Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Breaking News*** Suddenlink WILL Carry SEC Network

Started by flynhog, July 17, 2014, 10:07:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flynhog

Hey guys! If you live in Suddenlinks coverage are in Arkansas PLEASE call and request the SEC network be included in their programming package. 

I called yesterday and it is not included at this time. 

Thanks in advance.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 17, 2014, 10:58:52 am
Suddendlink  = Super bad!

They are what they are, a cable provider. Is there a good one?

Dwight_K_Shrute

July 17, 2014, 12:26:34 pm #3 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:19:23 pm by Dwight_K_Shrute
Don't know why people fret so about their provider not carrying SEC network.  If it is that important to you just switch. Most people will have 2 viable options Uverse and Dish. Best way to send your current provider a message is to drop them. Switching cost are low to 0. And they usually offer great incentives for the first year or two. Sure there are pros and cons for each provider but if you want the network you can get it quite easily. Sure mamaw might have to learn the new channel for her stories but that's about it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on July 17, 2014, 11:00:20 am
They are what they are, a cable provider. Is there a good one?

Come to think of it not really.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 17, 2014, 12:26:34 pm
Don't know why people fret so about their provider not carrying SEC network.  If it is that important to you just switch. Most people will have 2 viable options Uverse and Dish. Best way to send your current provider a message is to drop them. Switching cost are low to 0. And they usually offer great incentives for the first year or two. Sure there are pros and cons for each provider but if you want the meteor you can get it quite easily. Sure mamaw's might have to learn the new channel for her stories but that's about it.

Should be able to ad Directv to that list very soon.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

Spoke to a manager fella at Suddenlink today.  I wanted to know if they were going to carry the SEC Network.  He said it's in the works and should be announced 2 weeks before the season.  He said the SEC is negotiating with the big dogs first before the regional cable companies.  The reason Cox was announced so early is that their head dude has connections. 

We shall see.  I've never been a fan of theirs so part of me hopes he was lying.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkerOinker

I hope he is right, I have always been pleased with Suddenlink as a whole. Really don't want to make the switch to satellite.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

bjeffersonhog

Cox is also the second largest cable company success Comcast bought time warner

HF#1

Merge this with my Suddenlink thread so that Mr Shrute doesn't have a gosh damn coronary.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

GO

July 18, 2014, 05:52:11 pm #10 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:55:06 pm by GO
***Apologies for starting a new thread. I look for days and see no info on Suddenlink then post this without looking and see two others. Merge it with the others please***

Thought I would share a conversation I had a lunch today with a gentleman from Suddenlink here in south AR about the status of them carrying the SECNetwork. I will start by saying I do not know his name or position within the company other than I am pretty sure he was not just an installer as he was dressed nicer and no truck in the parking lot. He was sitting at a table next to us at lunch today and was by himself with a Suddenlink logo on his shirt so I struck up a conversation about getting the SEC Network.

He told me that what they had been told was that they were currently in negotiations with them on the matter. He said locally they had already been told to set aside a channel to broadcast it on and that all of that had already been decided on and was ready to go when a agreement was reached.

He said from everything he had been told is that it will be added to the basic plus (extended) package at no extra charge (will see). He also said part of the negotiation was about the Longhorn Network and his feeling is that it would be a regional thing and it most likely would not be offered here in South AR or other areas where the viewership would be minimal. He finished by saying, what most of us have been thinking, it will probably be a last minute deal announcement, but that on the local level they have everything ready to go when an agreement is finally reached.

Anyway just a little bit of info for us people here in Suddenlink land. Hope he is right!

Rooka

To help back your story, my father has worked for Suddenlink for many years and is echoing these same comments for here in NEA as well.

GO

Quote from: Rooka on July 18, 2014, 05:56:23 pm
To help back your story, my father has worked for Suddenlink for many years and is echoing these same comments for here in NEA as well.

That's good to hear cause I really didn't want to switch.

rlreev01

I was told the same thing down here in Texas. I will wait until August 15, if not done by then, I will get a satellite dish. I informed them that too.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

snoutface

My cable service is provided by a privately owned company that services Yell County. I got home from work one night last week and was running the sports channels, when much to wondering eyes did appear a blank screen with the title SEC Network. I just sat there and watched it for 15-20 minutes. finally my wife threw a shoe at me and told me to keep surfing. All this to say, don't fret folks. This will be worked out. Business is business, and SEC sports is big business.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

The equipment needed to carry the SEC network has been installed in all Suddenlink headends.  Just sayin...

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

CountryHam

It's gonna happen...can't wait...WPS!

turtleman

Anybody know anything on Suddenlink and their acquiring the SEC Network?

emeraldmesa13

Any updates as to whether Suddenlink will carry the SEC network?

ricepig

Quote from: emeraldmesa13 on July 26, 2014, 11:59:52 am
Any updates as to whether Suddenlink will carry the SEC network?

