Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mettenberger sucker punched by alleged Bama fan at "Losers"

Started by jbcarol, July 21, 2014, 04:51:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

former LSU/Titans rookie QB Zach Mettenberger was sucker punched by an Alabama fan at Losers Most Wanted Bar in Nashville

QuoteAccording to Steve Ford, the owner of Losers, an Alabama fan said "Roll Tide" to Mettenberger, who replied "Good luck with that," and then a different Alabama fan sucker punched him:

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dr. Starcs

Mettenberger did throw a punch.

Unfortunately it was intercepted.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Lol.  Well, there are some crazy fans everywhere. Right now, appears Alabama fans may have a firm grip on #1.  This story right after their fan that put up the Alabama flag on Tx A&M's stadium...& then after he was fired... claimed he purposely did poor work on the construction of the stadium. 

Sounds like there needs to be a few bars built around Alabama......sporting the same name of this bar in Nashville....."Losers".  They would probably do a brisk business.  Have some special music starting around 11 or 12pm. Only 2 songs, one right after the other.  The fight song of Alabama, & then the fight song of Auburn.  There would never be a dull evening.  Of course.....all drinks would have to be served in plastic containers.....no glass allowed.

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HyperDrive

The bama fan base is an utter embarrassment.  If they're not poisoning your trees, they're sabotaging your stadium and endangering people's lives, tea bagging other men in public places or sucker punching people in bars. 

poloprince

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 21, 2014, 10:30:52 pm
The bama fan base is an utter embarrassment.  If they're not poisoning your trees, they're sabotaging your stadium and endangering people's lives, tea bagging other men in public places or sucker punching people in bars.

Its kinda amazing the behavior that gets overlooked due to wins on the scorecard.
$PoLoPrInCe$

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 21, 2014, 06:36:29 pm
Mettenberger did throw a punch.

Unfortunately it was intercepted.

That is funny, it doesn't matter who you are......... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 21, 2014, 10:30:52 pm
Our secondary mission is to help combat the negativity that is directed at Auburn by its detractors, by the media and by anyone else who seeks to do our family harm.

jbcarol

Ex-LSU QB Zach Mettenbeger: It's 'never fun to get punched' in face

Quoteettenberger was sucker-punched last weekend by an Alabama fan while at a bar with fellow rookie Taylor Lewan. A man came up to him and said, "Roll Tide."

The former LSU quarterback said he answered "Good luck with that" before getting slugged. The man ran out of the bar before being chased down. A police report also was not filed.

Mettenberger spoke about the incident for the first time Saturday after Tennessee's opening training camp session. He said it's never fun getting punched in the face, but he took the high road to avoid distractions for the Titans.

There is one drawback.

Mettenberger keeps hearing "Roll Tide" from teammates.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Things are already rough for NFL rookies but quarterback Zach Mettenberger is having an especially tough time after a recent incident.

QuoteHere's what happened according to Steve Ford, the owner of Loser's Most Wanted Bar & Grill:

The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,'" Ford told the newspaper Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

Mettenberger did not need medical attention and declined to press charges, just hoping to move on from the situation.  Well unfortunately for him, it's not something his teammates will let him forget.  Rookies are othen teased and hazed, and now Mettenberger's Titan teammates have extra material.

NoNC4Tubs

Zach brought a lot of it on himself when he used that middle finger in a crowded bar........ 8)

Alcohol and insults seldom mix.

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 04, 2014, 07:22:34 pm
Zach brought a lot of it on himself when he used that middle finger in a crowded bar........ 8)

Alcohol and insults seldom mix.

I'm sure the trees said mean things to Harvey too.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 04, 2014, 08:09:05 pm
I'm sure the trees said mean things to Harvey too.
An au prof said the trees were already dying before Updyke ever made his visit...... 8)