Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry's World ?

Started by arkhomer, July 22, 2014, 09:08:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhomer

Planning on making my first trip to the new Cowboys stadium this year to watch the Arkansas/A&M game. My wife will also be tagging along.  I was looking to get some input from some of you that have been regarding seat/ticket selection. 

I really do not want to spend more than the cheapest ticket available which goes for $85 a pop.  Is this "public" selection OK or is it better to spend the $125 public option.  They dont provide any information as far as area and row when purchasing.

Thanks for any input. Go Hogs.

GingerHog

Jerry World will blow your mind, glad you are going to get to attend. I've been once before for the Cotton Bowl and sat in the $ 125 section and those seats are great! I also am going to the aTm game this year and will be in the $85 section. I don't think there is really a bad seat in the entire place thanks to the mammoth tv screen hanging from the roof. If anything, the tv screen is worth the price of admission and you will find yourself watching that more so than the actual field. But regardless of which section you choose, you will be able to enjoy the game with a great view. See you there! WPS!! :razorback:

Tim Harris

If I'm not mistake the $85 tickets will be in the corner and ends meaning you aren't going to see the video board.  They have them on the end as well but it isn't the same.  I went to the SWC the first 3 years.  Personally I was a fan of the tickets in the middle section of the stadium.  I'm not sure what the price was on them but if we go back in the future I would buy those again.

Magic_Hogg

Just get a seat from where you can see the video board.  You'll be watching that instead of the playing on the field.

southeasthog

We were in the corner in 2011. We could see the board fine. When I get to my computer I will post a couple of pics from them. We went with the $125 seats this season to be able to see the whole field better.

younghog

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 22, 2014, 09:25:23 am
If I'm not mistake the $85 tickets will be in the corner and ends meaning you aren't going to see the video board.  They have them on the end as well but it isn't the same.  I went to the SWC the first 3 years.  Personally I was a fan of the tickets in the middle section of the stadium.  I'm not sure what the price was on them but if we go back in the future I would buy those again.

you'll be fine there, as there are video screens in the opposite endzone
GO HOGS

arkhomer

Quote from: southeasthog on July 22, 2014, 10:47:01 am
We were in the corner in 2011. We could see the board fine. When I get to my computer I will post a couple of pics from them. We went with the $125 seats this season to be able to see the whole field better.

that would be awesome if you would post the pics. Thanks!

GEO-HOG

So the tickets for the SWC are already available for purchase?

1highhog

I personally like the $125 option, the end zone depending on side and game time will have you facing the sun coming through those friggin windows, I've been there 3 times and have been lucky enough to set between the 20's in the 3rd section up, gets you and up close look at the screen.  Got to sit right on the rail to, more leg room, in some aisles, you can't sit with your knees in front of you but turned sideways, kinda hard for a person with injuries.  Also the seats I've set in have been cushioned, I think the ones in the end zone are not.

Hawgndaaz

It isn't a place to go and try to be frugal. Put aside a few hundred bucks extra over the next few months and enjoy the show.

southeasthog

Quote from: arkhomer on July 22, 2014, 12:36:48 pm
that would be awesome if you would post the pics. Thanks!
I looked and we had the $125 tickets in 2011 but were down low in the corner. It was level 2, section 243 row 2. Here are some pics.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: southeasthog on July 22, 2014, 04:20:30 pm
I looked and we had the $125 tickets in 2011 but were down low in the corner. It was level 2, section 243 row 2. Here are some pics.

I had seats pretty close to you.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on July 22, 2014, 04:41:03 pm
I had seats pretty close to you.
If you remember a blonde A&M gal with a Hog tattoo on her cheek walking out just before the end giving everyone the finger, that was my sister.  :)

JethroB.

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 22, 2014, 04:40:51 pm
It always amazes me that people with high-dollar seats at that stadium will sit there staring up at the TV rather than the field itself. You'd think they'd get a crick in their necks.

When i went to the cotton bowl, i couldn't help catching myself watching the game on that screen. We were in row 7 on about the 15 yard line.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ScottFaldon on July 22, 2014, 04:40:51 pm
It always amazes me that people with high-dollar seats at that stadium will sit there staring up at the TV rather than the field itself. You'd think they'd get a crick in their necks.

The first year I went we were in the upper deck right in front of the video board.  I'm pretty sure I watched about 50% of the game on the board and I'm not sure my wife even knew there was a live game down below us.

The next 2 years we were in the middle section and watched more of the actual game.

McKdaddy

Each year I've bought the $125 tix.  In '09 my seats were on the 2nd level, near the goal line.  In '10 & '11 my seats were in the lowest level, around the 10.  I've requested the $125 tix again, but who knows what I'll get.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 23, 2014, 10:12:58 am
The first year I went we were in the upper deck right in front of the video board.  I'm pretty sure I watched about 50% of the game on the board and I'm not sure my wife even knew there was a live game down below us.

The next 2 years we were in the middle section and watched more of the actual game.

Same for me about the upper deck in game one.  It's a terrible place to see the game because you are almost compelled to look straight out at the huge screen rather than down on the field.

I would never sit there again. 

HogFanatic

At the Cotton Bowl I was stuck in the upper deck of the end zone. I couldn't see the big board, but even those screens facing the end zones are freakin' nice, man. I watched most of the game on the TV.

The atmosphere was crazy awesome. The place is simply ginormous. You will enjoy yourself no matter where you sit. Although I can relate to the person's comments about leg room. I was on the [CENSORED] of the upper deck so I had all the leg room I needed, but the lady sitting behind me had her knees in my neck most of the game. Haha.

It was a heck of a good time.

ETA: that "censored" word is supposed to say 1st row.
Odd, I tried spelling that out twice and it censors it.