Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR / UCLA

Started by twistitup, July 21, 2014, 09:08:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on July 23, 2014, 05:43:36 pm
UALR basketball draws good when they're winning.
The Travelers have good fan support.
I don't know where you get that LR/NLR doesn't support their programs.
NLR is building a new stadium - they have fantastic fan support.
LR Public schools supports basketball, but not football.
Barton set record attendance for the state basketball tourney.
SEC women's tourney draws great at Verizon and NCAA regional was a huge success.

The problem with UALR football - if they don't go head to head with the Razorbacks they would get some support.
But on a Saturday afternoon you'd be hard pressed to get folks out to watch UALR instead of the Hogs.

I guess you consider 2500 good, I don't. NLR, does support it's teams, LR, not so much, and we are talking adding a football team, not a basketball team, correct? How many at Barton were from LR, I was there, I'd say for more from the visiting teams. Some support?? I guess that's a definition of it, not enough would be mine.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 23, 2014, 12:01:07 am
Arkansas has the 15th most bowl appearances all time, and even with our abysmal record, we're still 31st in bowl wins--ahead of programs like Stanford, Oregon, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. We have the 21st most wins among all college football programs, with a winning percentage that puts us at 29th among teams that have played at least 600 games at the 1-A/FBS level (seemingly random cutoff is used to remove Boise State, who joined the current FBS in 1996, and South Alabama). Among current FBS programs, we're 1 of only 26 programs that have a recognized national championship by College Football Data Warehouse since 1960.

We're a top 25 all time program among every service that has done those rankings. College Football Data Warehouse uses a points system to rank its top programs based on a certain time period. In the last 50 years, it ranks Arkansas 19. It drops to 28 in the last 20 years, but when you move the metric up to the last 15, 10, and 5 years Arkansas' rank is 22, 22, and 19 (yes, even with the terrible 2012-2013), respectively. Arkansas is tied for 19th among longstanding FBS teams with Texas A&M, Washington, Arizona State, and TCU for the most 10 win seasons of all time at 12. Another College Football Data Warehouse ranking worth mentioning: Arkansas is 9th among teams in the 1960s, 11th in the 1970s, 30th in the 1980s, 50th in the 90s (bleh), and 17th in the 2000s.

In Arkansas' time in the SWC, between 1925 and 1991, only Texas won more conference titles. And yeah, we haven't exactly torn it up since we entered the SEC. But in our time in the conference only 6 of the current 14 teams have won SEC titles (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, LSU), and out of the 4 who have gone without a win, Arkansas leads with 3 appearances (South Carolina, Missouri, and Mississippi State all have 1).

And then there's the perennial revenue generation that has Arkansas among the richest in college athletics.

You can keep hating all you want, but that doesn't change the fact, supported by multiple objective measures, that Frank Broyles' work to unite the state behind the Razorbacks helped make Arkansas successful.
You are sticking a knife in the hearts of the old timers. To the newbie Razorback fans, you might as well be talking about something from another century.

Sorry, my bad!
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

WashUhog6

Quote from: Seminole Indian on July 23, 2014, 06:36:42 pm
You are sticking a knife in the hearts of the old timers. To the newbie Razorback fans, you might as well be talking about something from another century.

Sorry, my bad!
I'm sure that remaining at 22 in the last 15 years, as well as being 19 in the last 5 really hurts them, as well as being ranked 17th in the 2000s. Too bad all of those mentioned are from the 21st century.

ricepig

Quote from: WashUhog6 on July 23, 2014, 06:39:57 pm
I'm sure that remaining at 22 in the last 15 years, as well as being 19 in the last 5 really hurts them, as well as being ranked 17th in the 2000s. Too bad all of those mentioned are from the 21st century.

Someoldinjun can't help himself, he's just a fan of the red pups and always feels the need to troll, ain't that right lp?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sweet Feet on July 23, 2014, 05:05:02 pm
sweet meat? Lol do better

I'll jump in.........................How about.....................never mind you aren't worth the trouble.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi