we stink? Yeah. The point is our opponents won't show mercy no matter, and even the ones who do get pissy, like Spurrier, will try and beat anyone down. The talent of our roster is much more important in avoiding beatdowns than Bielema's public commentary.

Music City Hog

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 22, 2014, 07:03:15 pm
They'll try and beat us as badly as possible no matter how BB behaves. What did Nutt do to offend Pete Carroll in 2005-2006 when he put up 70 and 50 on us? Did Petrino upset Mack Brown when the Longhorns scored 52 on us in 2008, or was Saban upset when he beat us by 35 two years in a row in 2008-2009? I don't think Sumlin or Saban were particularly upset with JLS when their two teams annihilated us in 2012--if anything, they pitied the man.

Notice how those awful beat downs come from teams way better than us in years that we stink? Yeah. The point is our opponents won't show mercy no matter, and even the ones who do get pissy, like Spurrier, will try and beat anyone down. The talent of our roster is much more important in avoiding beatdowns than Bielema's public commentary.

52-0 the past two years was mercy.  We could have been beaten 100-0 in both

HogFanatic

And for the record guys, The Big Easy isn't a troll (even though his name implies LSU fan). At least I don't think so. If so he has certainly boned up on his Razorback's history.

He is just extremely, extremely bitter.

He will come around once we start winning again.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
And for the record guys, The Big Easy isn't a troll (even though his name implies LSU fan). At least I don't think so. If so he has certainly boned up on his Razorback's history.

He is just extremely, extremely bitter.

He will come around once we start winning again.

Doubt he will be around that long.

hoghiker

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 22, 2014, 06:45:00 pm
Really Skip? Tell us more.
No shat. Mr. Easy seems to be shooting for first resident citizen of Skipville. I hope he ends up  the mayor. Head of city services. Dog catcher that drives the newest truck, with a stainless steel cage. Mag wheels.

forrest city joe

They got a waiver, if we applied we would of got one also. It's not cheating, get over your poor us everyone hates us crap
I will not get over it. Saban is a cheater. and i am glad coach B spoke up about it. how about you get over your love for this overrated cheater.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 07:07:22 pm

NOBODY, even if they are being "merciful" (they really aren't. instead they just decide to get their third string some playing time in a mop-up atmosphere and the scoring slows down), except for maybe Steve Spurrier, is going to be airing it out until the final horn.

If Arkansas had ever rallied in any of those games, Saban would have immediately brought the dogs back off the bench. Make no mistake, those games were absolute killings in which he showed zero mercy. He was just managing the future. He is that good of a coach.

Now Steve Spurrier? He will keep the first string in until the final possession if it means humiliating another team. I hate the guy entirely, but he is a damn fine coach.

WashUhog6

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2014, 07:07:22 pm
We can go in a circle debating just how badly--and for the record I know it could have been worse--they could have beaten us all day. But if two 52-0 games do not count for the type of embarrassing defeats that these comments make so many fear then I don't know what does.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Huckleberry Pig

so were not allowed to call someone out on cheating cause we didn't score enough points or make a closer game of it? Got it.

Ever think that the gap may grow in the wrong direction if we continue to roll over and take it like you suggest? 

I actually like it when CBB ruffles feathers.  He isn't afraid of anyone or afraid to speak his mind.  We need that type of fighter mentality, if you will, at Arkansas.  Hope it rubs off on our players.  With how the SEC screws us over I don't give a rats arse what anyone else thinks of us anymore.  I just wanna win some dang games.

sowmonella

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 07:06:10 pm
Must be mistaken, no one ever did that to me, but I did take care of a lot of talkers like yourself.

August 1st can't get here fast enough.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It's not a jones-out contest. We're not 15. Who gives a rip. We're here, we're not scared of you and we coming back for a piece of that #1 arse..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

How do you know this? Do tell.
Go Hogs Go!

chitwnhog

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 22, 2014, 07:30:49 pm
Hey I am not a fan of Bama, but this stuff of always accusing ever little thing is crazy. Our coach was not even being serious when he made that comment.

Our coach Skip?

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: sickboy on July 22, 2014, 06:30:25 pm
Yeah!!! This is baloney. Who dresses like that, honestly? I mean, you guys are right... his tie doesn't even look like it falls the appropriate length, which is definitely to the middle of the belt. And jeeze... who is his tailor, y'all? There is is entirely too much material in those arms, if you ask me. And ughhh. His fingernails look awful. Probably a biter.

I don't know, y'all. We're probably gonna lose some football games with this guy on the sidelines. I blame Jeff Long. He could have hired ten other coaches out there who aren't stuck in last seasons catalog.

Guess I should've put a smiley face at the end of my comments.

I still have trouble with thr gray jacket and tan pants 

"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

fortsmithokie

If CBB wasn't stirring the pot right now, who would be talking about Arkansas outside of Arkansas. Who knows, maybe there's a method to his madness.

Hoggish1

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 22, 2014, 06:14:30 pm
Don't think he called out Bama. Seems to me he called out the NCAA. Had a "lesser" program asked for this special disposition they most likely would have said no.

I think you are on to something.

The Hogfather

Love it.  Definitely one of my favorite Arkansas coaches of all time.  If his program gets going soon, he might be my favorite.

azhog10

I felt like he was calling out the process more than calling out Bama.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 22, 2014, 06:14:30 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much it.  The irony with the "lesser" comment, is that it could be interpretted that he thinks we are a lesser program.  I know it's not what he meant.

Quote from: sowmonella on July 22, 2014, 07:31:06 pm
August 1st can't get here fast enough.

Speaking of that, can someone direct me to this ultimatum?  I need to see what my odds are of making the cut.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 22, 2014, 07:56:06 pm

Speaking of that, can someone direct me to this ultimatum?  I need to see what my odds are of making the cut.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=570306.0

Hogwild

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 22, 2014, 06:34:43 pm

He just said what everyone has been posting the last few months with regard to bias that Alabama has received. 

QuoteYou know WHY Alabama was granted the "waiver?" Because as I said in the other thread, Saban's buddy Mike Slive literally threatens the NCAA with secession (is that the right word here) every damn year on behalf of his beloved SEC, and by extension, Alabama

It's got to stop.

I think it has more to do with his buddy being in charge of the NCAA.  Like the Big 12 commissioner said it ''pays to cheat" with this NCAA.