Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New entrance way/gate honoring John McDonnell at track

Started by ricepig, July 21, 2014, 11:39:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Calling All Hogs

Well deserved! JM has to be the greatest track coach in the history of college sports. Probably not even a close second.

The_Iceman

1highhog

There has been no Dynasty like that of the one that Coach McDonnell has built at the University of Arkansas during the years he gave of his blood, sweat, and tears.  For years, his accomplishments went largely unnoticed until he won so many Championships that anyone can't help but notice what he built during his service here on the hill.  There will never be another like him, and it's about time we all took notice and I'm glad the UofA is doing this for a man that never let power go to his head, all he wanted to do was Coach, and no one did it better.  You will always be THE MAN Coach McDonnell, enjoy you're retirement, you've certainly earned it.

ricepig

So, do you think they'll put something on the back side of the scoreboard?

ICEman

Quote from: ricepig on July 21, 2014, 12:50:31 pm
So, do you think they'll put something on the back side of the scoreboard?
I think this might answer your question.
"The scoreboard is also set to be bricked and sealed off with an affixed Razorback logo that will be illuminated at night."
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

ricepig

Quote from: ICEman on July 21, 2014, 02:13:49 pm
"The scoreboard is also set to be bricked and sealed off with an affixed Razorback logo that will be illuminated at night."

I guess I read right over that, haha. Good, it looked cheap looking at the back of it.

board

It's about time. Impossible to say enough good things about Coach John..

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

The_Iceman

Quote from: ICEman on July 21, 2014, 04:27:36 pm
Track Renderings

That's sweet! Wish they would put one of those on the back of the RRS Scoreboard.

I also had an idea for RRS: What if we painted over the hideous tan/beige colored brick on the Broyles Complex and painted it grey/anthracite. You could even put some stylish Hog decals in some places. A cheap stop-gap measure to make our stadium look more modern until we add on.

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: 1highhog on July 21, 2014, 12:09:45 pm
There has been no Dynasty like that of the one that Coach McDonnell has built at the University of Arkansas during the years he gave of his blood, sweat, and tears.  For years, his accomplishments went largely unnoticed until he won so many Championships that anyone can't help but notice what he built during his service here on the hill.  There will never be another like him, and it's about time we all took notice and I'm glad the UofA is doing this for a man that never let power go to his head, all he wanted to do was Coach, and no one did it better.  You will always be THE MAN Coach McDonnell, enjoy you're retirement, you've certainly earned it.

Definitely beyond well deserved recognition for Coach McDonnell!   a dynasty like none before, and none after!

kingoftherapids

I honestly think... he is the greatest collegiate coach in the history of all sports. How many coaches can say they have won 40 national titles at the highest level of collegiate athletics? AMAZING! Congrats coach

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ICEman on July 21, 2014, 02:13:49 pm

It's about time. That should have been done when it was first built!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 21, 2014, 04:52:34 pm
That's sweet! Wish they would put one of those on the back of the RRS Scoreboard.

I also had an idea for RRS: What if we painted over the hideous tan/beige colored brick on the Broyles Complex and painted it grey/anthracite. You could even put some stylish Hog decals in some places. A cheap stop-gap measure to make our stadium look more modern until we add on.

Great idea. I've actually never thought about that and I it wouldn't be that big of an expense and it would definitely make that end zone look better for a few years before they start the new construction.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Westcoasthog

I know Coach John McDonnell personally.  John McDonnell is the greatest collegiate coach in all sports. John McDonnell won more than 40 National Titles
while at Arkansas.   

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on July 21, 2014, 11:50:10 am
Well deserved! JM has to be the greatest track coach in the history of college sports. Probably not even a close second.

I'd say greatest college coach of ALL sports...................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

I begin following Arkansas Track with the first championship and as he piled one on top of another my amazement grew at what an incredible feat Coach McDonnell was accomplishing.  I remember when we got our third triple crown, a feat never done before then a fourth and fifth.  Arkansas has never seen that level of greatness that the whole state could embrace before or since. 

Bill Clinton becoming President is a distant second.  We have General MacArthur, Darby's Rangers, a football and basketball championship, the Bowie knife.  All combined pale when compared!

COCHISE

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2014, 07:06:45 am
I'd say greatest college coach of ALL sports...................................
You'd certainly be hard pressed to find a more successful coach in their respective sport, college or professional.