Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BEAT AUBURN

Started by scruf, July 18, 2014, 12:41:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

This is the only game that matters in 2014 until it's been played.

LZH

So.......the rest of them do not matter until they're played?

Have another one on me.

scruf

Quote from: LZH on July 18, 2014, 12:43:59 am

Have another one on me.

Hey, now we're getting somewhere, lol, and if by "another" you mean another *win* then gladly.

PurpleBullHog

Baby steps.  Baby steps out of the locker room.  Baby steps to the bus.  Baby steps down the Hog Walk.  Baby steps onto the field.  One snap at a time.  One possession at a time.  one quarter at a time.  And most importantly, one game at a time.  It's a one-game season right now.  And there will be another one-game season after that. 

Al Boarland

I'm sure CBB will pull out all the stops. What's the over/under on trick plays? I'm going with 2.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2014, 06:23:05 am
I'm sure CBB will pull out all the stops. What's the over/under on trick plays? I'm going with 2.

Is the forward pass a trick play?
SEC!

Al Boarland

Quote from: MountieDawg on July 18, 2014, 06:36:21 am
Is the forward pass a trick play?

Nah, I heard a rumor that we will be surprised at how dynamic Chaney's O will be. 

LZH

Quote from: scruf on July 18, 2014, 12:54:28 am
Hey, now we're getting somewhere, lol, and if by "another" you mean another *win* then gladly.

Fair enough.   +1

Jamie Jones

I'm still leaning toward the defense throwing everything at Auburn. New defensive staff and new attitude will mean that Auburn won't be able to scout it. I think something similar to the "minnows in a bucket" defense that Keith Burns used to orchestrate would be quite confusing for a first game. Like I said, they have no reference to draw on.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

MJ2

Quote from: scruf on July 18, 2014, 12:41:28 am

Good point.   The staff has known for months who they will be facing.   So, if we go out and lay an egg, it'll tell us a lot about the preparation and the abilities of the staff.   I say it's the most critical game of CBB's career thus far.
You better believe Auburn will be prepared.

PygmalionEffect

I doubt we will see an onside kick in the first half, or at least if they do try it, it won't be with signs around their necks reading "we're getting ready to try an on-side kick so get ready for it"  like they did last year.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

nextlevel

Quote from: MJ2 on July 18, 2014, 09:23:01 am
Good point.   The staff has known for months who they will be facing.   So, if we go out and lay an egg, it'll tell us a lot about the preparation and the abilities of the staff.   I say it's the most critical game of CBB's career thus far.
You better believe Auburn will be prepared.

LOL.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

cosmodrum

Dear Football Season,

YOUR ASS NEEDS TO HURRY UP AND GET HERE.

Sincerely,

cosmodrum
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 18, 2014, 10:35:01 am
Dear Football Season,

Sincerely,

cosmodrum
Return to sender...

ldfergu

Quote from: LZH on July 18, 2014, 12:43:59 am

Have another one on me.

#1-0

KlubhouseKonnected

So just trick plays by us? Gus is all about tricks.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

cosmodrum

Depends, how many times are we lining up in punt formation?
Go away, batin'

footballfan

I think you're wrong. I don;t think it matters UNTIL the game has been played. Reversing the flow of our chi in combination with eastern practices of feng shui physics will undoubtedly yield positive results the minute the seconds tick off this game, leaving us in a state of tantric peace and well prepared to meet the yangs of our enemies in concordance with our own yin. Its quite simple, really, and the fact that you didn't know this was laughable.

DoctorSusscrofa

Very interesting to see exactly which fans have already thrown in the towel.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

scruf

Quote from: footballfan on July 18, 2014, 12:52:57 pm
I think you're wrong. I don;t think it matters UNTIL the game has been played. Reversing the flow of our chi in combination with eastern practices of feng shui physics will undoubtedly yield positive results the minute the seconds tick off this game, leaving us in a state of tantric peace and well prepared to meet the yangs of our enemies in concordance with our own yin. Its quite simple, really, and the fact that you didn't know this was laughable.

