Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parx 7/21

Started by jdelo77, July 20, 2014, 11:10:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

1st- Hebbronville, got a little info on this one from the owners,trained by Lynn Whiting and hes got some good works over the Churchill surface and His sire ( Majesticperfection ) is a graded stakes winner !
hopefully the price stays around 5/2....just thought I would pass along...

$5 EXT 7/1,2,3
$20 WP 7

mckinneyhog5

Really like the 3 in the second so I'll play a $20 DD 7/3
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jdelo77

I was so busy today I didn't get to see the race  , I told my wife to text me if he won and who finished 2nd , she told me he finished dead last , so about two hours later I checked ! I was a happy man ! More for the connections than the money ! Might see him at Churchill in the fall and oaklawn next year !

husker71

the other day at Delmar Brad Free of HRTV told everyone to watch this horse that was about to run  2 minutes or less before post   The horse had won 4 races in his career   3 of them at Delmar  and if you bet 2 dollars on him in his 4 wins the total payout was $220   in other words paying about $50  in each of his 4 wins.  Of course I did not play as I would have had to put some more in the account    And of course he won and paid +$60 and big in the exacta and the quinella (which I love to play  I wheel the horse I like on top in the exacta and in the quinella instead of boxing and throwing a whole bunch of tickets)   I was kicking myself for not taking the effort and making a few hundred.  And I call myself a horse player   

jdelo77

well looks they are trying to find a race at Saratoga for Hebbronville, they were very impressed and want to find something for this colt before the end of the meet, they thought about Ellis but scrapped that Idea , ill let you guys know when I hear more....

Husker, the horse that won the first on Sunday at Delmar ( She's Flush ) thats the second time the trainer/jock have won at a big price at Delmar...just something that might be worth watching ....Also im sure all of you know this but , Drayden Van Dyke =$$$$$$

jdelo77

August 31, 2014, 10:21:47 am #5 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:44:15 am by jdelo77
This one goes again tomorrow in the fifth at Parx , 8/5 ML ...short price but I will play the exacta , tri ... If the price goes up to 2-1 I'll bet $50 WP if not , I'll just stick to the ext and tri ...
Ext 3/2,5,6
Tri 3/2,5,6/All

husker71

antime Whiting wins  I feel good about it.  He is a underrated trainer and if I had stock in the Midwest I sure would use him.

jdelo77

I bet early this morning , the tri paid a whopping seven bucks ! Yeah I talked to the owners and they said they didn't want to enter him at Saratoga and get beat , I hope he runs at oaklawn next year !

jdelo77

Word is this one is shipping to Belmont for a stakes next Sunday...I will let you guys know when I hear more , Odds should be decent this time around  !

cbhawg03

choices would be the Champagne ($500k GI at 1 mile) or the Futurity ($200k GII at 6 Furlongs)

cbhawg03

I think the Lieblong's 2 year old is suppose to go in the Champagne - I Spent It

jdelo77

I'm pretty sure it's the futurity  , they never said anything about grade 1

cbhawg03

Race 4 - Futurity G II on Sunday @ Belmont

1    Cinco Charlie (KY)    2/C    L    R Santana, Jr.    122    S M Asmussen
2    Blofeld (KY)       2/C    L    J R Velazquez    118    T A Pletcher
3    Mr. Amos (ON)       2/C    L    N Mangalee    118    R Persaud
4    Far Right (KY)       2/C    L    J Castellano    118    R Moquett
5    Hebbronville (KY)       2/C    L    J Lezcano            120    L S Whiting

kingoftherapids

what is awesome is that at least 2 of these 5 will be at oaklawn for the whole season. and who knows where assman will have this one go.

jdelo77

With the Pletcher entry , I think anywhere from  3/1 - 5/1 is possible...If he goes off at 5/1 Im unloading...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 02, 2014, 05:28:46 pm
With the Pletcher entry , I think anywhere from  3/1 - 5/1 is possible...If he goes off at 5/1 Im unloading...

I would guess somewhere between 4/1 and 8/1, Assman and Pletcher horses will get hit hard.

cbhawg03

There was a time when the thought of running New York's two big grade I stakes for 2-year-olds, the Champagne and Futurity Stakes, one day apart was inconceivable.

Even when the Futurity, run at Belmont Park. was cut in distance and lowered to grade II status, it still had its place on the NYRA calendar, even for the brief time when it was used as prep for the now defunct Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.

By running the day after the Champagne, the six-furlong Futurity had such little appeal to horsemen this year it had to be relegated to the day's fourth race to keep it out of the Pick-Six.

Of the five entered, the only horse with stakes credentials is Cinco Charlie, winner of the Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs in his second start. The son of Indian Charlie also has finished a game third in the Sanford Stakes (gr. III) at Saratoga Race Course and fifth in the Spa's Saratoga Sepcial (gr. II). In his most recent race, the bay colt easily captured a restricted stakes over a sloppy track at Delaware Park.

With those credentials, there is no doubt the Steve Asmussen-trained colt will be an overwhelming favorite in the Futurity. Although he drew the rail, his early speed should help him overcome that. He gets a new rider in Ricardo Santana Jr.

