Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 09:32:37 am

0.1%

Started by Pyotr Tchaikhogsky, July 15, 2014, 03:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

So, you're saying there's a chance?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

bigbadhog

Sounds about right.....
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

No reason not to be optimistic.  Nowhere to go, but up.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

HeismanHawg

That should be taped on every door way, locker, window and anything in sight where the players can see that everyday. If thats not motivation to improve I don't know what is.

moses_007

Quote from: HeismanHawg on July 15, 2014, 03:34:20 pm
That should be taped on every door way, locker, window and anything in sight where the players can see that everyday. If thats not motivation to improve I don't know what is.
+1.  I wonder what sports service arrived at these figures?  I guarantee you Arkansas will be better this year than that.

Hoggish1

TNhawgfan

Well last year they voted us dead last too. So...
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

So, if they increase our chances 100%, it would be point.two ???

OK...

Wildhog

Does this mean I can get the Hogs at 1000:1?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Could be worse.

I have a 0.0000000005706% chance of winning the Powerball.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

ricepig

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on July 15, 2014, 03:59:19 pm
Could be worse.

I have a 0.0000000005706% chance of winning the Powerball.

Only if you play, it's 0.0000 if you don't buy a ticket.

Hogarusa

It could be worse
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: moses_007 on July 15, 2014, 03:36:38 pm
+1.  I wonder what sports service arrived at these figures?  I guarantee you Arkansas will be better this year than that.

I think that was the same media member that voted against Tebow. 

1 out of 1200 works out to 0.0833%.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on July 15, 2014, 03:05:47 pm

This made me laugh.

State at 3rd in that list is pretty nuts, though.  They have a pretty sweet schedule, but I'm not seeing them that high.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: moses_007 on July 15, 2014, 03:36:38 pm

This should tell you. They hate us.   :)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=569963.msg9066311#msg9066311

The_Iceman

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on July 15, 2014, 04:07:31 pm
This made me laugh.

State at 3rd in that list is pretty nuts, though.  They have a pretty sweet schedule, but I'm not seeing them that high.

Schedule has got to be why they're that high.

oldbear

I am absolutely certain this was scientifically done.  I think it is fun that we get picked last.  I don't believe we will be last this year or for many years after.  I don't believe for a moment that we will win this division this year, but I believe we will see definite improvement.  I am a fan of the team and our staff and believe we are recruiting better now than we have in quite a while. 

My glass is always half full.  Life is more fun that way.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 15, 2014, 03:27:12 pm
Sounds about right.....

Where your hero Petrino found himself, too...

Ex-Trumpet

So, MSU has a better chance than LSU?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 15, 2014, 04:32:15 pm
Yeah, until they play.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 15, 2014, 04:32:15 pm

right up until game time. 

Wildhog

Quote from: lowberh on July 15, 2014, 04:04:04 pm
It could be worse

Yeah, but we'd have to add a decimal place.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog N Bama

It's a typo right?  >:(

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PygmalionEffect

So they gave us the % left over from rounding to keep us from being at zero.

Thanks.......... I guess
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

The Kig

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on July 15, 2014, 03:31:26 pm

Too funny... love the 3rd guy finally trying to figure out what is taking up half the space. 
Poker Porker

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 15, 2014, 05:31:37 pm

Point being, when there is so much that remains unknown at this point, these prognosticators can often be wrong. Not saying we are going to win the West, but a lot better than last year, yes.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Pyotr Tchaikhogsky on July 15, 2014, 03:31:26 pm

Ever seen a man flat on his back that didn't think everything was looking up?

jbcarol

Danny Sheridan was less optimistic but there's a chance

QuoteOdds of winning in Atlanta in December:

Tennessee -- 100:1

Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt -- 1 million:1

Win the SEC West:

A&M (15:1)
Arkansas (500,000:1)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SemperFi

Quote from: jbcarol on July 15, 2014, 07:09:04 pm
Danny Sheridan was less optimistic but there's a chance

So, if I make a $1.00 bet and the Hogs win the Western Division Danny Sheridan owes me $500,000.00? I might just just drop $10.00 on the Hogs and when Danny has to pay me $5 mil I'm hosting a Hogville Pizza Party to celebrate.

