Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball: Connor Vanover

Started by Johnboy, July 22, 2014, 08:40:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

I think I have seen his name in a RazorAg post.

Kid is young but seems to be getting more national attention.  Any news on him?

http://www.coast2coastpreps.com/?p=313

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/connor-vanover_n_5605966.html

choppedporkextrasauce

He a living human stick figure.

Here's hoping this kid reaches his full potential.

Johnboy

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on July 22, 2014, 09:04:42 am
He a living human stick figure.

Here's hoping this kid reaches his full potential.

No need to clown on him, he looks like an 8th grader that is abnormally tall to me.  His crazy height has to make his arms and legs look skinnier.  I'm sure if I find some photos of me and my buddies from 8th grade we had about that same muscle mass. 

Hawg Red

Hope for his sake he stops growing (taller). There's really no reason for a basketball player to be taller than 7 feet or 7'1. After that, mobility and durability become a concern. Best thing for his kid is to start growing wide and stop growing up.

Johnboy

I agree completely.  Human frame cannot handle that kind of length without major health issues.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 22, 2014, 12:58:30 pm
Hope for his sake he stops growing (taller). There's really no reason for a basketball player to be taller than 7 feet or 7'1. After that, mobility and durability become a concern. Best thing for his kid is to start growing wide and stop growing up.

Yep, stop growing and start adding pounds. If he can get to 7'0" 250lb by his Senior year, he will be a nice prospect.

jackflash

If I was Mike would offer him now.

coastalrazorback

I've seen him play a couple of times. He definitely needs to add some weight, but he will be one to keep an eye on because 7'0 doesn't come around very often.

Paul