Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino compares ACC's Atlantic Division to SEC West. Would know.

Started by jbcarol, July 22, 2014, 07:06:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  7h

Louisville's Bobby Petrino compares ACC's Atlantic Division to SEC West | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/zqLbI

Quote"The division that we're in reminds me a lot of the SEC West when we had defending national champions and every team in it is capable of beating every team in it," Petrino said...

Louisville is in the ACC's Atlantic Division, which also includes defending national champ Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, North Carolina State, Syracuse and Wake Forest.

Teams from the SEC West, meanwhile -- specifically, Alabama, Auburn and LSU -- have won five of the last seven BCS national championships.

"The fact that the defending national champion is in it, and Clemson has had a tremendous amount of success, we're coming in with a program that's had  a lot of success, and week in and week out it's gonna be so competitive, I see it as being very similar," Petrino said of the ACC Atlantic.

Petrino was 8-4 last year in his only season as head coach at Western...

He takes over a Louisville program that went 23-3 in the last two years in the Big East and American Athletic Conference under Batesville native Charlie Strong...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

WILL CLINTON

Cant wait to see some of the spreads for ole Bobby's Card teams this year.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HiggiePiggy

Louisville has a pretty tough schedule this upcoming season. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

twistitup

Did he also compare the roads around Louisville to the roads around Fville?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Inhogswetrust

He has that same smirk on his face when he was doing unethical stuff before....................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 23, 2014, 09:53:09 am
I miss winning.

Me too.  More and more each year.

I think Bobby will have a year this year much like his first year at UA was.  He'll improve them and be contending for at least a division title by year 3 (assuming he's still there).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jb11

I guess that means he won't be able to beat FSU and Clemson.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jb11 on July 23, 2014, 02:51:12 pm
I guess that means he won't be able to beat FSU and Clemson.

Florida state maybe, but I put Clemson like South Carolina and South Carolina owns them. And under Petrino we owned South Carolina.  Florida state is the only team that will give him the biggest problems probably. 

GoHogs1091

Robert Petrino and his garbage finesse offense is in for a rude awakening against Florida State and Clemson.  Florida State has a plethora of highly ranked defensive players like Alabama has.  Additionally, a Top 10 ranked LSU team in 2012 and a Top 10 ranked Georgia team in 2013 found out that it is not easy going up against Clemson (Clemson defeated both of those Top 10 ranked SEC teams).

Clemson defeated a non-injury decimated Georgia team in 2013.  Both LSU and South Carolina couldn't win against a non-injury decimated Georgia in 2013.

Robert Petrino's weakness of no solid Defense will have a serious problem with Florida State's Offense and Clemson's Offense.  Both FSU and Clemson have a much more difficult Offense to go up against than the Offenses Petrino faced when he went up against Alabama and LSU.

HiggiePiggy

Who was that last regular season game that Clemson played in 2013 and was destroyed by?

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/acc/2013-clemson-tigers-football-schedule.php

South Carolina.  Like I said Florida state is the only team that Petrino will have the biggest problems with.  All other teams in the ACC, Louisville will be able to play with.

Spikes

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 24, 2014, 07:53:51 pm
Robert Petrino and his garbage finesse offense is in for a rude awakening against Florida State and Clemson.  Florida State has a plethora of highly ranked defensive players like Alabama has.  Additionally, a Top 10 ranked LSU team in 2012 and a Top 10 ranked Georgia team in 2013 found out that it is not easy going up against Clemson (Clemson defeated both of those Top 10 ranked SEC teams).

Clemson defeated a non-injury decimated Georgia team in 2013.  Both LSU and South Carolina couldn't win against a non-injury decimated Georgia in 2013.

Robert Petrino's weakness of no solid Defense will have a serious problem with Florida State's Offense and Clemson's Offense.  Both FSU and Clemson have a much more difficult Offense to go up against than the Offenses Petrino faced when he went up against Alabama and LSU.

"garbage"  Yep I've heard it all now... Bet you didn't think it was "garbage" when Mallett was sling it around for 300 plus a game, KD running it down LSU throat... Winning 10 plus games..  Cards got an open date before FL ST..  Thursday night game, should be a very interesting game.. Will make my prediction that the cards will beat Clemson or FL St

Miles lost the game against Clemson, not LSU, he took his foot off the gas..  Two different coaches
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!