These dudes are just absolute idiots and I'd love for the Hogs to win not only the Western Div, but the SEC if for no other reason but to watch these geniuses crash and burn.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

footballfan

I see alot of anger on here, but which teams listed will we be better than and why? Don't just say "you're wrong!!! rabble rabble! You hate Arkansas! Rabble rabble!" Offer a rebuttal as to which of those teams we will finish ahead of and why.

Uncommon

Quote from: footballfan on July 15, 2014, 07:59:09 pm
I see alot of anger on here, but which teams listed will we be better than and why? Don't just say "you're wrong!!! rabble rabble! You hate Arkansas! Rabble rabble!" Offer a rebuttal as to which of those teams we will finish ahead of and why.
It's more of a harrumph than a rabble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY&t=0m4s

footballfan

Quote from: Uncommon on July 15, 2014, 08:04:38 pm
It's more of a harrumph than a rabble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY&t=0m4s

I was mistaken and have been properly called on it. I salute you, and quietly bow out.  :'(

Hogarusa

Quote from: SemperFi on July 15, 2014, 07:31:27 pm
So, if I make a $1.00 bet and the Hogs win the Western Division Danny Sheridan owes me $500,000.00? I might just just drop $10.00 on the Hogs and when Danny has to pay me $5 mil I'm hosting a Hogville Pizza Party to celebrate.

These dudes are just absolute idiots and I'd love for the Hogs to win not only the Western Div, but the SEC if for no other reason but to watch these geniuses crash and burn.

What makes them idiots? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

SemperFi

Quote from: lowberh on July 15, 2014, 08:26:43 pm
What makes them idiots? 

My opinion and you're not invited to the pizza party...... ;)

I just don't know how anyone can lay down odds like that without a single snap in the 2014 season having been taken. Team chemistry changes just like the roster does every year. Injuries happen, teams step up and that's why they play the game and not allow some pencil neck geek decide the outcomes. Not calling for the Hogs to win, play or even be in the conversation for the NC, but I am of the belief that they will be substantially better in 2014.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Al Boarland

This is almost as embarrassing as our SEC media guide. It's by far the worst one out of the lot.

HogFanatic

They're basically saying that the Hogs don't have a prayer in any single SEC game this season. Not even one.

This is the most ridiculous "projection" I have ever seen.
Seriously? It's Alabama or Auburn - period? NO other team has even a double-digit shot at winning the SEC title?

Whomever the Pulitzer Prize Nominee is that wrote this gem needs to be canned ASAP and kicked in the arse on the way out the door.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 15, 2014, 09:13:00 pm
They're basically saying that the Hogs don't have a prayer in any single SEC game this season. Not even one.

This is the most ridiculous "projection" I have ever seen.
Seriously? It's Alabama or Auburn - period? NO other team has even a double-digit shot at winning the SEC title?

Whomever the Pulitzer Prize Nominee is that wrote this gem needs to be canned ASAP and kicked in the arse on the way out the door.
says a fan of the team at .1%
This is fun, isn't it.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 15, 2014, 09:09:59 pm
This is almost as embarrassing as our SEC media guide. It's by far the worst one out of the lot.

Is the cover of the media guide that big of an issue?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lefty08

Quote from: Al Boarland on July 15, 2014, 09:09:59 pm

I didnt get a chance to see it. Let me guess: there is either an eagle, a tiger, or gus on the cover.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on July 15, 2014, 09:29:03 pm
I didnt get a chance to see it. Let me guess: there is either an eagle, a tiger, or gus on the cover.

Yep, Auburn's is embarrassing. Of course, Al would know.

HogFanatic

Quote from: LRRandy on July 15, 2014, 09:17:38 pm
says a fan of the team at .1%

OK...
And??
Are you differentiating yourself from me, as a Hog Fan?
That's what it sounds like and honestly it wouldn't surprise me.

Which team do YOU root for?

Al Boarland

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 15, 2014, 09:19:00 pm
Is the cover of the media guide that big of an issue?
No. It's just one more thing.