Well, they've cleared up some channel space, I doubt they are going to leave the channel by ESPN, ESPN2, and FSSW empty. Of course, they may just be adding the 5th shopping network??

redeye

BatesvilleHOG

Unfortunately, my cable and internet supplier.

ricepig

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on July 26, 2014, 03:15:09 pm
Unfortunately, my cable and internet supplier.

Same, hopefully the moved channels mean something.

HamIAm

July 26, 2014, 03:29:22 pm #24 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:13:21 pm by HamIAm
Quote from: redeye on July 26, 2014, 02:44:53 pm
What's a suddenlink?

Was that a serious question or an attempt at humor?  Suddenlink is the 7th largest cable company in the US.

According to their website they provide service in Arkansas to Altus, Arkadelphia, Atkins, Austin, Batesville, Bay, Bono, Booneville, Bull-Shoals, Cabot, Carlisle, Cave City, Clarksville, Cotter, Dardanelle, DeValls Bluff, Desha, Dewitt, Diaz, Dover, El Dorado, Flippin, Gassville, Gurdon, Hazen, Heber Springs, Helena, Hot Springs Village, Hoxie, Jacksonport, Jacksonville, Jefferson, Jessieville, Jonesboro, Junction City, Lakeview, Lamar, Lexa, LR Air Force Base, Lonoke, Magnolia, Malvern, Marvell, Maynard, Midway, Morrilton, Mt Ida, Mountain Home, North LIttle Rock, Newport, Ozark, Paris, Pine Bluff, Pocahontas, Poplar Grove, Pottsville, Rockport, Redfield, Russellville, Sheridan, Sherwood, State University, Strong, Stuttgart, Sulphur Rock, Tuckerman, Waldo, Walnut Ridge, Ward, West Helena, White Hall.

Other states where they have a presence are Arizona, California, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, MIssissippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia

HamIAm

Quote from: ricepig on July 26, 2014, 12:03:27 pm
Well, they've cleared up some channel space, I doubt they are going to leave the channel by ESPN, ESPN2, and FSSW empty. Of course, they may just be adding the 5th shopping network??

Interesting, I can't tell that they have moved anything in Magnolia.  We've always had a gap in channels below Fox Sports on the non-HD lineup.  On the HD lineup there aren't any gaps surrounding those channels.

ricepig

Quote from: HamIAm on July 26, 2014, 03:34:03 pm
Interesting, I can't tell that they have moved anything in Magnolia.

Well, they moved a couple of channels in Jonesboro and haven't replaced them, just a page telling you where they moved them to. A local sports guy tweeted that it looked like they were getting ready for the SEC Network, like I said, hopefully it isn't another shopping channel.

HamIAm

Well, now that I think about it I think they did move SpikeTV from channel 58 to 70 on the non-HD lineup and replaced it with FS1.  I don't really keep up with the non-HD channels since they are on the HD lineup too.

HogRedTilImDead

Quote from: HamIAm on July 26, 2014, 03:29:22 pm
Was that a serious question or an attempt at humor?  Suddenlink is the 7th largest cable company in the US.

According to their website they provide service in Arkansas to Altus, Arkadelphia, Atkins, Austin, Batesville, Bay, Bono, Booneville, Bull-Shoals, Cabot, Carlisle, Cave City, Clarksville, Cotter, Dardanelle, DeValls Bluff, Desha, Dewitt, Diaz, Dover, El Dorado, Flippin, Gassville, Gurdon, Hazen, Heber Springs, Helena, Hot Springs Village, Hoxie, Jacksonport, Jacksonville, Jefferson, Jessieville, Joneboro, Junction City, Lakeview, Lamar, Lexa, LR Air Force Base, Lonoke, Magnolia, Malvern, Marvell, Maynard, Midway, Morrilton, Mt Ida, Mountain Home, North LIttle Rock, Newport, Ozark, Paris, Pine Bluff, Pocahontas, Poplar Grove, Pottsville, Rockport, Redfield, Russellville, Sheridan, Sherwood, State University, Strong, Stuttgart, Sulphur Rock, Tuckerman, Waldo, Walnut Ridge, Ward, West Helena, White Hall.

Other states where they have a presence are Arizona, California, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, MIssissippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia

I really didn't know what suddenlink was either. I assumed it was a cable or satellite provider, given the subject being discussed. 7th largest cable company is kind of a dubious honor. Hope they get you taken care of for SECN. Cheers!
GO HOGS!!

Dozerdogg

Talked to tech support they told me that they would have it available by august 14.  Take that for what it's worth. The dude might have been a DA

redeye

Quote from: HamIAm on July 26, 2014, 03:29:22 pm

According to their website they provide service in Arkansas to Altus, Arkadelphia, Atkins, Austin, Batesville, Bay, Bono, Booneville, Bull-Shoals, Cabot, Carlisle, Cave City, Clarksville, Cotter, Dardanelle, DeValls Bluff, Desha, Dewitt, Diaz, Dover, El Dorado, Flippin, Gassville, Gurdon, Hazen, Heber Springs, Helena, Hot Springs Village, Hoxie, Jacksonport, Jacksonville, Jefferson, Jessieville, Jonesboro, Junction City, Lakeview, Lamar, Lexa, LR Air Force Base, Lonoke, Magnolia, Malvern, Marvell, Maynard, Midway, Morrilton, Mt Ida, Mountain Home, North LIttle Rock, Newport, Ozark, Paris, Pine Bluff, Pocahontas, Poplar Grove, Pottsville, Rockport, Redfield, Russellville, Sheridan, Sherwood, State University, Strong, Stuttgart, Sulphur Rock, Tuckerman, Waldo, Walnut Ridge, Ward, West Helena, White Hall.

