Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Chaney speec.

Started by DThog90, July 17, 2014, 08:38:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nchogg

Hunter Henry played as a freshman and so did Alex Collins. There are special players that can play as freshman. We have to trust the coaches, thats  their job.

TeedupHigh

Some say "Trust the Coaching Staff" but people on here think they are smarter tan the Staff!  CBB is getting rid of the bp riff raff as quick as possible.

Teed, you think CBB will toss Philon out just cause he's a BP recruit.  You know it could be that CBB isn't wise enough to teach the offensive players BP brought in anything.  You know, like BP was about defense.  You likely could have given BP his choice of any 15 NFL defensive players he wanted and he would have chose all cornerbacks and tried to change them over to WRs.

Athog

hoghiker

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2014, 04:03:03 pm
Possibly, but I'm sure there are others he wants more.  It just depends on how far down his board he has to go.  If he strikes out on the big dogs he has to fill up a class.
That's very astute. So if BB doesn't get his top 25 picks, he's going to go ahead and offer some other guys. That's crazy .

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 18, 2014, 03:56:59 pm
You said "Special"

Well, Andrews was one of the very few for whom that term was apt.

Mike Irwin

Chaney is one smart fellow. It'll never happen but I'd love to see him post a response to the Brandon Allen "stare down" Nazis.

I asked Barry Lunney Jr. (a pretty fair SEC QB in his day) his reaction to the claim by some here that Chaney cannot teach proper QB mechanics because he never was a QB. He laughed. Not a snicker but a deep, full blown belly laugh.

Then he said, " That man can coach any position on the field including defense. I've never been around anybody with a better fundamental understanding of all parts of the game of football than coach Chaney."

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: 12247 on July 21, 2014, 06:55:42 pm
You know it could be that CBB isn't wise enough to teach the offensive players BP brought in anything. 

Bielema. Does. Not. Coach. Offense.
[CENSORED]!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 22, 2014, 05:16:52 am
Bielema. Does. Not. Coach. Offense.

shhhhh don't ruin it for him!  ;)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 22, 2014, 05:10:44 am
Chaney is one smart fellow. It'll never happen but I'd love to see him post a response to the Brandon Allen "stare down" Nazis.

I asked Barry Lunney Jr. (a pretty fair SEC QB in his day) his reaction to the claim by some here that Chaney cannot teach proper QB mechanics because he never was a QB. He laughed. Not a snicker but a deep, full blown belly laugh.

Then he said, " That man can coach any position on the field including defense. I've never been around anybody with a better fundamental understanding of all parts of the game of football than coach Chaney."

funny how people keep bringing up Chaney not being a former QB as the reason he "isn't a good QB coach".  Kevin Sumlin was a LB in college and has now groomed more than a few decent QBs from his time at OU, Houston, and now TAMU.  I guess he needs to hire a "real" QB coach as well
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!