Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret B and Keeping his job

Started by Dick Groats Gagger, July 20, 2014, 06:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Groats Gagger

Being a Misery fan as you all like to call us. I was wondering if Bret B goes 4-8 as I think he will. Does he  get fired ??  I believe you must give a new coach 4 years. Especially in Football. The key is that by the 3rd year if he is say 6-6 then we are seeing progress. I looked at your schedule and I cant find more than 4. Of course I know Misery will put a beat down of 41-10 on the butchered Hogs after Thanksgiving looking for some Pork after pigging out on Turkey. So that is one loss. Any thoughts ??     

Arkansas Fan

Why are Mizzery fans coming here?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on July 20, 2014, 06:31:06 pm

You seem their board?  It only helps give out migraines!

Al Boarland

I don't get why fans of other teams come to hogville.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Dick Groats Gagger on July 20, 2014, 06:22:13 pm
Being a Misery fan as you all like to call us. I was wondering if Bret B goes 4-8 as I think he will. Does he  get fired ??  I believe you must give a new coach 4 years. Especially in Football. The key is that by the 3rd year if he is say 6-6 then we are seeing progress. I looked at your schedule and I cant find more than 4. Of course I know Misery will put a beat down of 41-10 on the butchered Hogs after Thanksgiving looking for some Pork after pigging out on Turkey. So that is one loss. Any thoughts ??   

While this is about 99.9% garbage, you raise a topic that I just mentioned in another thread.  But I'll mention it here, too... just in case this doesn't go right to the trash.

Your coach had two very sorry years to kick off his Missouri tenure, and I'm willing to bet that most Missouri fans, overall, are now pretty pleased that he didn't get canned after a second straight year of missing a bowl. 

So if there's nothing else worth a crap in your post, there's at least the decent thought that a coach needs time... and that should mean more than two years, no matter who you are.  On that, we can agree.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on July 20, 2014, 06:31:06 pm
IF this is a true Missouri fan and not someone trying to stir traffic or develop the whole rivalry angle, then it started when Mike Anderson bolted there for BWA. Their fans are as obnoxious as LSU's and Auburn's.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jabohog

No is the answer to your question. Bielema has at least 4 maybe 5 years. He says six, but the improvement has to be there, and that improvement is already showing up in the classroom, in arrests, etc. This coach is going to bring in a certain type of kid and he will win with them or he will die with them. It will be a different culture, and it will take time and you may be right about the beat down, but enjoy it now cause if you can keep your coach sober it may be the last win against us.

HiggiePiggy

Nothing is a must, but he will most likely get 4 years unless he happens to go 0-8 in conference this year and again next year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 20, 2014, 06:36:37 pm

Because the board looks better than most other fan team message boards. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 20, 2014, 06:52:39 pm
Nothing is a must, but he will most likely get 4 years unless he happens to go 0-8 in conference this year and again next year. 

I assure you he ain't getting a 4th year if he's 0'fer in SEC for first 3 seasons, but we both know that ain't happening.  If he goes 0-8 this season, he'll be coaching for his life in 2015.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Jamie Jones

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 20, 2014, 06:54:03 pm

He won't get fired this year nor should he be. The guy that hired him should, but I really can't put it on BB at this time
These are the type of posts that cause threads to get derailed into name calling and bashing. I'll be glad when the hammer comes down on the ones responsible.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 20, 2014, 06:36:37 pm

Says the auburn fan.

poloprince

BB gets 3 years to gain bowl eligibility
$PoLoPrInCe$

tophawg19

Now a question for you . if your coach gets another DWI , and i think he will does he get fired ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

cosmodrum

Best handle on HV. Hell yeah on some Dick Groat.
Go away, batin'

HamIAm

At least he had the guts to admit who he roots for.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 20, 2014, 07:55:45 pm
Best handle on HV. Hell yeah on some Dick Groat.

Was always fond of Porquemada
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

scruf

Auburn is garbage. Missouri will lose to Arkansas. Auburn sucks. Go HOGS!