Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions for Bielema, Hogs today?

Started by Jason Carroll, July 16, 2014, 07:32:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

What questions do you want answered from Bielema and players during the Razorbacks session today at SEC Media Day? Let us know and we will try to pick a few questions to ask.

ldfergu

How does he feel newcomer Josh Williams will contribute at LB this season?

Hawg_Thai'd

How much has Damon Mitchell and AJ Derby progessed since changing positions and how much can we expect to see them?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

MuskogeeHogFan

1) While gameplans may vary from opponent to opponent, overall and on average, how much do you plan to open up the offense to a greater degree this year in terms of passing the ball?

2) How many carries per game do you and Jim Chaney plan to give Korliss Marshall this season and how might that effect how you will utilize J. Williams and A. Collins?
Go Hogs Go!

HF#1

Does he expect the secondary and WR groups to make big leaps this season?  What did he think of those two groups performance last season?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

razorsharptusk

How is Brandon Allen?  So goes Allen, so goes the season.
GO HOGS!!

ldfergu

How have kids adapted to Robb Smith's philosophy? Does it seem like the unit as a whole is more on the same page?

HeismanHawg

2) How many carries per game do you and Jim Chaney plan to give Korliss Marshall this season and how might that effect how you will utilize J. Williams and A. Collins?
[/quote]
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Given the majority of teams are hurry up now a days do you think Arkansas style will present unique challenges to other teams moving forward? (the opposite of hurry up basically)

PonderinHog

What area do you expect to see the most improvement, compared to last year?

Poker_hog

How are the back-up qbs progressing?  If BA is injured again or struggling, how much confidence do you have in the back ups?
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

nextlevel

Cordale Boyd, typo in the media guide or is he now a defensive linemen.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

thefisher

1. In what specific areas of the offense and defense does he expect to see the most tangible improvement on the field?

2. Exactly and specifically who will these improvements be through? (names of coaches/players)

3. How have these improvements been gained over last year?

4. Why does he have confidence that those specific improvements will be seen on the field this year?

5. Who does he believe has made the most improvement over the off season? Why?
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

immahog

sorry this is NOT a question for coach but what time are we up today ??
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Poker_hog

Quote from: immahog on July 16, 2014, 08:06:14 am
sorry this is NOT a question for coach but what time are we up today ??

Second session 12-3
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Killean

Are there any specific players in the linebacker corps that he expects to shine this fall or will the unit overall just be improved?
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hawgzinbowlz

Is our linebacker and secondary depth SEC adequate?
Is our defensive back seven more in sync with each other and the defense as a whole?

" GO HOGS "

welchog

What is different about this team that will translate into wins

BOAR_N2BWILD

You talk about player safety. Shouldn't we get back to looking at start times for these late August and early September games. Example in Auburn at 3:00 it is almost assuredly going to be 100+ degrees at 3:00. Why isn't this a bigger issue instead of letting tv (SEC network) profit at the expense of safety.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Jason Carroll

Arkansas starts around 2:30 today and Bret Bielema should be on ESPNU in the big room around that time for those that want to watch him.  We get a few minutes with the guys around 12:30 before they start making their rounds.  We will have a lot of the sound up for you guys later today on the site.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Jason Carroll on July 16, 2014, 09:51:15 am
Arkansas starts around 2:30 today and Bret Bielema should be on ESPNU in the big room around that time for those that want to watch him.  We get a few minutes with the guys around 12:30 before they start making their rounds.  We will have a lot of the sound up for you guys later today on the site.

Thanks for your hard work and giving us feinds our "fix".
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

hoglady

My question last year and this year.
Who controls the offense - how much freedom does Chaney have?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

holman24

July 16, 2014, 10:17:03 am #22 Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:27:42 am by holman24
You left WI for more pay for your Asst. coaches but after the product you and your coaches put on the field last year (the worst year of any first year coach and none of them made the kind of money you are) do you feel that you earned your paycheck???

WashUhog6

Quote from: holman24 on July 16, 2014, 10:17:03 am
You left WI for more pay for your Asst. coaches but after the product you and your coaches put on the field last year (the worst year of any first year coach and none of them made the kind of money you are) do you feel that you yearned your paycheck???
Yeah, that's not going to be asked.

Kevin

i want them to ask the big question ap & irwin were discussing on sunday at the roundtable.

why did you not bring brandon allen to media day?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Shorttimer

With players essentially experiencing three years of turmoil and two losing seasons, how difficult is it to get the team to a place where they believe they are going to win?  How much of the offseason is spent preparing the team psychologically?

OR

Do you think rugby players are tougher than football players?

I'd like to hear his answer to either.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

NWAVolFan

It's amazing how random Internet posters can come up with better questions than some professional journalists.

One guy asked Mullen yesterday, "Do you see any benefits from having 30 returning seniors to help teach the younger guys?"

No, Mullen doesn't see any benefit, he prefers all freshmen and there is no benefit to having lots of returning seniors.

secneahog

Has any of the DEs out grown their position and moved inside to Dts?

