Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damian Williams in studio on UU Show now!

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, July 15, 2014, 02:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

July 15, 2014, 02:23:44 pm Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:30:46 pm by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya
1190 a.m. The Fan

Write your questions here...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

chitwnhog

QUESTION: Do you consider Houston Dale Nutt to be the biggest Villian in Razorback History?

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 15, 2014, 02:28:41 pm
QUESTION: Do you consider Houston Dale Nutt to be the biggest Villian in Razorback History?

Coming  up next...lol

chitwnhog

And If he side-steps the issue (as I expect him to) ask him if he will ever tell the whole story of what transpired during his only season on the Hill.

Damien:  No way, he did some great things.

He helped the program way more than he hurt it.

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 15, 2014, 02:35:30 pm
And If he side-steps the issue (as I expect him to) ask him if he will ever tell the whole story of what transpired during his only season on the Hill.

Talking about it now..

https://www.facebook.com/UglyUncleShow/app_208195102528120

Saying he probably will never.

As a 17 year old he put up with people sending death threats to parents.  Again, says he's a better man, but went through stuff no one should.

Right now he's working with kids here at camp at the U of A, helping instill these skills and being a person of integrity.

chitwnhog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 15, 2014, 02:42:45 pm

As a 17 year old he put up with people sending death threats to parents.  Again, says he's a better man, but went through stuff no one should.

As I thought. I guess we will never really know. Gus isn't talking...

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Great, great guy. Had an awesome time with him in studio.
ched come back pls

Talking SEC Media days, Spurrier

Questions/comments?

PorkRinds

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 15, 2014, 02:35:53 pm
Damien:  No way, he did some great things.

He helped the program way more than he hurt it.

So did you argue with him and tell him he just didn't know any better?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 04:00:20 pm

I said I admired his holding back and asked him if he had ever considered running for political office.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 04:00:20 pm

PorkHinds, So is he the 4th WR for Miami behind Hartline, Wallace and Gibson?

PorkRinds

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on July 15, 2014, 04:16:54 pm
PorkHinds, So is he the 4th WR for Miami behind Hartline, Wallace and Gibson?

Not sure therazorbackgay.

PorkRinds

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 15, 2014, 04:15:52 pm
I said I admired his holding back and asked him if he had ever considered running for political office.
That didn't sound like him just holding back. And he likely knows way more about the situation than any of us. Holding back would be just saying "no" or "not for me to decide". I just wonder why you weren't so dismissive if him as the folks here who disagreed.

Dr. Starcs

Another example of the arkansas media doing its job. The guys on here that tried to reasonably defend nutt were laughed at and ridiculed by the likes of notshavin and others.

It is interesting how he may not have done a 180 here with the interview, but definitely was not confrontational the way he was on here with zeke, chill and the other poster (can't remember the other one)

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 06:26:48 pm
That didn't sound like him just holding back. And he likely knows way more about the situation than any of us. Holding back would be just saying "no" or "not for me to decide". I just wonder why you weren't so dismissive if him as the folks here who disagreed.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 15, 2014, 06:55:01 pm
Another example of the arkansas media doing its job. The guys on here that tried to reasonably defend nutt were laughed at and ridiculed by the likes of notshavin and others.

It is interesting how he may not have done a 180 here with the interview, but definitely was not confrontational the way he was on here with zeke, chill and the other poster (can't remember the other one)

Fair criticism.  I thought about it and almost did, to be quite honest.  But I am not on the show full-time anymore, and we had a full house today - so only so much talk to go around.  I also figured people would be more interested in what Damian, CJ and UU had to say about it.  I'm also not a football expert by any stretch.  I'm more vocal on here because this is more on the entertainment side of things.

Do I regret not being able to push a little more?  Probably.

PorkRinds

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 15, 2014, 07:37:45 pm
Fair criticism.  I thought about it and almost did, to be quite honest.  But I am not on the show full-time anymore, and we had a full house today - so only so much talk to go around.  I also figured people would be more interested in what Damian, CJ and UU had to say about it.  I'm also not a football expert by any stretch.  I'm more vocal on here because this is more on the entertainment side of things.

Do I regret not being able to push a little more?  Probably.

That's fair.  But it should at least give you some pause about how extreme you've been on here about it. I get your pov, and respect it to an extent. But this guy was directly involved and doesn't have the same vitriol you do. That should at least make you think twice about how you view it going forward. I'm actually glad you didn't go after him. That showed good judgement, as it would have probably been bad form.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 15, 2014, 08:04:08 pm
That's fair.  But it should at least give you some pause about how extreme you've been on here about it.

People really are starting to forget how bad it got under the Dork.

ArkansasI

I'm not following... what idiot sent death threats to his parents?  Were fans threatening his parents if he didn't become a Razorback (he was 17)?

I'm sorry, that chapter troubles me... I'd like to just get past it.  Damien certainly did by transfering to USC.

nextlevel

Quote from: ArkansasI on July 16, 2014, 07:59:33 am
I'm not following... what idiot sent death threats to his parents?  Were fans threatening his parents if he didn't become a Razorback (he was 17)?

I'm sorry, that chapter troubles me... I'd like to just get past it.  Damien certainly did by transfering to USC.

Probably the same idiots who sent death threats to Reggie Fish and others on that team.

The "Dr. Mr QB" email was very mild and tame compared to what others on the team received.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

JIHawg

Just curious, how does one send a death threat to a player?  Anonymous mail?  Message on a phone?  Hollar across the street?  Note left on a porch?  Facebook or other media?

three hog night

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 15, 2014, 02:44:57 pm
As I thought. I guess we will never really know. Gus isn't talking...

I hope it never comes out.   We need to close that chapter in our history and learn from it.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

chitwnhog

Quote from: three hog night on July 16, 2014, 09:37:45 am
I hope it never comes out.   We need to close that chapter in our history and learn from it.

Agreed.

hoglady

Honestly, it sounds like Damien was way more concerned with the treatment he received from some of the stupid fans - than anything Nutt did.
I didn't listen to the interview, just gathered that from the postings above - is that a fair assessment?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HamShank

If you want the whole story, you're not going to get it any more clearly than in "The Identity Theft of Mitch Mustain" documentary. It's all laid out. And, to me, Malzahn doesn't come off any better than Nutt in that.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: hoglady on July 16, 2014, 10:08:52 am
Honestly, it sounds like Damien was way more concerned with the treatment he received from some of the stupid fans - than anything Nutt did.
I didn't listen to the interview, just gathered that from the postings above - is that a fair assessment?
He honestly brushed it all off. Couldn't have handled it any better. The only time I saw him start to feel maybe a little deflated was when I asked him a question about Mitch.
ched come back pls

hoglady

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on July 16, 2014, 10:42:31 am
He honestly brushed it all off. Couldn't have handled it any better. The only time I saw him start to feel maybe a little deflated was when I asked him a question about Mitch.

Thanks.
I can't figure out the death threats. What are people thinking - it's football. Scary to think that many mentally unstable people walking around. Can't relate at all - just doesn't even register.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

PorkSoda

what is wrong with people? 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.