Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Series question - you are driving in Dallas

Started by NorthDallas40, July 19, 2014, 08:28:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthDallas40

Or some other place outside Arkansas and you see a car with a Hog logo on it. You want to get their attention to tell them you are a Hog can too. Once you get it, what's the best way to communicate your fandom to them? After all, we don't have a hand signal and that goofy diamond thing never took off?

Inhogswetrust

July 19, 2014, 08:39:12 am #1 Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:04:23 am by Inhogswetrust
I pass them so they will see my HOG plate.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tick Hog

Well if you were around Dallas I would give a down longhorn sign followed by 3 fist pumps. If they were any fan at all they would get the point.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yes by all means communicate with hand gestures while driving. Especially in areas like Dallas and Atlanta.

Might I suggest a safer alternative?

First be absolutely sure they are Razorback fans because think how embarrassing it would be if they aren't. Best way to do this is to follow them very closely. Get right up on their bumper to make sure those are Hog emblems. Also try to ensure that it is officially licensed gear. Real fans only buy items with the CLC seal so they know part of their overpayment goes to the school

Now that you have determined they are real fans it's time to communicate your support.  Hand gestures are dangerous because they might think you are flipping them off throwing a gang sign or trying to use sign language. If they think it is sign language they may become distracted from driving trying to interpret what you are saying

Most important thing now before driving is making sure your car has easily recognizable officially licensed gear too. First while still right behind them honk your horn. This is the audio signal that says hey I want to show you something. Next speed up pass them quickly and then pull right in front of them. This will help make sure they see your stuff. You may want to slow down while in front of them to give them plenty of time to figure out hey this is a Hog fan too. The signal back from them should be the honking of their horn. Once this occurs pull back over into the other lane and slow down so you are now driving side by side. Look over at them give a complimentary head nod and smile. Don't worry about people behind you needing to pass. They will see Razorback stuff on both vehicles and completely understand. Who knows they may get right behind you and start honking and you know what that means
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Just run up and tap their back bumper with your front bumper, when you pull over to exchange insurance cards, say WPS!

Hogfaniam

"You series, Clark?"

J/k had to do it.

I just hit my HogHorn.  It plays the fight song.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Oklahoma Diamond Hog

I never drive ANYWHERE without my hog hat on! :razorback: ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on July 19, 2014, 08:28:53 am
Or some other place outside Arkansas and you see a car with a Hog logo on it. You want to get their attention to tell them you are a Hog can too. Once you get it, what's the best way to communicate your fandom to them? After all, we don't have a hand signal and that goofy diamond thing never took off?

I just ignore 'em as I am a yankee now.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LZH

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 19, 2014, 09:35:33 am
Yes by all means communicate with hand gestures while driving. Especially in areas like Dallas and Atlanta.

First be absolutely sure they are Razorback fans because think how embarrassing it would be if they aren't. Best way to do this is to follow them very closely. Get right up on their bumper to make sure those are Hog emblems. Also try to ensure that it is officially licensed gear. Real fans only buy items with the CLC seal so they know part of their overpayment goes to the school

Now that you have determined they are real fans it's time to communicate your support.  Hand gestures are dangerous because they might think you are flipping them off throwing a gang sign or trying to use sign language. If they think it is sign language they may become distracted from driving trying to interpret what you are saying

Most important thing now before driving is making sure your car has easily recognizable officially licensed gear too. First while still right behind them honk your horn. This is the audio signal that says hey I want to show you something. Next speed up pass them quickly and then pull right in front of them. This will help make sure they see your stuff. You may want to slow down while in front of them to give them plenty of time to figure out hey this is a Hog fan too. The signal back from them should be the honking of their horn. Once this occurs pull back over into the other lane and slow down so you are now driving side by side. Look over at them give a complimentary head nod and smile. Don't worry about people behind you needing to pass. They will see Razorback stuff on both vehicles and completely understand. Who knows they may get right behind you and start honking and you know what that means

"Hog on board"

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I roll down the window and flash my Petit Jean ham.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

BPsTheMan

I've done similar at gas stations or whatever in Georgia and Alabama, and they've always been Hog fans with their nose in the air acting like you're stupid for saying hello to a fellow fan

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 19, 2014, 12:18:38 pm
I've done similar at gas stations or whatever in Georgia and Alabama, and they've always been Hog fans with their nose in the air acting like you're stupid for saying hello to a fellow fan

Do you drive a clunker?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 19, 2014, 12:33:54 pm
Do you drive a clunker?