Have you seen Keytrus Marks make a jump after a redshirt year?

Did they watch game film at the Patriots head quarters when they was invited there?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

bigbadhog

Quote from: hoglady on July 16, 2014, 10:12:08 am

Exactly what I would like to know...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 16, 2014, 11:32:15 am
Exactly what I would like to know...

So you are actually worried about who called the plays last year? Really? THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO ASK BIELEMA AT THE SEC MEDIA DAYS?

bp

TeedupHigh

Quote from: holman24 on July 16, 2014, 10:17:03 am
You left WI for more pay for your Asst. coaches but after the product you and your coaches put on the field last year (the worst year of any first year coach and none of them made the kind of money you are) do you feel that you earned your paycheck???

I think he did!  With what little bobby left and the mess jls and what this board called the greatest set of assistants coach's ever created by little bobby, well yes he did!

HoginChiTown

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on July 16, 2014, 09:25:45 am
You talk about player safety. Shouldn't we get back to looking at start times for these late August and early September games. Example in Auburn at 3:00 it is almost assuredly going to be 100+ degrees at 3:00. Why isn't this a bigger issue instead of letting tv (SEC network) profit at the expense of safety.

I think this would be a great question.  In my opinion, you should never play afternoon games in the South until late September.  Too dang hot.  Morning or evening only.

ldfergu

Quote from: hoglady on July 16, 2014, 10:12:08 am

I'm sure the entire coaching staff learned a lot from last year.  CBB and Chaney needed a year of figuring each other out.  There will be changes made this year, changes for the better

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Kevin on July 16, 2014, 10:33:50 am
i want them to ask the big question ap & irwin were discussing on sunday at the roundtable.

Only 5 of the 14 teams had their QB present.  Would have been 6 with Marshall but even then, more than half the coaches chose representatives other than their QB.

Dr. Starcs

1. Would you trade one win for a us World Cup?

2. Who is the biggest villain in arkansas history?

WashUhog6

Quote from: lefty08 on July 16, 2014, 11:09:58 am
Nor should it
Not only does it have all the subtlety of punching a wall, it's unnecessarily antagonistic and a waste of time.

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on July 16, 2014, 10:33:50 am

Because he's not a senior?

Hogwild

How many true freshman do you see playing this season, and any in the season opener?

Kevin

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on July 16, 2014, 12:23:05 pm
Only 5 of the 14 teams had their QB present.  Would have been 6 with Marshall but even then, more than half the coaches chose representatives other than their QB.

Ap and Irwin did a segment on it on Sunday. They said he should be there and made a big deal out of it. Going so far as to say, somebody in sports information should have told CBB he needed to take him.  Plus, they wondered what Allen was now thinking because he was not going.

So, now is their chance to ask, but they won't

Personally, I don't think he should be there. 
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

nextlevel

Quote from: Kevin on July 16, 2014, 01:27:47 pm
Ap and Irwin did a segment on it on Sunday. They said he should be there and made a big deal out of it. Going so far as to say, somebody in sports information should have told CBB he needed to take him.  Plus, they wondered what Allen was now thinking because he was not going.

So, now is their chance to ask, but they won't

Personally, I don't think he should be there. 

Sumlin took his punter to media days this year.

It isn't like media days is a pleasurable experience for a player unless you enjoy answer the same, often dumb, questions over and over and over.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

TT222

What does the competition look like to fill Kiero's role? Who are the favorites to take over the fb position?

rzrbackramsfan

What are the chances we'll sign vin ascolese?

Huckleberry Pig

Is there a specific reason we don't have a designated QB Coach (one with prior experience) esp when our QB situations seems to be our biggest problem?  Someone who could be on the field during the game for our QB to talk to and someone who can work on our QB's mechanics/vision/etc.

Would he consider hiring one in the future?  We have several quality QB's lined up, would be great to see them utilized to their full potential.

lumphog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 16, 2014, 12:37:10 pm
1. Would you trade one win for a us World Cup?

2. Who is the biggest villain in arkansas history?
PRICELESS

1highhog

Quote from: lumphog on July 16, 2014, 03:00:11 pm
PRICELESS

I bet you a hundred bucks Coach B would tell you, maybe not at the SEC media days, but somewhere a little less formal and so many witnesses.

MrKnowItAll

Pig Worshipper

What's it going to be like to play Texas A&M without Johnny Manziel? Oh, wait... Bob Holt probably already asked that question.

nextlevel

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on July 16, 2014, 07:17:38 pm
What's it going to be like to play Texas A&M without Johnny Manziel? Oh, wait... Bob Holt probably already asked that question.

CBB ribbed him during the presser today. I'm paraphrasing but someone sitting near Bob was getting the mic when CBB noticed Bob and said:

"What's wrong Bob, run out of questions yesterday?"

Smiled and giggled then said:

"I'll get with you for your questions"

ell oh ell