I was being serious.  Wasn't trying to be funny, but just didn't know.

Rooka

The hangup is not the SEC network itself. ESPN's contract with Suddenlink is soon reaching expiration and they are trying to knock this all out at once.

Jek Tono Porkins

Believe it or not, some people have never heard of suddenlink. I never heard of it 'till I moved to Arkadelphia. I nixed suddenlink cable a couple months ago, just don't use it enough to justify what I'm spending on it. Wanted to upgrade my internet but apparently there was no cost difference between just new internet and old internet+cable. So I got home phone service that I don't use. New internet+home phone is apparently cheaper than the other options I mentioned. I'm not going back either. I'll drive up to LR to visit my great aunt who has sec network with comcast if the game is on sec network and go watch it at a bar if it's on somewhere else. Cable tv is a racket.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PorkerOinker

I haven't noticed any lineup changes in Clarksville with Suddenlink so far. I guess I am one of the few that prefers cable to satelite and actually had nothing but good experiences with Suddenlink. Not sure about other areas, but Suddenlink it by far the fastest internet provider in Clarksville from what I can tell I know several that have switched from Centurylink to Suddenlink internet here and have found no one in this area that prefers Satelite internet over DSL/Cable.

I have looked at dropping cable to go with Dish to see if I could get it any cheaper and I could get my TV service a little cheaper. By the time I pay for DISH and keep my internet with Suddenlink (which I will do as long as I live in Clarksville or until a better option comes around) I was going to be paying about the same total so I am just keeping it with Suddenlink.

hhicNaychaBoi

I was flipping through my channels today and noticed that the family channel has been moved and that channel now says sec on the station indicator. I hope it's the sec network. I can't make it to Fayetteville so I want to watch all the razorback games possible on tv

ricepig

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on July 27, 2014, 08:30:56 pm
I was flipping through my channels today and noticed that the family channel has been moved and that channel now says sec on the station indicator. I hope it's the sec network. I can't make it to Fayetteville so I want to watch all the razorback games possible on tv

Yep, that's the theory I'm going on, noticed it last week.

hhicNaychaBoi

I work too much to catch much TV  lol....ever since I noticed it today I've been going back to it hoping to see some football lol...the season can't get here fast enough...I'm tired of seeing baseball on espn

elksnort

Quote from: PorkerOinker on July 18, 2014, 02:45:42 pm
I hope he is right, I have always been pleased with Suddenlink as a whole. Really don't want to make the switch to satellite.
Same here. My land line (that we never use), internet, and cable are all through Suddenlink. I have actually have been pleased with Suddenlink. Changing is not a very good option for me.

jc21711

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 17, 2014, 12:26:34 pm
Don't know why people fret so about their provider not carrying SEC network.  If it is that important to you just switch. Most people will have 2 viable options Uverse and Dish. Best way to send your current provider a message is to drop them. Switching cost are low to 0. And they usually offer great incentives for the first year or two. Sure there are pros and cons for each provider but if you want the network you can get it quite easily. Sure mamaw might have to learn the new channel for her stories but that's about it.

Our choice in only Suddenlink where I live. No Uverse and neighbor's trees are in the way for satellite. Sometimes people can't just switch.

PorkerOinker

Still no changes on the channel lineup here in Clarksville, but I am not to concerned with it. I am sure Suddenlink will have it by the 14th, but either way I have plenty of family with DISH to watch the games at their house.

chuckinss

I live in Texas and have been VERY worried about Suddenlink carrying the SEC Network.  I just got off the phone from the Suddenlink main office and was told that they WILL carry the SEC Network!!  Not sure when, but that it WILL be sometime in August!!!!

Bring on the season.....and.....GO HOGS!!!!

Ray Zor

Happy for you but Son of a b****, If DirecTv doesn't announce soon I'm switching. Getting ridiculous. Everyone but them now.
GO HOGS

ricepig

Hope you're right, I figure by the 28th we'll have it, probably sooner.

HF#1

MagnasHog15

I second that with the OP. Just contacted Suddenlink and was told they are carrying the SEC Network sometime in mid-August!!! Just switched back after having DirecTV.
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

HamIAm

Phatasshog

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EFFIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

count of bacon

Comcast adding SEC Network.........August 14, 2014.

hawgwild child

YESSSS!!!  PARTY AT MY HOUSE FIRST GAME!!!  WERE GOING STREAKING, if Arkansas wins of course

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.