I bet he does. We here in luxurious Collin County, TX don't want to be seen associating with poor white trash. We don't want our neighbors snickering at us.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 19, 2014, 12:33:54 pm
Do you drive a clunker?

was driving a '99 Explorer then

I never buy anything brand new

so I must have come up on some materialistic folks you're saying?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2014, 12:40:55 pm
I bet he does. We here in luxurious Collin County, TX don't want to be seen associating with poor white trash. We don't want our neighbors snickering at us.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 19, 2014, 09:35:33 am

Reminds me of Thursday afternoon when we were leaving Birmingham following SEC Media Days. We were greeted with several hand gestures from what I assume were Alabama or Auburn fans.

The only suitable reply would not have been prudent since we were traveling in a Suburban wrapped in Razorback Nation logos.

secfan30

I always say "how about them Hogs" or "woo pig Sooie".

ImHogginIt

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 19, 2014, 12:41:57 pm

And if you do stop by my A&M tailgate please don't give anyone an open mouth smile and try and dress well. Perhaps have on your Sunday go to meeting. Thanks  :-*

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2014, 12:47:18 pm
And if you do stop by my A&M tailgate please don't give anyone an open mouth smile and try and dress well. Perhaps have on your Sunday go to meeting. Thanks  :-*

shutup Gus Smoocher

>:(

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 19, 2014, 12:43:17 pm
Reminds me of Thursday afternoon when we were leaving Birmingham following SEC Media Days. We were greeted with several hand gestures from what I assume were Alabama or Auburn fans.

The only suitable reply would not have been prudent since we were traveling in a Suburban wrapped in Razorback Nation logos.

you only live once Mike

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 19, 2014, 12:41:02 pm
was driving a '99 Explorer then

I never buy anything brand new

so I must have come up on some materialistic folks you're saying?

Prolly. Don't let them stop you from acknowledging fellow Hog fans!

thesmalltownhog95

Had the same thing happen to me recently at Pensacola beach. One of my buddies blared the horn while the other pumped his fist and yelled out the window as I waved my hat out the window. We got a honk back followed by some hollering back at us.

LZH

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2014, 12:40:55 pm

Whenever I'm down that way folks pretty much already know where I'm from.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: LZH on July 19, 2014, 02:33:00 pm

as long as chicks dig my sports car, I'm good

[attachment deleted by admin]

Magic_Hogg

I see Hog stuff so often in DFW that I have stopped trying to get anyone's attention.  That is just me. 

Wildhog

Can't wait for the next question in this series.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Wildhog on July 19, 2014, 02:54:10 pm
Can't wait for the next question in this series.

let's not be pissing off North Dallas Forty, shall we..

Wildhog

Quote from: RallyPuppy on July 19, 2014, 02:59:45 pm
let's not be pissing off North Dallas Forty, shall we..

Yeah, there's something I care about...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogFanatic

BENTON PIGGEE

Is this you, RallyPuppy? Where's your Hog bumper sticker? For that matter, where's your bumper?

[attachment deleted by admin]

LZH

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 19, 2014, 04:06:49 pm
Is this you, RallyPuppy? Where's your Hog bumper sticker? For that matter, where's your bumper?

No, that would be me.

Bastard.

PorkerOinker

I guess I have never really worried about letting the other person know I am a Hog fan, not sure why they would care.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Augustus

Quote from: ricepig on July 19, 2014, 09:38:54 am
Just run up and tap their back bumper with your front bumper, when you pull over to exchange insurance cards, say WPS!

legit LOL'd. +1

The Razorbacks are very important to me, sure... but if I'm driving in Dallas, I'm a helluva lot more worried about other things than the Hogs. Just saying

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Augustus on July 19, 2014, 10:50:52 pm
legit LOL'd. +1

The Razorbacks are very important to me, sure... but if I'm driving in Dallas, I'm a helluva lot more worried about other things than the Hogs. Just saying

I would rather drive anywhere in Dallas than the clusterfricks in Ark along I-40 or in West LR

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: LZH on July 19, 2014, 02:33:00 pm

That vehicle has Alabama plates.

It has to be.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on July 19, 2014, 11:55:10 am
I roll down the window and flash my Petit Jean ham.

Good thing it isn't your salami...................................................you could get arrested.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Big Papa Satan on July 20, 2014, 02:14:46 am
That vehicle has Alabama plates.

It has to be.

If it were an aggie vehicle it would have been facing out the window the other direction...............................................

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2014, 10:53:54 pm
I would rather drive anywhere in Dallas than the clusterfricks in Ark along I-40 or in West LR

You need to get out of the house more, I-35 Waco to San Antonio is far worse than anything in Arkansas history of poor road management.

I don't try to get people's attention on the road very often but when I do it's the Air Horn!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 19, 2014, 10:53:54 pm
Amen to that!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 19, 2014, 12:43:17 pm

I suspect it was the standard "1" finger gesture......they were just letting you know their "IQ".  Those were just the average fans for that area.  The smart ones, will have an  IQ of 4 or 5....& will hand gesture with 4 or 5 fingers....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.