Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Directv to offer NFL Sundy Ticket without Satellite

Started by rhog1, July 16, 2014, 06:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Looks like anyone who is thinking about or has switched to another provider for the SEC Network can still buy NFL Sunday Ticket for PC and game console streaming without a Directv account. This would also be a great option for the cord cutters.

Professor Psychosis

Not a bad deal.  Thanks for passing that along.  Not as good as the "buy Madden special edition for $100, get Sunday Ticket for the season" like it was last year, but still, not a bad deal.  The future is here.

PorcineSublime

Great deal if you live in an apartment building, NYC, SF, or attend certain universities. Otherwise you are not eligible.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

rhog1

Quote from: PorcineSublime on July 16, 2014, 08:27:06 pm
Great deal if you live in an apartment building, NYC, SF, or attend certain universities. Otherwise you are not eligible.
They have added to the page. They didn't have all those restrictions listed earlier.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: PorcineSublime on July 16, 2014, 08:27:06 pm

Didn't see that.  Bummer there.

Last year, the Madden deal through Amazon was supposed to be for $10 off per month on a DirecTV subscription for like 12 months with Sunday Ticket included at no extra cost.  But there was a way around that.  The fine print said that if you were not eligible for DirecTV where you lived due to poor sky view or any other reason, then you could still get the streaming Sunday Ticket to your PC or mobile device without the DirecTV subscription.  All you had to do was check a box during the online sign up process after the code arrived with the video game that said you were not able to receive DirecTV.

I guess they learned their lesson about that.  But still, the future is arriving, if only in a couple of cities, for now.

moses_007

I've long said that ESPN should sell online packages too for additional revenue to those folks that don't have satellite or cable.  The SEC Network could also be sold online to individual subscribers as well.