Now, the big question is, can anyone beat Cinco Charlie, considering the remainder of the field consists of two last-out maiden special weight winners, a maiden claiming winner, and an allowance winner at Parx Racing?

Hebbronville, breaking from the outside post, is interesting in that he is undefeated and untested in his two career starts at Parx, winning by 5 1/2 and 6 1/4 lengths, the latter in a sprightly 1:03 3/5 for the 5 1/2 furlongs. Jose Lezcano picks up the mount from trainer Lynn Whiting.

Of course you have your usual Todd Pletcher maiden winner in Blofeld, a son of Quality Road who scored by a length at Saratoga in his only start, covering the five furlongs in a sharp :57 4/5. Finishing third in that race was El Kabeir, who came back to break his maiden by 10 3/4 lengths and will be one of the favorites in the Champagne Stakes the day before. Blofeld will be ridden by John Velazquez and break from post 2.

Completing the field are Far Right, a five-length maiden winner at Churchill Downs for trainer Ron Moquett, and Mr. Amos, who broke his maiden for a $40,000 claiming tag at Monmouth Park in his third start and was supplemented to this race. Far Right, a son of Notional  , sold at last year's Keeneland January sale for a mere $2,500.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/87752/cinco-charlie-standout-in-five-horse-futurity

jdelo77

2/1 ML , I think it might drift up , we will see !

cbhawg03

Idiotic odds, Assman horse will not be 4/1, Pletcher horse will be 2/5

jdelo77

I'm hoping for anything over 3/1  ! He's looked great in both his maiden and allowance wins , and you have to think Lezcano is an upgrade over Frankie Pennington ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 03, 2014, 06:46:56 pm
I'm hoping for anything over 3/1  ! He's looked great in both his maiden and allowance wins , and you have to think Lezcano is an upgrade over Frankie Pennington ...

There is no thinking about it, he is.

jdelo77

Let's see what happens today !

Belmont pick 5

2,4 WT 4,6 WT 1,4,6,8 WT 5 WT 4,8,10

Race 4
$50 WPS. 5

$5 ext  5/All

jdelo77

jdelo77

Well , he looked good coming down the stretch , but Biofeld was flying up the rail , I'm upset but not nearly as much as some of the owners relatives that had some chunks of change on him ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 05, 2014, 08:10:16 pm
Well , he looked good coming down the stretch , but Biofeld was flying up the rail , I'm upset but not nearly as much as some of the owners relatives that had some chunks of change on him ...

Just my opinion, and I have a very strong dislike for TAP, but it is stupid to throw a bunch of money at a horse running against a TAP 2 year old in a stakes race at New York. Just doesn't make sense, especially at 8/5. Somebody threw a lot a Hebbronville to be 8/5.

FYI, it is Blofeld not Biofeld.

jdelo77

Yeah  he was 2/1 when I bet him , the owners son bet a good chunk on him I know that , auto correct on my phone for the blofeld  thing ... Pletcher can't win them all either !

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on October 06, 2014, 03:40:55 pm
Yeah  he was 2/1 when I bet him , the owners son bet a good chunk on him I know that , auto correct on my phone for the blofeld  thing ... Pletcher can't win them all either !

He can't but usually does. Had hopes for the Lieblong's horse, but TAP has beaten their horse soundly in his last two with two different horses.

Auto-correct sucks

cbhawg03

Dan Illman likes Blofeld. Puts Hebbronville in a good light

http://www.drf.com/blogs/watch-out-blofeld

jdelo77

This one goes again on Sunday at Aqueduct , 3rd race ( grade 2 Nashua ) 5/2 ML

jdelo77

I have no idea what Happend , I never got ahold of the owners either ? But I wonder if that's why they didn't call me either ??

jdelo77

They love him in the smarty jones tomorrow , I think his running style really helps his chances if he can get out front , but the question for me is can he carry his speed that far ?

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 18, 2015, 04:03:54 pm
They love him in the smarty jones tomorrow , I think his running style really helps his chances if he can get out front , but the question for me is can he carry his speed that far ?

I know many think that Mike Smith's horse was the best at Delta when he got beat, as did Mr. Z. I don't think the race is playable unless you get Mike Smith's horse at good odds of Mr. Z at good odds.

cbhawg03

Hebbronville, 6th in $150K Smarty Jones at #Oaklawn, at Rood & Riddle @ dislodging teeth in freak stall accident, per trainer Lynn Whiting.

jdelo77

Haven't heard a thing about him since the smarty jones ... I'll give the owners a call later

cbhawg03

Suppose to be back in training at Oaklawn. Targeting sprint races though

jdelo77

He's been working well , don't be suprised to see him pop up again very soon !
There is also a first timer starter that the barn just got , they hope to have him ready before the end of the meet ! I'll let you guys know when I get more info ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on March 18, 2015, 09:54:56 am
He's been working well , don't be suprised to see him pop up again very soon !
There is also a first timer starter that the barn just got , they hope to have him ready before the end of the meet ! I'll let you guys know when I get more info ...

Ask them to run Hebbronville in the AR Derby if AP runs, so Hebbronville can go as fast as possible early with AP

jdelo77

Lol yeah I doubt that , I think they want keep him in sprints ...

jdelo77

Goes in the gazebo Saturday !