Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K.J. Hill takes over top spot in Arkansas on 247

Started by ldfergu, July 16, 2014, 05:05:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInFlorida

It's criminal how overlooked Ty Storey is. Even as a 92 rated 4 star, he's underrated.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

ldfergu

Quote from: HogInFlorida on July 16, 2014, 05:47:07 pm
It's criminal how overlooked Ty Storey is. Even as a 92 rated 4 star, he's underrated.

Im sure if he keeps it up this season he'll get re-evaluated and possibly earn a higher rank

MissippHog

It's interesting to see how players move up or down during the off-season. 

ricepig

Quote from: MissippHog on July 16, 2014, 06:16:25 pm
It's interesting to see how players move up or down during the off-season. 

Which leads one to think there isn't an exact science to it.

ldfergu

Quote from: ricepig on July 16, 2014, 06:22:23 pm

They do re-evaluate after camps.  Wasn't he just at The Opening?

Huds_HawgTide

What's funny how the ones with lots of offers that hold out on committing keep moving up...the ones they had ranked higher that commit early move down
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

tophawg19

Byron Keaton needs to be higher than 20th. he is a very good cover guy . and really impressed in the camp. He was the only one in camp that could hang with the smackover recruit we signed . This is one we don't want to get away.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 16, 2014, 06:50:23 pm
What's funny how the ones with lots of offers that hold out on committing keep moving up...the ones they had ranked higher that commit early move down

Then that should bode well for our class.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Quote from: HogInFlorida on July 16, 2014, 05:47:07 pm

Having watched him live, I agree.  It has to be because of the level of competition he plays.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jjdlc on July 16, 2014, 07:08:54 pm
Having watched him live, I agree. It has to be because of the level of competition he plays.

That's a very plausible explanation.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ICEman

K.J. Hill is a 94 and Alabama's composite recruiting average is slightly over 94.  Therefore, K. J. Hill would be just an average player on Alabama's squad according to 247's ranking criteria.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

root_hawg

Sorry seen the top 3 play and Storey is the most impressive to me

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ICEman on July 16, 2014, 08:09:10 pm
K.J. Hill is a 94 and Alabama's composite recruiting average is slightly over 94.  Therefore, K. J. Hill would be just an average player on Alabama's squad according to 247's ranking criteria.

Sounds right.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on July 16, 2014, 06:22:23 pm

This is the understatement of the year.

Hoggish1

You are connecting the dots here...  The whole game of rating recruiting is to sell subscriptions. Guy with five offers doesn't sell many of those, but guy with 30 is a winna in more ways than one...

redeye

I completely agree.  I'm not surprised that Hill and Gragg are now 1-2 or that Trail is now in the top 5.  However, I am surprised that Gragg's rating seems to have dropped, along with some others.  Also surprised that Sprinkle is at #19: that he may choose baseball doesn't make him any less of a football player.

trphog

Has there ever been this many 3* and higher recruits in the state of Arkansas? 31 of them this year by 247's rankings.

redeye

Quote from: trphog on July 16, 2014, 10:06:11 pm
Has there ever been this many 3* and higher recruits in the state of Arkansas? 31 of them this year by 247's rankings.

Not that I can recall.

LRrazorback

What about Darveon Brown, is it expected he may receive an offer?

Huds_HawgTide

I was under impression dj brown may receive one and darveon prob not
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

greenie

SIA discussed, but it seems Ross Trail got very little attention from the Hogs, or maybe did and I didn't see it, or maybe with Ty Storey committed there is just no perceived need.  I'm certainly happy with what I've heard about Ty, but am just curious about what the feeling is about Ross.

Huds_HawgTide

Ross is a stud too...just a cpl pegs below ty
tommy boy

redeye

Quote from: greenie on July 17, 2014, 11:19:21 am
SIA discussed, but it seems Ross Trail got very little attention from the Hogs, or maybe did and I didn't see it, or maybe with Ty Storey committed there is just no perceived need.  I'm certainly happy with what I've heard about Ty, but am just curious about what the feeling is about Ross.

From what we've heard, it appears there's just no perceived need.  But I do find it interesting that he has no SEC offers.

The_Iceman

Quote from: greenie on July 17, 2014, 11:19:21 am

Got Ty early, no need for 2 QB's.

ricepig

FSHog67

O'Grady is a Hog. Is not shown as such on list.

ricepig

Quote from: FSHog67 on July 17, 2014, 08:01:09 pm
O'Grady is a Hog. Is not shown as such on list.
It's got a Hog under team, just like the other commits.

tophawg19

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on July 17, 2014, 11:26:04 am
Ross is a stud too...just a cpl pegs below ty
I'm a big TY Storey fan but i think Trail may be just as good . time will tell. i wish we could take both. I think that would be an epic QB  battle

tophawg19

guys go watch Keaton and tell me he is the 20th player . that kid can cover anyone in H/S

RNHog

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

Johnboy

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Johnboy on July 22, 2014, 10:06:26 am
Do you happen to be from Warren?  LOL

Why because he gave his opinion on two players that he thinks are good ball players??

Jek Tono Porkins

Not saying I agree with it, but the reason Ty Storey isn't ranked higher is found if you look at his "traits." His "feet" score a 5 on a 10 point scale and his "intangibles" score a 7, which I find absolutely hilarious because the definition of intangible is "unable to be touched or grasped; not having physical presence." How are you supposed to score intangibles on a scale?

Oh well, we'll get the last laugh.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung