Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Gragg article on wholehogsports.com

Started by muddhogger, July 15, 2014, 02:40:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The real Hogules

Quote from: sawmill on July 27, 2014, 08:01:00 pm
Has there ever been an in-state recruit that waited late to commit or waited til signing day and chose the Hogs?  It seems if they want to be a Hog, they commit early.

I believe that Joe Adams was a late addition to his recruiting class.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 27, 2014, 08:39:44 pm

I believe that Joe Adams was a late addition to his recruiting class.

Yeah, but he flipped from USCe on signing day. I think he was asking about a NSD/late season commitment.

VBMark

Quote from: Wildhog on July 25, 2014, 01:34:07 pm
FCJ and Coach B sat down and they agreed that this would be how they handle these situations. 

Joe's a mover and a shaker.

More shaker than mover, me thinks. ;)
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

VBMark

Frazier and the Dime at least took visits to the Hogs. No visit, likely means no chance.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: VBMark on July 27, 2014, 11:14:44 pm
Frazier and the Dime at least took visits to the Hogs. No visit, likely means no chance.
No chance deez nuts.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2014, 08:47:11 pm
Yeah, but he flipped from USCe on signing day. I think he was asking about a NSD/late season commitment.

It was USCw.

redeye

Quote from: greenie on July 27, 2014, 07:41:06 pm
Not that it means anything, but 247 just put up a couple of new crystal ball picks for Gragg to Ole Miss.

My Dad went to Ole Miss, but I hate those guys.

That seems to be the way the crystal ball is trending.

I couldn't blame Gragg for going elsewhere, because I can understand the need to set himself apart from his brother's legacy.  But I'll never understand why any reputable player would choose Ole Miss over Arkansas, or any other decent school, for that matter.

I hope he chooses Arkansas, but if he chooses Ole Miss, I'll mostly just feel sorry for him.

ricepig

Steef

ricepig

Quote from: steefhog on July 28, 2014, 06:57:37 am
Thanks.

You didn't need the link. I would have taken your word for it. ;)

I know you would have, but someone would have.   ???

Steef

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 06:54:23 am
I swear I typed USCw, haha.

Yea, I figured you did...  ;)

Well, 10 of the last 11 crystal ball picks have Gragg to Ole Miss.  I guess if he's going to another team in the SEC-W, I'm at least relieved that it's a team that's never won the SEC-W.

MH04

Hunter Henry didn't commit early I don't think

online-with-swine

Quote from: redeye on July 29, 2014, 01:02:22 am
Yea, I figured you did...  ;)

Well, 10 of the last 11 crystal ball picks have Gragg to Ole Miss.  I guess if he's going to another team in the SEC-W, I'm at least relieved that it's a team that's never won the SEC-W.

I would be glad it's a team that never uses it's tightend.

ArkansasI

I posted a message similar to the following on another message board in regards to KJ Hill.  The message applies the same to Will.

I think most of us find it easier to accept an Arkansas player looking at another school if the other university is truly an elite institution or if it offers a degree that is desired by the player but not available at Arkansas.

The football programs are going to be similar everywhere.  The University of Arkansas invests as much in its coaches and facilities as other schools.  It is first class - our fans have given all they can afford to ensure that the Razorback experience is second to none.  We have made the sacrifice, and we need the commitment of our in-state athletes to confirm our efforts.

Being a Razorback is unique.  An Arkansas player that goes anywhere other than the University of Arkansas will likely feel greater isolation than is typical of players from many other states.  There will be less than a handful of Arkansas players on the other roster - how many Arkansas kids are at Ole Miss?

Competing with other SEC schools for Arkansas kids is particularly annoying.  Until we start pulling Florida kids away from Florida, Alabama kids away from Alabama and Auburn, Texas kids from Texas A&M, etc. - I am going to expect Arkansas kids that are capable of playing in the SEC to choose Arkansas.  An Arkansas kid that has a Razorback offer and chooses Alabama, Auburn or Ole Miss has chosen to compete directly against his home state.  That sucks.  I challenge anyone to name a football player from any other SEC represented state that has done the same for Arkansas.

College is an adjustment for everyone.  I firmly believe that an Arkansas prepster's best opportunity for success is at the University of Arkansas.

The NFL cares very little about whether you are a Razorback, Rebel/Black Bear, or Crimson Tide... professional athletes are found throughout the United States at big schools and little schools.

I understand that these guys are young and impressionable.  I understand that they want to win and be part of a legacy that they can be proud to look back upon as they age.  A player that gives 100% effort to whatever school he chooses will provide himself that legacy.  NO REGRETS.

For Arkansas players, the greatest reward is available in Fayetteville.  The quicker Will commits, the quicker he can grow that legacy.

I don't want Arkansas prepsters to go gently into their Razorback commitment.  I want them leading the charge.

Good luck to Will.  And GO HOGS!

SemperFi

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 29, 2014, 10:11:02 am
I posted a message similar to the following on another message board in regards to KJ Hill.  The message applies the same to Will.

I think most of us find it easier to accept an Arkansas player looking at another school if the other university is truly an elite institution or if it offers a degree that is desired by the player but not available at Arkansas.

The football programs are going to be similar everywhere.  The University of Arkansas invests as much in its coaches and facilities as other schools.  It is first class - our fans have given all they can afford to ensure that the Razorback experience is second to none.  We have made the sacrifice, and we need the commitment of our in-state athletes to confirm our efforts.

Being a Razorback is unique.  An Arkansas player that goes anywhere other than the University of Arkansas will likely feel greater isolation than is typical of players from many other states.  There will be less than a handful of Arkansas players on the other roster - how many Arkansas kids are at Ole Miss?

Competing with other SEC schools for Arkansas kids is particularly annoying.  Until we start pulling Florida kids away from Florida, Alabama kids away from Alabama and Auburn, Texas kids from Texas A&M, etc. - I am going to expect Arkansas kids that are capable of playing in the SEC to choose Arkansas.  An Arkansas kid that has a Razorback offer and chooses Alabama, Auburn or Ole Miss has chosen to compete directly against his home state.  That sucks.  I challenge anyone to name a football player from any other SEC represented state that has done the same for Arkansas.

College is an adjustment for everyone.  I firmly believe that an Arkansas prepster's best opportunity for success is at the University of Arkansas.

The NFL cares very little about whether you are a Razorback, Rebel/Black Bear, or Crimson Tide... professional athletes are found throughout the United States at big schools and little schools.

I understand that these guys are young and impressionable.  I understand that they want to win and be part of a legacy that they can be proud to look back upon as they age.  A player that gives 100% effort to whatever school he chooses will provide himself that legacy.  NO REGRETS.

For Arkansas players, the greatest reward is available in Fayetteville.  The quicker Will commits, the quicker he can grow that legacy.

I don't want Arkansas prepsters to go gently into their Razorback commitment.  I want them leading the charge.

Good luck to Will.  And GO HOGS!

Well said and I agree 100%. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawgwash

Has there ever been an in-state recruit that waited late to commit or waited til signing day and chose the Hogs?  It seems if they want to be a Hog, they commit early.
Joe Adams.

ricepig

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 25, 2014, 01:35:08 pm
We very well may not get him. but i have a good feeling that he will be a Razorback. can't tell you why i feel this way. just a gut feeling. could be 100% wrong.

Its called confirmation bias and its just neurology. When we want to believe really bad just about any ole reason will do.

redeye

I think Byran Jones was the last one.  He committed on NSD in 2010.

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: LJHOG on July 25, 2014, 11:17:57 pm
why?  he isn't doing all that well at bama and he didn't really play against very good HS competition. i'll say it again.  i'd rather have an all district 4 or 5A running back out of Texas than an all-state back in Arkansas.

So, you would turn down an All-State DMAC, Shawn Andrews, Tyler Wilson,Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, Korless Marshall, Peyton Hillis,Madre Hill just to sign an all district from Texas?   You would be fired.....!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: redeye on July 29, 2014, 09:38:46 pm
I think Byran Jones was the last one.  He committed on NSD in 2010.

Adams, Jones and Bledsoe are the only instate kids I can think of.

redeye

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 30, 2014, 07:42:32 am
Adams, Jones and Bledsoe are the only instate kids I can think of.

Hocker and Marshall committed late, but they were offered late.  Adams switched his commitment.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on July 30, 2014, 10:28:04 am
Hocker and Marshall committed late, but they were offered late.  Adams switched his commitment.

Hocker also switched.

redeye

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on July 30, 2014, 12:01:24 pm
I've forgotten that.  Was it from A-State?

Yep, we lost a flip on the punter/kicker from Shreveport? to Texsa, great luck on our part.

al_pigcino

Quote from: LJHOG on July 25, 2014, 11:17:57 pm
why?  he isn't doing all that well at bama and he didn't really play against very good HS competition. i'll say it again.  i'd rather have an all district 4 or 5A running back out of Texas than an all-state back in Arkansas.
I would at Quarterback or Linebacker.  At running back?  Not so much.