Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Latest Razorback Recruiting Report (7-20-14)

Started by Aaron Peters, July 20, 2014, 06:11:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 20, 2014, 09:08:17 pm
That's fair.  There's just not a lot of positive stuff out there right now. 

This just is not true.

And herein lies the problem. When the "w" is the only positive thing a person can see, they are not measuring their team with honesty.

I truly think we suffer as a fanbase...still...from too many seasons under Houston Nutt. We were taught by example, that "rah rah NEXT YEAR rebuilding"...could be an empty lie.

But it doesn't have to be. And most grown men...TRY to improve their program.

I don't think it's naive, to believe in Brets sincerity. Nor do I think it's naive, to see improvement overall....DURING...A nine loss streak. The changes were there.

I also note, that no sports writers outside the State, who have no stake in our program, think hiring Bret was a mistake...despite the nine losses. And they love blood on the water.

There just isn't any.

There are currently lots of things to be encouraged about. A few things still left to worry over...but that's true of any program digging out of hole.

scruf

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 20, 2014, 09:08:17 pm
That's fair.  There's just not a lot of positive stuff out there right now.  When we show some promise on the field I'll be first in line to give credit where credit is due, but I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig.  We did improve last season, but we have a long way to go.  Maybe I'm just impatient.  I know that's not a good thing when we are slowly rebuilding the program.  I'll try to make a cognizant effort to choose my words more carefully.  I thought this was a place where we could speak our mind.  The bullies around here don't make that a possibility.

This is true. Since Wilson and Lanny's posts some have taken to mean they have been deputized to clean up the board. Which derails the thread just as much as the "trolls" they think they see.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 20, 2014, 07:55:52 pm
It seems you want to say things are great when they were top 10, but now making an excuse? Nothing matters in recruiting until late Jan when they are signed. These rankings make little to no difference in July
I think if you go back and reread the previous posters comment(s) a major condition for the Hogs to rank in the top 20-25 is the word "IF"!!! IF the Hogs can continue to average out the ratings of the players they now have committed that's how it'd likely play out. However, as you point out, it's not what you have in the summer that ultimately counts; it's the players you actually end up signing on NSD (and their play beyond) that ultimately determines the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 20, 2014, 07:07:11 pm
Not even one 4-star?
Once again your "troll work" is to be commended for its stupidity. Masterful job!!

Mike Irwin

Not a mod but I know most of them. Come August 1st MMQB will be cleaned up. As I understand it the recruiting forum is next. Hang in there Hog fans. The cavalry is coming. Trolls will be scattered.

OTTER

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 21, 2014, 08:08:06 am
Not a mod but I know most of them. Come August 1st MMQB will be cleaned up. As I understand it the recruiting forum is next. Hang in there Hog fans. The cavalry is coming. Trolls will be scattered.

I can't wait!  It's been a little dicy lately.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

GlassofSwine

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 21, 2014, 06:17:11 am
This is true. Since Wilson and Lanny's posts some have taken to mean they have been deputized to clean up the board. Which derails the thread just as much as the "trolls" they think they see.

Problem is there was no homerism here. This was just a informational post on a few recruits. Yet immediately posters come in and start criticizing. It would be one thing, if a poster said, "Look at these recruits if we get them all it will be the greatest class ever!" That would lead to some room for debate.

Carl Lazlo

Come Aug. 30th we'll witness a "3 star" Arkansas rb run roughshod over Aubbie.  One that even Mike Irwin has previously down played.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 21, 2014, 02:31:25 am
Oh look...the two trolls like each other.

I bet they enjoy engaging in the occasional Dutch Rudder as well... Since they like to give one another a hand trolling this board.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 21, 2014, 08:08:06 am

Can't wait, though I will be on location in South America for most of August!!

Piggfoot

People who come in to comment on a recruiting report and make snide, sarcastic remarks about the quality of these young men have no place on a fan site.
These people should be banned permanently. This is a moderated free site and posters may post any comment they wish. This is a free country and you will not be imprisoned for any comments made. But you should understand there is a generally accepted manner in which you may voice your position as an aginner. If you cross that nebulous boundary, depending on your vitriol a moderator  may strike your post and send you packing. They have rights too.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.