Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on the Tennessee Thirty-Two

Started by jbcarol, July 22, 2014, 07:14:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

WBIR-TV is reporting that JuCo LB Chris Weatherd was cleared by the NCAA and will able to join the Vols by Aug. 1 in time for fall camp.

That means all 32 of Butch Jones' signees from last year are cleared and on the roster for the Vols.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Tusks

what?  they had 7 that counted back.....now way?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hobhog

Just doesnt make sense. Thought this was addressed two years ago by Slive.

Regardless, it is hard to keep 25 new players happy and on the team. 32 showing up has to have reprecussions somewhere. Thats a big infux of new blood.....

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Tusks

Before this is moved can someone enlighten me.....TN got ALL 32 of their signees in school.  How in the heck did that happen?  We all laughed and said it couldn't be done but it was.  Am I the only one kind of alarmed at how this happened?

There's another thread in SEC sports but not much traffic.

I'm just wonder what in the world happened for them to get 32 enrolled for this fall.  That's insane. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Simple, some were legacies that are paying their way, the rest over 25 counted back to the 2013 class.

Music City Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 25, 2014, 08:33:22 pm
Simple, some were legacies that are paying their way, the rest over 25 counted back to the 2013 class.

I haven't heard of any paying their way.  I think this is false. 

I know a bunch counted back to the previous year.  They had 14 early enrollees.

onebadrubi

I think they also found a loophole that the SEC closed immediately or is in the process of closing.  It's been mentioned here but I can't remover that loophole.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 26, 2014, 07:49:23 am
I haven't heard of any paying their way.  I think this is false. 

I know a bunch counted back to the previous year.  They had 14 early enrollees.

I have, but we won't ever know.