To quote Alanis Morrissette, "You already won me o-ver / In spite of me"

Al Boarland

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 18, 2014, 10:53:07 am
So just trick plays by us? Gus is all about tricks.

I'll put Auburn at 2 as well.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Brets Boars on July 18, 2014, 10:37:53 am
The problem is Gus doesn't really factor the opposing defensive scheme into his play-calling until the game has started. He goes in knowing the opposition has to immediately counter his up-tempo attack, otherwise he can run 4-5 plays like he did vs. us last year and run you out of town. Once you counter/set up to stop the run, then he lets Marshall try and beat you deep. It's simply a matter of maintaining all gaps for as many of the minutes the defense is on the field, and trying to create turnovers.

With them returning a pretty stout OL, QB, and adding the #1 JUCO player to their offense, we're gonna have our work cut out for us. It's risky facing an offense like that with a power-run attack like ours, because if we can't get going quickly we might look up at halftime and be down 30-40 points.
You seem to have forgotten that Willy owned Gus. I think that Coach Smith is an upgrade from Willy Robinson. My point is this, no matter how great you think Gus is, if we are in formations that are unfamiliar to the players on the field, it will take some time to figure out where the defense is coming from. Gus isn't the be all end all of offensive football. And more than one coach has won with a defense using smoke and mirrors.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

RazorChuck

Quote from: footballfan on July 18, 2014, 12:52:57 pmGrasshopper

HogGoneWild

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 18, 2014, 02:59:49 pm
You seem to have forgotten that Willy owned Gus. I think that Coach Smith is an upgrade from Willy Robinson. My point is this, no matter how great you think Gus is, if we are in formations that are unfamiliar to the players on the field, it will take some time to figure out where the defense is coming from. Gus isn't the be all end all of offensive football. And more than one coach has won with a defense using smoke and mirrors.

With equal or better talent, Gus hasn't been stopped yet in the SEC. Arkansas will be better this year however starting the season at Auburn is not going to be a positive experience I am afraid

OTTER

What I'm looking for at Auburn is an improved offense, under a healthy BA, receivers who run crisp routes and catch the darn ball and a strong running game.  If we get good production from BA and our receivers, especially a couple of the freshmen, the running game will give Auburn fits.  The defense MUST be 30 to 40% better than last year and if I see one stinking attempt at a swishing arm tackle by a defensive back, I'm gonna puke.  I want patient aggression, stay in your gap, and knock the snot outta the guy with the ball, defense.  We do those things, it will be a game won in the 4th quarter, by the Hogs.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ricepig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on July 18, 2014, 02:28:02 pm
Very interesting to see exactly which fans have already thrown in the towel.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the "Auburn" fans in this thread haven't thrown the towel in.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: PurpleBullHog on July 18, 2014, 01:44:07 am
Baby steps.  Baby steps out of the locker room.  Baby steps to the bus.  Baby steps down the Hog Walk.  Baby steps onto the field.  One snap at a time.  One possession at a time.  one quarter at a time.  And most importantly, one game at a time.  It's a one-game season right now.  And there will be another one-game season after that.

#1-0

LZH

Quote from: PurpleBullHog on July 18, 2014, 01:44:07 am

So, you were in the band, huh?

forrest city joe

The game i want to see the Hogs win is Bama. BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SABAN AND BAMA. getting beat 52 to 0,  2 years in a row make me want to puke. i want the Hogs to win them all. but i hate Alabama with a passion.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogGoneWild on July 18, 2014, 04:22:48 pm
With equal or better talent, Gus hasn't been stopped yet in the SEC. Arkansas will be better this year however starting the season at Auburn is not going to be a positive experience I am afraid

Hasn't been stopped? I guess LSU didn't count?

Al Boarland

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 18, 2014, 08:05:09 pm
The game i want to see the Hogs win is Bama. BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SABAN AND BAMA. getting beat 52 to 0,  2 years in a row make me want to puke. i want the Hogs to win them all. but i hate Alabama with a passion.

