Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What teams would you put in the same tier as arkansas?

Started by Sweet Feet, July 16, 2014, 12:45:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ss1000

unfortunately, not many teams went 0-8 in a bcs conference. so currently thats whos on our tier.
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

HiggiePiggy

I put us with pretty much every team that is middle of the pack in their conference.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

fortsmithokie

Sticking with the BCS era and ranking teams from 1 start to 5 star (with 5 the best), Arkansas is a mid-level 3, although they've looked more like a two the last couple seasons.

discombobulationist

Quote from: LRRandy on July 17, 2014, 07:09:57 am
i don't think you can put them on the level of Wisconsin and Mich. St. Both those schools have conference championships and multiple BCS game appearances.

Exactly! I'd love to have the same levels of success as WI and Mich St. We aren't even close right now. They are winning conference championships and going to top-tier bowls. We'll be lucky if we can win a conference game for the second year in a row. We got a brief taste of success under Petrino, but honestly we're a lot closer to the mississippi schools than we are to WI and Mich St right now. Hopefully CBB gets us to that level.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

rusvegashog

Quote from: popcornhog on July 17, 2014, 07:18:31 am
How so? Most of our fans expect national titles and believe that we're on par with schools like Michigan State and Stanford with the goal of becoming an Alabama.
My point exactly. They expect us to be a tier 4 or 5 program( Stanford to Alabama). Reality is we are a tier 3 program. We're not stuck as a tier 3 program it's up to those young athletes and coaches to change the perception. They have my unwavering support.

rzrbaxfan

The dumpster fire that happened after the motorcycle wreck has clouded some people's judgement.  Since 2004, the hogs have a BCS Bowl appearance, 3 January Bowl appearances (2 Cotton, one Cap 1), 3 10+ win seasons, and has won the west.  To compare us to Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy or Kentucky is laughable.  I get it, we are bad now. But the last 2 seasons have not defined us as a program.  We have endured setbacks that most programs never face.

To the original question...what other teams are in our tier (similar accomplishments over the last 10 years)?  I'd put aTm, Mizzou and SC from in conference and Ok St, Nebraska, Clemson and UCLA from out of conference.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on July 23, 2014, 12:00:29 pm
The dumpster fire that happened after the motorcycle wreck has clouded some people's judgement.  Since 2004, the hogs have a BCS Bowl appearance, 3 January Bowl appearances (2 Cotton, one Cap 1), 3 10+ win seasons, and has won the west.  To compare us to Ole Miss, MSU, Vandy or Kentucky is laughable.  I get it, we are bad now. But the last 2 seasons have not defined us as a program.  We have endured setbacks that most programs never face.

To the original question...what other teams are in our tier (similar accomplishments over the last 10 years)?  I'd put aTm, Mizzou and SC from in conference and Ok St, Nebraska, Clemson and UCLA from out of conference.

Agree.  We are a solid 2nd tier, and I think CBB gets us to the TOp tier sooner than people think!

rickm1976

Clemson, West Virginia, Va Tech, OK State, Mich State, UCLA, Wisconsin,  etc.