No, no, no, the ONLY thing that matters is beating Auburn and the coach that spurned us for Auburn. Nothing else matters.

870hogfan

Quote from: Apredictablekansasd on July 18, 2014, 09:35:54 pm
No, no, no, the ONLY thing that matters is beating Auburn and the coach that spurned us for Auburn. Nothing else matters.

Lol You are so predictable...

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Al Boarland

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 18, 2014, 09:40:32 pm

Lol You are so predictable...

I could say the same about you. Just know come Aug 1  the personal attacks better stop.

870hogfan

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2014, 10:50:57 pm
I could say the same about you. Just know come Aug 1  the personal attacks better stop.

Why you're an Auburn fan....

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jamie Jones on July 18, 2014, 07:02:15 am
I'm still leaning toward the defense throwing everything at Auburn. New defensive staff and new attitude will mean that Auburn won't be able to scout it. I think something similar to the "minnows in a bucket" defense that Keith Burns used to orchestrate would be quite confusing for a first game. Like I said, they have no reference to draw on.

Uh... how many times has Robb Smith coached against Gus?

The "unknown" is a two edged sword.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 18, 2014, 10:35:01 am
Dear Football Season,

Sincerely,

cosmodrum

Love it!  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 18, 2014, 02:49:53 pm
I'll put Auburn at 2 as well.

Is flopping a trick play?  ;)

ChitownHawg

TheRazorback500

Auburn. Just Beat Them. Swoosh.  :razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

scruf

Hogs win 37-24. Auburn sucks. That team is going to implode this year. Too many promises made to too many selfish players.

Cinco de Hogo

Wasn't it CBB himself that said +1?

Ya'll making fun of the OP for saying the same thing?  Just play the season on game at a time.

For the team worrying about any game but the next one would be a distraction wouldn't it?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 21, 2014, 04:56:26 pm
I'll have what he's drinking

How is he wrong, based on his statement? Answer: He isn't. It is currently, the most important game for us until we have the next one ahead of us. It isn't a "make or break" game, no matter how it turns out.
Go Hogs Go!

PygmalionEffect

I'll settle for the same offensive production in the first half of this year's game as we had in the first half of last year.

And I'll just assume that if we have 199 yards of total offense in the first half, we'll have more than 3 points this time.

Herndon ruled to have bobbled potential TD pass on first series
Two turnovers by our backup TE playing QB in as many series
Ridiculous on-side kick call by CBB that aubarn knew was coming
Stuffed on 3 plays from inside the 3 yard line, turnover on downs

All that in the first half.

80 yd aubarn TD pass on 3rd and long where Mitchel falls down.
BA over-throws wide open Sprinkle for what would have been a TD

Until corrected, Ash comes out several times in a defensive alignment using all DE's across the line of scrimmage with only 6 in the box even though aubarn is only running the ball.  I think it was the 2nd half before Ash corrected this.

Just about anything that will go differently this year will be in our favor, except for home field advantage.

Only a&m had a worse performance defensively against us than aubarn, we just couldn't protect the ball.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Phil D

I am on record saying Arkansas will beat Auburn by a touchdown and I stand by that prediction, my reasons for this are pretty succinctly laid out in the post above. Saint Gus wont know what hit him come August 30. This team will be night and day from last year. I'm not predicting a national championship but I do think we reach a bowl this year. Auburn will be a victory for the hogs. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Razor6

This thread needs a bump! 

I am on board with this.  We should be going crazy for this game.  I think we can win it!  GO HOGS!  BEAT AUBURN!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Batesville Hogfan

Hopefully the over/under on fake punts or onside kicks is ZERO!!!

mckinneyhog5

Does anyone know what time the game starts and is it on U-verse?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

lefty08

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on July 21, 2014, 11:51:04 pm
Does anyone know what time the game starts and is it on U-verse?

3pm on the sec network
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

870hogfan

Quote from: The Big Easy on July 21, 2014, 09:48:12 pm
I could be wrong but I don't think our current HC will ever beat Gus , not even once

Yeah you will be wrong. Now run along Gus fan boy...